Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Bishop Martino's Political Stances?
Yes (Why?) 6 26.09%
No (Why?) 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:00 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,990,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Paul I don't think that you realize what goes on behind the scenes in Scranton politics and how dirty it really is. I read the letter that Joanne supposedly received and there was no threat, it just pointed out the obvious.

I have had my life threatened on several occassions and my family has been threatened and property vandalizied. I myself have a stack of letters. They also went as far as severing my electric service ground which threw my house out of phase, because of that it cost me a laptop and a large stainless refrigerator.

We also appreciate the middle of the night threatening phone calls that we recieve weekly.

We have to check our vehicles everyday for slashed tires and broken windows before school or work.

I live in Lower Greenridge and I have to have an infared/night vision security camera system on my house just to protect my family and property from political allies of the Doherty admin..

Neither my wife nor I have left the house unarmed in close to two years.

There is alot at stake financially and they will do what they have to in order to protect that. Doherty supporters are far worse then the "dommers" could ever be.

The big difference is that the "doomers" use words and the podium and the Doherty crew uses violence and threats to scare and silence people in this city.

You'll never read any of this in the Times because its normal, but as soon as one of their own gets a letter from one of their own it practically makes the front page.
This is by far and away the most ridiculous post i have ever read......Aren't you a regular MLK over there MODERATOR CUT..Shhesh...I don;t buy that for a second.

Last edited by Retired Law 08; 02-04-2009 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: new rule in TOS.."outing users" by revealing address,phone# or other info that they didn't share on forum is prohibited..

Old 02-04-2009, 08:17 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,990,385 times
Now if we want to talk outrage, i will say this decision for the SSSD is out right wrong. If you look back about 6 months at state funds granted to certain intiatives it is clear who Ed Rendell is pandering to. I am sick to my stomach thingking that the SSSD will close due to the pen swipe of rendell.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:29 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
The Scranton State School for the Deaf will not close. The NEIU has already expressed strong interest in keeping the school operational, and I'm CERTAIN that there is enough support from both the community and local businesses to keep the school financially sound. I myself only earn $15,000 per year and would love to donate $100 to help keep it afloat if and when they start a community fund raising drive. That school is the ONLY official school for the deaf and hearing impaired in a multi-county area of millions of people. It can't die.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:33 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
This is by far and away the most ridiculous post i have ever read......Aren't you a regular MLK over there on ....Shhesh...I don;t buy that for a second.
To be fair, I have just reported your post. Not because I don't likewise think that Dan is nailing himself to the cross worse than Janet Evans does at every council meeting with her "I'm the oppressed voice of the people," tirades but because you should not have listed Dan's street. Anyone who knows Dan personally and has access to the county's assessment database already knows what house he lives in (I've driven past it before just out of curiosity), but with over a half-million members and many millions of monthly views from "lurkers," Lord only knows what sorts of trouble this might get him into if the wrong person with a vendetta against him (who wasn't smart enough to figure out where he lived otherwise) saw this. Hopefully a moderator will "cut" your mention of his street address and leave the rest intact.

Last edited by Retired Law 08; 02-04-2009 at 09:38 PM..

Old 02-04-2009, 10:58 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,100,577 times
Believe what you want....How about I drop a little of your family history here on CD for ya in return for the address. Your kidding me if you think that this stuff never happens around here.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:30 AM

65 posts, read 141,261 times
Quote:
Now if we want to talk outrage, i will say this decision for the SSSD is out right wrong. If you look back about 6 months at state funds granted to certain intiatives it is clear who Ed Rendell is pandering to. I am sick to my stomach thingking that the SSSD will close due to the pen swipe of rendell.

I have to agree with you that this is an outrage, And Scranbarre says that it won't close in a post, however I do believe that on the evening news last night that they said that NEIU was interested in keeping some of the programs at the school operational, that does not mean that they want to keep the school operational and functioning as it does today. I think that we need to write to the governor and our state representative, senators, congressmen and let them know how outraged we are about this. Will it help, I don't know, but it sure couldn't hurt.

I was also slightly disturbed that they made mention of a study that is being done that will consolidate Pennsylvania's 500 school districts down to 100 school districts. What does this mean for the future of our children and the quality of their education?

I really want to know more about it, and they are going to begin a year long study on how to accomplish this. I really don't know what this means for our children and I for one am worried.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:42 AM

99 posts, read 271,232 times
Default Good Morning NEPA

Good morning ladies and gentleman. While im sitting at work awaiting the sunrise I thought I would wish everyone and good and safe day today!

Old 02-05-2009, 04:00 AM

106,708 posts, read 108,913,061 times
now you did it, suppose we all had 363 safe days this year and today we were planning on having a plain ole crappy un-safe day... now you put pressure on us to go out here and have a safe happy day... im just crushed!

same to you and keep warm, this weather has been crazy this year.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:48 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,585,325 times
Same to you!!

Old 02-05-2009, 05:24 AM

904 posts, read 2,056,008 times
Quote:
This is by far and away the most ridiculous post i have ever read......Aren't you a regular MLK over there MODERATOR CUT..Shhesh...I don;t buy that for a second.
Hahaha. Yeah, weluv, even if that were all true, you gotta know that post comes off as a bit loopy and paranoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania