Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2013, 06:49 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the12ronin View Post
ATLguy, I give you a lot of credit for sticking to your guns and speaking your mind. But especially so because you do it in a respectful manner.

I don't see anything disrespectful or dissentful in the above post. Informative firsthand account actually. He's just stating what he has observed and a statistic along with it.

Now I myself, when I passed through OKC, met a couple of extremely pretty gals, but who knows if that was a fluke or what.

Then again, I'm not an highly sensitive and defensive local either. Now if someone were to start throwin' around Jersey stereotypes at me, then Mister, them's fightin' words! Heh.
Thanks. It isn't easy when people are attacking you to not stoop to their level. But I'm stating my observations, so I don't care what they say, since its my experience. Glad you recognize the restraint on my part.

I'm not saying there aren't pretty women here. I'm saying that I don't know where to find what I'm looking for (single women 30-40, preferably with no kids and attractive). I'm saying that in the handful of places I frequent regularly, there's a disproportionate amount of what I would say are unattractive (just due to my preferences) women and/or overweight women. Lastly, there may be attractive women, but they're either not out or they're single mothers, as there's a lot of them. Mind you, this only includes the areas I've been which are mostly north of downtown, but south of Edmond. The attractive women downtown in Bricktown tend to be in their early 20's, so too young.

As for the introvert thing, I just deal with that, and it wouldn't matter where I was, it would be a challenge. I just thought my experience here would be a little easier than it has turned out to be. OK, maybe I thought it would be much easier. Its tough since I lived in Atlanta 16 years before moving here. Its a big adjustment, and I guess I haven't adjusted. For me, the jury is still out on whether OKC can work for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 06:49 PM

498 posts, read 1,606,514 times
Atlguy39, on what side of the metro do you live? Because I can tell you the scenery in Edmond and NW OKC is very nice. The women are fit as well. I still say you fell into the wrong circle.

Here is a scenario for you. If someone from the coast were to spend some time in a poor, rural town in Oklahoma and no place else, they will not want to come back, most likely.

However, if that same person spent some time in Nichols Hills, downtown, Edmond and no place else, their own stereotype of Oklahoma is squashed. Happens every time. I can honesty say there are some parts of Oklahoma where the women are average or below.

Same can be said for Texas. Where I am the hotties are sparse, but other parts of Houston hold great assets.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
Atlguy39, on what side of the metro do you live? Because I can tell you the scenery in Edmond and NW OKC is very nice. The women are fit as well. I still say you fell into the wrong circle.

Here is a scenario for you. If someone from the coast were to spend some time in a poor, rural town in Oklahoma and no place else, they will not want to come back, most likely.

However, if that same person spent some time in Nichols Hills, downtown, Edmond and no place else, their own stereotype of Oklahoma is squashed.
I work in Nichols Hills, so I do spend time there. Is Penn Square Mall area considered Nichols Hills? I live there and its a nice area, but nothing spectacular. I love Lake Hefner area, but again, when I've been there, it hasn't been great from a people scenery standpoint. The sunset on the lake is beautiful though. Maybe I need to venture to Edmond, but hang out where?

Old 06-20-2013, 06:58 PM

249 posts, read 443,742 times
The stereotypes for Edmond I've heard are that it's very class-based and superior/snooty. Interested to know if they're more down-to-earth than I've heard whispered(which I take with a grain of salt).

I'm sure if there is more money in Edmond, the women are going to be fitter and more primped as I can easily say as a personal trainer, that the trend is huge when you jump economic class to class and how that impacts the level of effort a person puts into their looks.

ATLguy, I think it's gonna end up workin' out for you just fine out there. Call it a hunch.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the12ronin View Post
The stereotypes for Edmond I've heard are that it's very class-based and superior/snooty. Interested to know if they're more down-to-earth than I've heard whispered(which I take with a grain of salt).

I'm sure if there is more money in Edmond, the women are going to be fitter and more primped as I can easily say as a personal trainer, that the trend is huge when you jump economic class to class and how that impacts the level of effort a person puts into their looks.

ATLguy, I think it's gonna end up workin' out for you just fine out there. Call it a hunch.
If thats the case about snootiness there, then I won't be hanging out there. I'm not about materialism at all. I have a professional job and dress nice, but no fancy car. I dealt with enough of that crap to last a lifetime when I lived in Atlanta.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm sure as heck trying. Dallas may be calling me in a year or so though if things don't change. Of course, then we're back to materialism. Ugh!

Old 06-20-2013, 07:16 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I work in Nichols Hills, so I do spend time there. Is Penn Square Mall area considered Nichols Hills? I live there and its a nice area, but nothing spectacular. I love Lake Hefner area, but again, when I've been there, it hasn't been great from a people scenery standpoint. The sunset on the lake is beautiful though. Maybe I need to venture to Edmond, but hang out where?
Penn Square Mall is not Nichols Hills. It is just south of there.

You must have hit Lake Hefner on the wrong day. Every time I've been there there are always a ton of attractive women out and about. A lot of ugly ones too, but its a public park in NW OKC so what can you say.

Edmond is your typical white-bread suburbia. There is a lot of money in Edmond and some extravagant neighborhoods but it isn't all that way. I personally like Edmond because its the only place around here outside of the inner core that has the type of attitude I am used to in larger urban areas. There is a coffee shop there that is basically all the rage called 'All About Cha.' It's on Broadway and 33rd I think. Maybe you could start there since you mentioned before you are into coffee shops.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:28 PM

533 posts, read 1,711,306 times
This is old and probably not very original but was kind of funny
http://www.city-data.com/forum/561663-post6.html

Old 06-20-2013, 09:27 PM

498 posts, read 1,606,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Edmond is your typical white-bread suburbia. There is a lot of money in Edmond and some extravagant neighborhoods but it isn't all that way. I personally like Edmond because its the only place around here outside of the inner core that has the type of attitude I am used to in larger urban areas. There is a coffee shop there that is basically all the rage called 'All About Cha.' It's on Broadway and 33rd I think. Maybe you could start there since you mentioned before you are into coffee shops.
Hey now, I was born and raised in Edmond . I really believe Edmond made me who I am today. Many of the kids in my school were from Michigan, California and parts of New England. My grandfather spent 20 years in the military and settled in Edmond in 1975 after being stationed in Oregon, Washington, Germany, Kansas and Texas. Thus, my mom, aunts and uncle were military brats. Edmond fostered a very intellectual environment and despite whether people from out of state liked Oklahoma or not, they found themselves in Edmond.

Still today, the community is a haven for out of state residents and each year I visit, Edmond seems to always raise the bar and maintain a standard and quality of life that exceeds most communities in Oklahoma, even in the early 1980s when I was a young child. I look forward to calling Edmond home again.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:06 PM

770 posts, read 1,798,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post

However, if that same person spent some time in Nichols Hills, downtown, Edmond and no place else, their own stereotype of Oklahoma is squashed. Happens every time. I can honesty say there are some parts of Oklahoma where the women are average or below.

Same can be said for Texas. Where I am the hotties are sparse, but other parts of Houston hold great assets.

Nah, If you are looking for hotties, Edmond is the LAST place that I would look for them and I am a 27 year old college student.

If I were to look for hotties my age and younger in the OKC area, I would have to pick anywhere from downtown OKC to Norman. I went to Carthage High School in MO. with a girl who just recently moved to Edmond with her fiance, (her name being Kate Crandall) and she told me that Edmond is nothing more than another typical american suburb.

As for women in Houston, there is NO place in Texas or this part of the country that comes close to the amount of attractive and intelligent single women that are on the market.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Penn Square Mall is not Nichols Hills. It is just south of there.

You must have hit Lake Hefner on the wrong day. Every time I've been there there are always a ton of attractive women out and about. A lot of ugly ones too, but its a public park in NW OKC so what can you say.

I'm going to check out that coffee shop. I was going to go for breakfast this morning, but they don't really have breakfast. Just a waffle with ice cream. I wasn't in the mood. I really need to force myself to go to these kind of places. I hate doing everything alone, but "it is what it is", as we say in the South. I'm really trying to meet people. I think once football season starts, it will be easier because I just go to bars to watch my game, not to meet people, and then end up meeting people. But unless I have a specific purpose other than meeting people, it doesn't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City