Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Bishop Martino's Political Stances?
Yes (Why?) 6 26.09%
No (Why?) 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 05:49 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,003,349 times

Advertisements

Sigh.....................

Well, I'm proud to say that I am very fortunate to remember every damn one of them. We didn't have phone prefixes in south central PA, but they always had them in the movies.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:37 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Sigh.....................

Well, I'm proud to say that I am very fortunate to remember every damn one of them. We didn't have phone prefixes in south central PA, but they always had them in the movies.
I remember EVERY damm one of them too....& I'm damm proud of it also!! You couldn't pay me to have to grow up these days...I feel the younger people have actually missed out on so much, despite all the gadgets & conveniences they have....

(spoken like a true oldie!!)

Also rockky, that thing is different from a wringer...we had an electric tub washer with the wringer above & I remember my hand getting caught in it!! (good thing they had that safety feature where the rollers were flexible...no bones broke, just a lotta pain & bruises...) My grandma had the same, but run with a gas engine!! Boy!! The smoke & fumes you had to inhale for clean clothes!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 07:36 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,994 times
I just found a new YouTube video of my friend Annie...this time focusing on her paintings as opposed to her voice. I don't think she's aware of it yet...

Her paintings are "other-worldly" & amazingly detailed. She's sent me so many, we're gonna have to add a wing onto the house!!

If you look at 2 min/25 seconds on the clip, you'll see the red violin she painted for me...unbelievably beautiful!!!

YouTube - PAINTINGS LAST FOREVER - ANNIE HASLAM

Old 02-01-2009, 08:18 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
OMFG! STEELERS WON!!! WET MY PANTS!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 08:20 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
OMFG! STEELERS WON!!! WET MY PANTS!!!
That was quite an exciting game in those last couple minutes!!

Old 02-01-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
That was quite an exciting game in those last couple minutes!!
I'm so happy we were all permitted to leave work early! What was everyone's favorite commercials? I personally liked the CareerBuilder one with the woman screaming in her car, boss calling the guy "idiot" (or whatever), etc. I also got a kick out of the Hyundai commercial with the other car company executives flipping out in their native tongues. Of course, the Clydesdale one made me smile as well. I didn't care as much for the talking baby commercials, but my father really got a kick out of them.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
I'm so happy we were all permitted to leave work early! What was everyone's favorite commercials? I personally liked the CareerBuilder one with the woman screaming in her car, boss calling the guy "idiot" (or whatever), etc. I also got a kick out of the Hyundai commercial with the other car company executives flipping out in their native tongues. Of course, the Clydesdale one made me smile as well. I didn't care as much for the talking baby commercials, but my father really got a kick out of them.
Didn't care for the talking baby ones either. The Careerbuilder ones were my favorite I think...and the one I think that was for Michellin.....where the astronouts have the rims stolen off their spaceship...haha! Loved the Pedigree ones promoting adopting dogs

Old 02-01-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Didn't care for the talking baby ones either. The Careerbuilder ones were my favorite I think...and the one I think that was for Michellin.....where the astronouts have the rims stolen off their spaceship...haha! Loved the Pedigree ones promoting adopting dogs
I forgot all about the astronaut one! That one was hilarious!

Old 02-01-2009, 08:41 PM

WOO HOO! Now Scranton is back in the national spotlight as "The Office" is coming on! Maybe our tourist potential will skyrocket to zero?!

Old 02-01-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I forgot all about the astronaut one! That one was hilarious!
It was Bridgestone, not Michelin..here it is..lol Hulu - Super Bowl XLIII Ads (http://www.hulu.com/superbowl/55642/super-bowl-xliii-ads-bridgestone-hot-item#s-p8-sr-i0 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania