Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 05:50 PM

404 posts, read 1,094,991 times

Advertisements

I love how the female responders are completely willing to throw the book at this guy. Despite a jury of his peers finding him innocent, the women on the forum are basically saying that he HAD to have been doing something "creepy" or "weird". Males have to tiptoe in our society because people freak out so much about normal human behavior.

The poster who questioned the reaction based off of the sex of the alleged is right on point. This has been illustrated numerous times in predatory teacher sex cases. A female teacher is almost praised as a hero when she sleeps with a student, a male's life is usually destroyed before they even go to court.

A sad, sad state of affairs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 07:50 PM

461 posts, read 909,895 times
Check this out. It was dark outside, so he had no idea that the woman was trespassing across his lawn. The 83 feet must come in because he could be viewed inside his house through the carport door when she was farther away along a path. When she was closer, he had moved because he was making coffee. The naked truth? Woman's account exposes different story - wtop.com

Almost anyone could be seen naked through a window if someone came from unexpected directions, at night, etc. This is such an injustice.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesco White View Post
I love how the female responders are completely willing to throw the book at this guy. Despite a jury of his peers finding him innocent, the women on the forum are basically saying that he HAD to have been doing something "creepy" or "weird". Males have to tiptoe in our society because people freak out so much about normal human behavior.

The poster who questioned the reaction based off of the sex of the alleged is right on point. This has been illustrated numerous times in predatory teacher sex cases. A female teacher is almost praised as a hero when she sleeps with a student, a male's life is usually destroyed before they even go to court.

A sad, sad state of affairs.
What always surprises me is that some women are (as mentioned) are always worried about some creepy guy and who are often the same ones who are afraid of guns. Somehow, cops are excluded from this concern. What's creepy is to have some crazy woman cut through your yard in the dark, flip you off with a phallic symbol at your phallus, throw a jacket over their son's head (all in the dark), and go feral to the police. What's creepy is cops doing everything in their power to deny you your Constitutional rights, roust you out of bed at gunpoint, and destroy your life.

The most creepy thing of all is the fact that this story only made the news because of the violation regarding what the man could do in his own house. The entering without a warrant (Crime Scene - Police entered Naked Guy's house with no warrant, guns drawn posted earlier) is apparently non-news in Fairfax County. This is what bothers me the most.

Women should be concerned because a neighbor might call the police when they don't like how you raise your child or for any number of reasons. When a creepy guy isn't involved, do you still want someone coming into your house and systematically denying your rights, dismantling your life, and maybe taking away your child?

Old 04-08-2010, 08:49 PM

Great judge that convicted him in the first trial. Being naked in your own house is about the same as robbing banks and killing people.

"O'Flaherty said Williamson was 'intentionally naked, but is he intentionally exposing himself? I'm certain John Dillinger thought he was doing nothing wrong when he walked into banks and shot them up.'"

Crime Scene - Naked Guy convicted -- but he is appealing

Old 04-09-2010, 11:12 AM

Something else that I found out was the fact that the Fairfax County police canvassed the neighborhood for more witnesses against the Naked Guy. None were found. They were also thinking about putting him in a police lineup until they tricked him into having his picture taken. Is this really a good use of police resources?

Old 04-09-2010, 11:13 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
I saw a news piece about this guy on the L.A. news this morning. What a waste of tax payers money. I often wonder about public servents & employees.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:24 PM

So the colorful antics of Fairfax's finest is known far and wide. If you're still on the thread, what did they talk about?

Old 04-09-2010, 01:34 PM

486 posts, read 1,665,982 times
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about all of this and really criticize the process of how all of this played out, however, in the end it's just a body. It's just a naked body and I don't think we need to make such a huge deal over it. Even if a seven year old sees it. It wasn't as if the guy was running around naked in a trench coat flashing kids or adults.

It may be my years spent in Europe, but it's just a guy standing nude at home and we are making more of this than it needs to be in my opinion.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liloulou View Post
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about all of this and really criticize the process of how all of this played out, however, in the end it's just a body. It's just a naked body and I don't think we need to make such a huge deal over it. Even if a seven year old sees it. It wasn't as if the guy was running around naked in a trench coat flashing kids or adults.

It may be my years spent in Europe, but it's just a guy standing nude at home and we are making more of this than it needs to be in my opinion.
That's less of an issue for me than the numerous abuses of power, but it is one. Virginia moderately tolerates breast feeding, but in many states, you can get arrested for it. A Virginia delegate was arrested a few years ago for "indecent exposure" when all he was doing was urinating at a park because he had to go. It ruined his career.

When a government starts outlawing functions that are basic to human life, it's telling you that something is wrong. Human body bad; unwarranted intruders good: Fairfax County Judge O'Flaherty.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:11 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,890,782 times
Quote:
The police, magistrate, prosecutor, and judge are supposed to act as a check and balance. In many jurisdictions, police can be overly aggressive, but when the case reaches the "grownups" such as prosecutor or judge, the charges can be dropped, or an innocent verdict can be found. The problem is that they are part of the same system, need each others cooperation, and it is to their benefit to scratch each others backs. Many times, once you are charged, you are essentially convicted.
No. Just no. That's not how our system works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia