Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 09:51 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,953 times

Advertisements

Beautiful pictures, HT! Wish I could rep you.

Where approximately is that hawk nest? I would like to go by and look at that. I would love to see some pictures inside the old 1st National Bank lobby, and the old Liberty (city place) and the Federal Reserve building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2007, 10:37 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,943 times
Thanks Jammie and Peggy. I want to take some more today if it stops raining...

Peggy, the hawks frequent the parks in Nichols Hills because of all the squirrels and there are many nests for bird watchers (so many trees)!! They are a small form of hawk called a Kite hawk (a med sized hawk). What you see is a sign giving info and a bag dispenser for doggie poop. You can find these along some of the walking trails in Grand Parks along with a doggie water fountain! My mother has a little dog who has been a victim of some hawk dives because he is so tiny! Poor lil' guy. Fortunately he has always escaped unscathed.

Hopefully I can still get into the First National to the bank lobby. I believe it has been shut down for renovations by the new owners. Although it doesnt need it. The lobby still gets a lot of attention and the last time I peeked in it was roped off. That banking hall is incredible with all of the marble and rod iron teller booths. Its so big they would need a permanent guard in case of mischief because it is not used anymore(but it could be soon). I am really familiar with it because my Great Grandmother would make her small deposits ect. there when I was a child.

Last edited by happytown; 12-22-2007 at 10:46 AM..

Old 12-23-2007, 01:59 AM

65 posts, read 356,043 times
Ah Oklahoma City. How I miss OKC. Lived there for three years from 2000 - 2003 and loved every minute of it. I used to live in Nichols Hills on NW 63rd St near Pennsylvania. I used to love driving through Nichols Hills and looking at those homes. That one home (White one, On a corner) you should see during Christmas time. Unbelievable. They do a fantastic job of decorating. Loved the people. Loved the red dirt. Loved everything about it. Moving to Houston area in 2 weeks. I plan on taking a trip up there for a long weekend soon.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:03 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,787,690 times
Wonderful pictures, HT. I can't wait to see it all for myself. I thought NJ had some gorgeous mansion-style homes! Wow. Those houses were something else. Always makes me wonder, though, why someone feels they need a house that size?

Old 12-23-2007, 10:37 AM

I used to go in the First National frequently when I worked DT in 1968-1971?. I always loved the lobby.

This article was written in 1957, but it tells a good story of Nichols Hills. I loved the poem about the park captain.

City of Nichols Hills - History of Nichols Hills Homepage

Old 12-24-2007, 10:54 AM

I know Peggy...I have read the story before. It is really well written and has almost a fairy tale quality to it. NH is a special place. When I first read it I realized why OKC G & CClub was not named NHills G & CClub! Neat history..

Bad day yesterday for OKC pics (light) along with a crappy camera. I was rather limited but here are some more..

Old 12-24-2007, 11:07 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,787,690 times
Beautiful pictures. I really enjoyed them!

Old 12-24-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Beautiful pictures. I really enjoyed them!
Thanks coleen; Many more to come. I want to grab pics of the winter activities like the ice rink in front of the Civic Center. I need a better camera so I can capture entire structures in Dtown OKC! I had to lay on the ground for many of them but it still couldnt get the building from top to bottom. If I had a pro camera then I could do that and zoom into the detail. Also, Dtown OKC is very compact making it more difficult!

Old 12-24-2007, 09:21 PM

Great pics, HT. I hope you get a new camera for Christmas. I really like looking at the familiar places so nicely photographed.

Old 12-25-2007, 06:44 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
Actually, I like the light in those photos and you did a great job HT! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City