Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:44 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,953 times

Advertisements

Pretty much in that area. It was all torn out when I-44 went through, or before. The Patio was right on the circle. There is an about 6 or 8 story office building there that used to be called the Circle Building but it has another name now. I would guess that the circle was right where the stoplights are now to turn onto NW highway from Classen. Everything looks different now.

No, nothing could be as stupid as the onside kick call. I do feel a little ancient now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 10:11 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,943 times
Default Braums ice rink and Civic Center

Braums ice rink and Civic Center...

Old 01-03-2008, 10:17 AM

Peggy, I know eactly where you are talking about now. Good grief I drive by there all the time. I think I remember what Classen Circle looked like...But who knows! All I want is for OU to win a BCS bowl...Lost 4 straight now. We are becoming a joke.

GL2- You made me hungry after all the bake sales talk...Im off to eat now!!

Last edited by happytown; 01-03-2008 at 10:29 AM..

Old 01-03-2008, 01:36 PM

I like your shot of Leadership Square. Those people ice skating look like they are having fun.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:59 PM

Thanks Peggy. Its hard to capture Leadership Square. I dont think many even know it has two towers. It was originally designed to be a 60 story structure...

"In stark contrast to the promise from Urban Renewal, Downtown had not seen a new skyscraper or any sort of major construction project for many years. The last major skyscraper built downtown was the First Oklahoma Tower in 1982 and the Leadership Square complex built in 1984. Leadership Square was originally intended to be a single 60+ floor signature skyscraper but was later scaled down to two 'twin-towers' due to the economic downturn. No one knew whether downtown would turn around and it was used only for office space for quite some time, with the suburban developments left with the life and energy downtown once commanded."
Neighborhoods of Oklahoma City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had about 5 minutes of fun on the ice....Those skates really start to hurt after 10 mins or so.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:05 PM

Wear thicker socks next time or wear two pairs, and get your skates a little bigger.

I like to see downtown full of life now.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:58 PM

8,036 posts, read 10,628,159 times
Thanks so much for all the gorgeous, interesting photos from everyone who takes them and spends time posting them on this forum! They are truly enjoyable and appreciated. For those of us who haven't been there yet to visit, your pictures help us get a "real" feel for the area better than any glossy brochure could. There seems to be such a rich variety of homes and building architecture to be seen in Oklahoma, which I love. And pictures of the outdoors and wildlife are wonderful as well. I enjoy simple things, and don't need big fancy amenities to be happy. I feel that I could spend all my spare time there just taking day trips and never need to leave the state to find something interesting to see and do.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:12 AM

There is a great variety here in OK. Something for everyone and every taste. Now that you mention it, there are so many day trip possibilities in OK that it is really hard to go to them all even in a decade. I have a long list of places I want to see again.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:07 PM

My next pics will probably be NH Plaza and Western Ave since NH Plaza will no longer exist (sigh) and will turn into McClendonville. I am sure the "new" plaza will be way better but it kills off two institutions...Crescent Market and NH Drug (Oldest grocery store in the state and one of the only Drug/soda fountains in Oklahoma).

Old 01-05-2008, 09:42 PM

41 posts, read 180,337 times
Happytown... Do u have a skyscrapercity account??? Theres a pretty big thread going for OKC. And its in dire need of pics.

But anyways!!! Can't wait to see more of ur downtown pics. Very good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City