Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 07:27 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,378 times

Advertisements

Sunrail Success
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 03:48 AM

3,951 posts, read 5,074,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Sunrail Success
#TrollPost

Old 07-30-2015, 05:21 AM

27,196 posts, read 43,886,661 times
Quote:
Sunrail Success
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
#TrollPost
What is her deal?

Old 07-30-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
You guys have inaccurate numbers, especially Kyle. SunRail ended the year with average daily ridership of 4,100 vs the goal of 4,300.

Had said critic done some research (ie: reading the link I posted) they would realize the 3,600 they're using to form an argument is wrong.

What this demonstrates is that people jump to conclusions and are willing to spout out inaccurate info to mislead.

This thread is about SunRail's success, and there is NO room in this thread for lies.
Definitely no room for lies. Its good to see Sunrail doing well though, curious what it will be like in about 10 years, what development will come around the 18 stations that exist by that time.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:24 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,413,542 times
I rode SunRail for the first time back in June, I was actually very impressed.

Old 08-01-2015, 05:51 AM

27,196 posts, read 43,886,661 times
Quote:
Definitely no room for lies. Its good to see Sunrail doing well though, curious what it will be like in about 10 years, what development will come around the 18 stations that exist by that time.
There isn't, unless one is oblivious and living in some fantasy world which seemingly applies to yourself and "head cheerleader", OrlFlUsa (who clearly works for the Chamber of Commerce). The numbers released by SunRail show the shortfall (3600) and the higher ridership numbers reflects non-revenue seats in the early months.

"After one year, SunRail has fallen shy of a federal goal of 4,300 daily passengers by about 15 percent.
Central Florida’s $1 billion commuter-rail line, linking DeBary to Orlando, attracted nearly 889,000 paid riders in its first year, SunRail numbers show. That averaged out to 3,672 riders per day, below the Federal Transit Administration’s goal of 4,300 a day."

Only the two of you (perhaps others) could interpret a 15% shortfall as an "epic success".

Old 08-01-2015, 07:58 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,431,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
There isn't, unless one is oblivious and living in some fantasy world which seemingly applies to yourself and "head cheerleader", OrlFlUsa (who clearly works for the Chamber of Commerce). The numbers released by SunRail show the shortfall (3600) and the higher ridership numbers reflects non-revenue seats in the early months.

"After one year, SunRail has fallen shy of a federal goal of 4,300 daily passengers by about 15 percent.
Central Florida’s $1 billion commuter-rail line, linking DeBary to Orlando, attracted nearly 889,000 paid riders in its first year, SunRail numbers show. That averaged out to 3,672 riders per day, below the Federal Transit Administration’s goal of 4,300 a day."

Only the two of you (perhaps others) could interpret a 15% shortfall as an "epic success".
The federal number of 4,300 riders per day is simply a general GOAL that the federal agency came up with fancy formulas based on other metro areas with existing transit systems. This does not take into account that this was the FIRST year of SunRail being in operation, it is unrealistic to open a system and immediately expect people to line up at the door, it will take YEARS to work out the kinks, go through the growing pains, and fully integrate the system. As I have stated before, SunRail is a FOUNDATION for the future of Orlando and its transportation infrastructure, it was not designed to be the sole miracle solution to all..

Old 08-01-2015, 08:28 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post
The federal number of 4,300 riders per day is simply a general GOAL that the federal agency came up with fancy formulas based on other metro areas with existing transit systems. This does not take into account that this was the FIRST year of SunRail being in operation, it is unrealistic to open a system and immediately expect people to line up at the door, it will take YEARS to work out the kinks, go through the growing pains, and fully integrate the system. As I have stated before, SunRail is a FOUNDATION for the future of Orlando and its transportation infrastructure, it was not designed to be the sole miracle solution to all..
Yes I totally agree and look forward to further progress of Sunrail expanding to the airport. He is very negative poster who doesn't like any progress Orlando tries to make but me on the other hand is excited as what is to come of this city. I hope to see light rail/streetcar in the future connecting all throughout Downtown.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I rode SunRail for the first time back in June, I was actually very impressed.
oh yea? Why is that? How do you compare it to other mass transit you have been on?

Old 08-02-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
Yes I totally agree and look forward to further progress of Sunrail expanding to the airport. He is very negative poster who doesn't like any progress Orlando tries to make but me on the other hand is excited as what is to come of this city. I hope to see light rail/streetcar in the future connecting all throughout Downtown.
Who is a negative poster?? Im no hater of the system, im actually more interested in Orlando and the Central Florida region because of it. I think some stations are under built and stations should have more amenities. If I come off as negative about Sunrail, im not, just want to see it do well for my future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando