Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 12:03 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,943 times

Advertisements

No new camera, but I might take some pics in the snow today!
Thanks Synopsis...This will be a collection so no worries about the compliments unless someone is interested in a particular image ect.

Merry Christmas to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Capitol/OHSC/Lincoln Terrace

Pics of Lincoln Terrace/OHSC/Capitol

Old 12-31-2007, 06:21 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,787,690 times
Great pictures, HT

Old 12-31-2007, 08:32 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,953 times
Thanks for posting those great pictures, Happy. I recognize many of the buildings and houses, and it is a treat to see them so nicely photographed. I never have time to tour around that area anymore.

What is that round building? I have never seen that before. And what church is that? Where are you in the very last picture?

Old 12-31-2007, 08:41 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,862,231 times
In 1969 I lived in a duplex within sight of the Nichols Hills water tower. I remember how hot the "Cold" water was in the summer months. There was no such thing as a cold shower from June until October.
I loved OKC although I only lived there for one year. I visit it quite often.

GL2

Old 12-31-2007, 10:02 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,434,568 times
Nice pics, HT. I wondered where you've been and here you were just out taking pics for us.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:07 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
I'm going to change his moniker to "Official CD Photographer."

Great pictures HT. I love the historic neighborhoods; those homes are spectacular. And I'm SO glad Oklahoma finally put a dome on the Capital building!

Old 12-31-2007, 11:18 AM

Thanks everybody for the compliments. I am trying to use photography as an art form so taking pics of OKC is really just practice but I also really enjoy capturing my hometown.

Peggy, the round building is the rotunda behind the Oklahoma Historical Society building. It is being renovated for something I have no clue about. The church! You have never seen that! It is beautiful and I dont know the name but it is almost a part of the OHSC campus and another pretty one is N of it. The church is less than a block North of OHSC near the new construction and is just SE from Lincoln Terrace. You can see it in the last pic which is a neat little shopping/eating area just South/SE of Lincoln Terrace (caters to Lincoln Terrace). I will try to take more pics of the old apartments/condos that are going under an extreme make over that are S along the same street. The area is going under a huge "renaissance" and has grit then beauty but you can actually SEE the grit being dissolved...Lots of money to be made on real estate.
I have always told posters to check it out for investment because Lincoln Terrace is along Lincoln next to the Capital building/OHSC and behind the Governors mansion. The area represents Oklahoma and for the last few years has rapidly been taken back from the "hood".

Jammie, I have been really busy. I hope you are feeling better.

Gunluvver, NHills has very old deep water wells and the tower is a back up. I know what you are saying about the water in OKC/Oklahoma. During Winter I love the water because it finally gets ice cold!! Them NHillians dont have to go through the flux in temp...The City of NH has expensive water since it is separate from OKC and doesnt come from Lake Hefner.

Synopsis, I might change my moniker name again!! It would seem appropriate now.
It was about time that dome was put on the Capital building. Everyone griped about the expense now most enjoy it. It was part of the plan until Oklahoma hit the Dust Bowl and it was too expensive to make. The design comes from the same plans of old and flows perfectly with the original structure. Its amazing what people can do these days. I actually touched the statue on the top before it was placed on the dome...Good grief I truly am an Okie and def a Oklahoma Citian!!

Old 12-31-2007, 11:58 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
What's great about the dome is that it has that statue of a Native American on top. At least I think it does. It's a great tribute to the Native American.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Oklahoma City University

Oklahoma City University

Gold Star building/law library/22 stories tall!

Notice the tiny door at the top...People used the building for great views until someone got up there in the 70s and tried to shoot students. Fortunately the building is so tall he couldnt hit any targets. Crazy guy jumped off or was hit by a swat team. At least that is what my mom told me. She also graduated from OCU.

This church is expected to be sucked up by OCU soon and kept as a church. The whole area around the campus is being bought for growth. The school has seen a lot of growth and I just wanted to show a few pics and now I wish I had taken more (I will later). It is expected to become a Div.1 school again like it was during its entire history until 1983(oil bust). Go Stars!!

The Wanda Bass Music building is considered one of the best in the country. The only all Steinway school. OCU is also an all Mac school, students recieve a mac laptop when they enter. Wireless internet school which actually works all around campus unlike OU...

Next pics will be Little Saigon which is next to OCU. Braums ice rink/Civic Center Music Hall/OKC National Memorial(just 2 at night).

Last edited by happytown; 12-31-2007 at 01:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City