Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which OKC TV channel do you get your local news/weather?
KFOR 4 - (NBC) 4 25.00%
KOCO 5 - (ABC) 2 12.50%
KWTV 9 - (CBS) 10 62.50%
KOKH 25 - (FOX) 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 09:31 AM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay7 View Post
I got a kick out of your post. Who ever asked for his "two cents"?... which is exactly all they are worth. He never has anything intelligent or important to say. I don't care much for the news on Channel 9 at all. Yes, England is a great meteorologist. I generally watch Channel 4 the most, and I have watched 5 a lot in the past. It is no compliment for Channel 9 to be hooked up with a substandard newspaper like the "Daily Oklahoman" either.
Hey, GreenDay, what did you like about 5? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 06:19 PM

9 posts, read 34,610 times
Thumbs up Koco 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Hey, GreenDay, what did you like about 5? Just curious.
Hey Case44,
Terri Watkins for one. I always admired her great work. She is without a doubt the best investigative reporter in OKC history. I also enjoyed their line of anchors in the late 90s....Jennifer Eve, David Alan, and Tracy West come to mind. They are all gone now. I don't live in the OKC TV market anymore, but I checked the KOCO website the other day. It seems that Rick Mitchell is about the only one left there that I knew. Watkins recently also left. Does anyone know why? I missed that. KOCO 5 also visited Enid a great deal while I was growing up there. I got to meet a lot of their personalities from the late 90s. When I do go back home, I usually watch 4 now, because their anchors have changed very little. I like Linda C.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:19 PM

491 posts, read 1,476,218 times
Robin Marsh drives me nuts. She must be smart and she seems nice but she is so ditzy!

Gary England feels like an uncle-he's been there protecting me all my life! And, I can't get over Val Castor. Val gets excited sometimes and cusses and Gary has to shut him down. I love it.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:05 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
You still have time to vote on our poll, guys. If you haven't voted yet, now is the time! At this writing, 9 still has a commanding lead. You'll want to get your votes in with your favorite.

Does anyone here have a favorite station for investigative or problem-solving reporting?

Old 07-04-2010, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,500 times
This is a tad late in comming but yes Jack Ogle was thier Father and did the color for the sooners back then as well.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:21 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,630 times
I prefer Rick Mitchell on channel 5. (Channel 8 on Cox )

Old 07-19-2010, 11:25 PM

279 posts, read 1,014,286 times
All of our news channels keep us informed.. but I prefer News channel 9!! Shout out to Gary England! lol

Old 07-20-2010, 07:58 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,764,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Also, another observation. I can't get over seeing all of the Ogle brothers (Kelly at 9, and Kevin and Kent at 4). Can we rename this place Oglehoma City??

In all seriousness, they're all good guys and are establishing a great family tradition in local news. Wasn't Jack Ogle (late of Channel 5) their father?
All the Ogles confuse me sometimes. They all look alike to me. And their names are so similar, Kent, Kevin, Kelly. DH is a constant channel flipper, so half the time I don't know what channel I'm watching. We had lived here a couple of months and DH commented "that Ogle guy must work all the time". I agreed, "he must work every time they turn on a camera". Then one night DH was watching the news and channel surfing. Then we suddenly realized "he" was on two channels at once. How'd he do that? It took us about three months or so to figure out there was actually 3 of them on two different stations. I think they just need to get their own Ogle Channel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City