Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 02:34 PM

3 posts, read 23,034 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am working in Washington DC and I am interested for 2 bed apartment near Tysons Corner or falls church ( near by area ) where I can access the Metro easily. Budget is $1500. I was thinking of herndon where my friends stays but It it too far ( 30 miles or more ) and it takes lot of time to travel ( walk + bus + 2 trains + walk to reach office) .

I am specifically looking for Indian community apartments for my wife and kid.

Could you please let me know if any indian community apartments near falls church, dunn loring, tysons corner with lot of kids. I have 2.5 years old daughter and main reason for this.

Waiting for your guidance.

Thanks,
Dhaval

Last edited by dhaval34; 12-01-2014 at 02:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 03:13 PM

9,873 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval34 View Post
Hi All,

I am working in Washington DC and I am interested for 2 bed apartment near Tysons Corner or falls church ( near by area ) where I can access the Metro easily. Budget is $1500. I was thinking of herndon where my friends stays but It it too far ( 30 miles or more ) and it takes lot of time to travel ( walk + bus + 2 trains + walk to reach office) .

I am specifically looking for Indian community apartments for my wife and kid.

Could you please let me know if any indian community apartments near falls church, dunn loring, tysons corner with lot of kids. I have 2.5 years old daughter and main reason for this.

Thanks,
Dhaval
2 bedrooms and close to Metro is more than $1500.

Old 12-01-2014, 03:15 PM

Thanks. I am flexible if I get the right community I am looking for.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:13 AM

103 posts, read 183,483 times
Try near Merrifield I have heard there are apartments which has good amount of Indian community resident.

Herndon is def. a go to area with a huge Indian community. With Northern Virginia area most of us are use to long commute. From Herndon you can take a bus or Metro from Whiele. Do keep in mind the cost to use public transportation is higher compared to riding from Tyson's corner area.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-03-2014, 06:46 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,358,377 times
Your budget is a little tight, but I will second the recommendation for Merrifield. Look up the apartments off of Lee Hwy and Hyson Lane. I dont remember what they are called and the community is a little dated but I recall seeing a lot of Indian families when I used to visit a friend there a few years back. They are also next to a dingy strip mall which houses an excellent Burmese restaurant, Myanmar.

Another option for you is Fairfax - the Fair Lakes/Fair Oaks area. Lots of Indians in the apartment communities and townhomes there, although the rental budget could still be somewhat restrictive.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:42 PM

Thanks for the information.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:07 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,889,151 times
This condo behind Inova Fairfax hospital is almost completely Indian. Sundays bustle with family and friends visiting each others apartments for food and family. Most of the condos are rentals and there is a link on availability on the website;
Woodburn Village, Annandale, VA [url=http://www.woodburnvillage.net/]Woodburn Village, Annandale, VA[/url]

The Townhomes at Hyson Lane/Lee Hwy have some Indians/Pakistanis but its a jumble with no majority culture/race and has more Latinos and Viets.

Also, there is an India Learning study school for children that meets Sundays at Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia. Includes language, dancing, foods, and keyboard/piano lessons. [url=http://www.jccnv.org/]Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia[/url]

Welcome! Your wife will make friends here quickly.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 6,442 times
Hi All,

I am moving to Vienna VA for my new Project and I am interested for 2 bed 1.5 bath apartment near Tyson's Corner or falls church where Budget is $1500. I was thinking of Chantilly, Herndon where Indian Pupil stays but it is too far and rent also not much cheap compare to these nearby Areas like Tyson's,Falls church,Vienna,McLean..etc

I am specifically looking for Indian community apartments for my wife and 2 kids.

Could you please let me know if any Indian community apartments near falls church, Dunn louring, Tyson corner with lot of kids.

Thanks,
Viswa

Old 03-01-2016, 11:24 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,358,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwagopal View Post
Hi All,

I am moving to Vienna VA for my new Project and I am interested for 2 bed 1.5 bath apartment near Tyson's Corner or falls church where Budget is $1500. I was thinking of Chantilly, Herndon where Indian Pupil stays but it is too far and rent also not much cheap compare to these nearby Areas like Tyson's,Falls church,Vienna,McLean..etc

I am specifically looking for Indian community apartments for my wife and 2 kids.

Could you please let me know if any Indian community apartments near falls church, Dunn louring, Tyson corner with lot of kids.

Thanks,
Viswa

You will need to up your rental budget by atleast $200-500 to get what youre looking for in a decent apartment community.

Look at apartments in Fairfax - Fair Oaks and Fair Lakes areas . Most apartment buildings will have a large Indian presence.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:10 PM

529 posts, read 750,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwagopal View Post
Hi All,

Thanks,
Viswa
Look at "eaves tysons corner" at Tyssons. It has a big Indian community.

Apartments around this area would have lot of Indians.

But you may want to increase your budget. As the spring/summer is coming, rental market will go to the peak, so does the rent.

if you were looking for apartment 2-3 months ago, same apartment would have costed 200-300 cheaper, sometimes even more than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia