Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Phils or Yanks in the World Series?
Phillies! (I'm a Phillies fan) 29 40.28%
Yankees! (I'm a Yankees fan) 25 34.72%
Phillies (I'm a fan of another team) 9 12.50%
Yankees (I'm a fan of another team) 3 4.17%
Neither (I hate both teams) 0 0%
Neither (I don't care) 6 8.33%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 06:40 AM

372 posts, read 1,228,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I saw a great sign at the game last night: "George, this trophy is not for sale!"

Anyways, after last night's win, as long as the Phils take it one game at a time and don't look ahead, this is anyone's series. Win tomorrow night and its all even. I have to say the thought of Cole Hamels starting game 7 scares me. I also think Brad Lidge needs to be kept far away from the mound.

I predict a well-rested Pedro is the Yankees' "daddy" in game 6 and it comes down to game 7.
I agree...Hamels on the mound makes me a bit nervous too. If I see Lidge headed towards the mound, and I'll need a valium.

A 7-game World Series? That's what it's all about, baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 08:39 AM

567 posts, read 1,306,542 times
Lets Go Yanks! I truly hope they throw gaudin and not pettite.

Petitte is 37 years old and was tired in his last game!! forget about 3 -days rest.. let the rookie throw.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:57 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntweir View Post
Are you crazy???I am a huge Ranger fan and yes they still throw money around like drunken sailors..
What do you call the signings of Drury Redden And Rossy..All them,there best days are way behind them yet The Rangers will be stuck with them for years..This will hurt them for years!!
And as for the Yankees,they dont throw the money around like drunken sailors..They spent it wisely in the off season thats why they are in the posistion they are now..
There farm system is one of the best in baseball,they Havent traded any top propects ..and there lineup has plenty of home grown talent..
The Yankees make the most money of any team in baseball and they also put the most back into there team..Yes they have a HUGE advantage..
But they are doing it with home grown players and free agents..
That's because Glen Sather is an old fool who has lost it a long time ago. I agree, the contracts of Drury, Redden and Rozsival are crazy, but at least they are developing good young talent like Gilroy, Del-Zotto, Staal and Girardi. That's something they didn't do enough of 10 years ago. Oh, and by the way to get back on topic, Let's go Phils!!!

Old 11-04-2009, 04:22 PM

872 posts, read 1,714,002 times
I'd like to see the series go to 7 games and so far its been pretty exciting. I didn't follow Cliff Lee throughout the year and had no idea just how good a pitcher he is. I already knew about Sabbathia and Burnett's success. The best aspect of Lee is that he works quickly, he gets up there and throws and has no problem going nine innings. He's like a pitcher of a bygone era. Contrast that to the many pitchers that shake off sign after sign and don't have the confidence in themselves and end up having meetins on the mound every other batter. That gets so annoying. Tonight, I think the Yankees bats will come alive (unfortunately). I'd be surprised if Martinez pitches as well as he did in Game 2. What's up with Ryan Howard whiffing all the time? He better step it up to Utley's level or there won't be a Game 7.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:01 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Yawn...Yankees Inc. buys another championship.

Thanks for a great season, Fightins.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:38 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:

Sing it brother!

Old 11-05-2009, 05:55 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
So I am happy the Yankees won..........Just a long term thing..........Always, since a baby, Yankee.
But, wondering. If the Phillies used LEE to pitch.....They would have won. Yes, I just about have no doubt.
LEE was the most perfect pitcher I have ever watched.
So why not? Last game of the series.......a crucial game. So, his arm was a bit sore from days ago.
Really.......Phillies........You needed LEE.
I was looking forward to watching him again, but on second thought......glad he wasn't around.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:54 AM

936 posts, read 2,398,100 times
Congratulations to the Yankee's and to all the fans in PA. Yayyyyy Yankssss!!!

Old 11-05-2009, 07:23 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
Quote:

Very boring. Oh well, let's hope someone knocks them off their high horse next year. It gets old when the same team seems to win every year. I would like to see the Cubs win it next year, I mean the last time they were in a WS was 1945 and the last time they won it was 1908, now that's a drought, those fans deserve a championship, not the gluttony that the Yankee fans have.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:25 PM

872 posts, read 1,714,002 times
Congrats to the Yankees. they are probably my most hated team but deserve to be #1. Matsui owned Pedro Martinex in both game #2 and last night. With bases loaded and two out early in the game, Matsui steps to the plate having homered earlier in the game. Charlie Manuel should have pulled Martinez out or better yet intentionally walked Matsui even with the bases loaded. Under no circumstance should he have pitched to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania