Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 04:51 AM

76 posts, read 87,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroiaSD View Post
Just found a really good chocolate shop that just opened in Old Town- it's on King Street, just past Payne street (same block as Pacers shoes and Rock It Grill).

Loooove their fudge, give it a try
Oh yea, and they're called FazBros Chocolate & Fudge, if you were wondering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 09:32 AM

857 posts, read 843,957 times
Default ME Flow

We have used ME Flow (Alexandria) several times so far and the appointments were easy to set up and very prompt, especially when the AC was out, the technicians were very knowledgeable and never had to leave and return for the lack of parts or for any other reason. The prices, based on my previous experiences were very reasonable.

I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an HVAC contractor.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:13 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,379,406 times
Oklahoma Joe's Barbecue near the Dunn Loring metro station. Reallly really good barbecue and delicious sides. Just tried it yesterday after hearing some great recommendations.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:15 PM

406 posts, read 625,176 times
Lightbulb Best Mechanic Shop in Alexandria Virginia

I bought a used 2007 Toyota Camry in 2014. Not realizing it at the time, the air conditioning system was not functioning properly. I bought the car to multiple mechanics in the area explaining my problem. Each shop would take my car, charge me a couple hundred bucks and return my car in the same condition.

Fast forward to 2017, Craftsman Auto Care moves to my neighborhood in Kingstowne. By this time, I'm no longer concerned by the problem because I only have to deal with it 3 or 4 months out of the year. While checking out during a routine oil change I was handed a summary of suggested work to be performed on my car. The A/C was on the list. I bought my car in the next week to see if they would be able to fix it. They did. After 3 years of slightly cool air blowing out of my A/C I now have a cool car in the summertime.

I can't recommend the crew at Craftsman Auto Care enough for the great work they've done. It's safe to say that my family is no longer looking for a mechanic. We have one for life.

Craftsman Auto Care
Moderator cut: see beliw

This is the best auto mechanic shop in Alexandria Virginia. Friendly staff and excellent customer service.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 12-09-2018 at 06:17 AM.. Reason: Crosses the line into advertising - a link or phone number is okay, but this was too much

Old 07-04-2017, 05:51 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
Thanks for the recommendation! I've been concerned about where to take my car if I need something done since my buddy Bob sold his Shell station and moved

Old 07-07-2017, 08:59 AM

Exclamation Free Oil Change for 1st time customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Thanks for the recommendation! I've been concerned about where to take my car if I need something done since my buddy Bob sold his Shell station and moved
Your welcome!

Sorry to hear about your buddy Bob. It can be challenging to find a mechanic you trust.

I believe I received an email last week for a free oil change for new clients. I'll check to see if I still have it.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:05 AM

Thanks!

Old 02-10-2018, 05:31 PM

Updating this thread after the dreadful experience w/the dealership yesterday (they were replacing the passenger side airbag from a recall and it took twice as long as I was told - more to the story but.... ) - any updates to this? The dealership (of course) came up w/lots of recommendations which the service guy addressed but I get home and the one thing that is marked as critical was not addressed at all (fluid levels on various things) - really was pushed to have all this other work performed, they'd give coupons, etc. (of course that didn't happen as I never got a bottom line price for anything). I'm thinking of going to see the other station my buddy recommended to get their opinion but looking for other options as well. TIA.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Updating this thread after the dreadful experience w/the dealership yesterday (they were replacing the passenger side airbag from a recall and it took twice as long as I was told - more to the story but.... ) - any updates to this? The dealership (of course) came up w/lots of recommendations which the service guy addressed but I get home and the one thing that is marked as critical was not addressed at all (fluid levels on various things) - really was pushed to have all this other work performed, they'd give coupons, etc. (of course that didn't happen as I never got a bottom line price for anything). I'm thinking of going to see the other station my buddy recommended to get their opinion but looking for other options as well. TIA.
Any update on this process?

Which shop did you choose?

Old 03-16-2018, 08:09 AM

Thanks for asking. I did take my "list" to the other recommended Shell, he looked at the list and said nothing is critical, just make an appt. for them to look it over when I need my next oil changed. Even IF I would possibly need everything they say, it would be half of what the dealership wants. (big surprise there....... NOT)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia