Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 09:58 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,945,109 times

Advertisements

IMHO - Still has to be better than those enormus tract developments with block upon block of little homes on little lots. Pricey - Yes. Lack of diversity - Yes. Better places to live - Probably. But it is still pretty nice for Florida tract home living. JMHO Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 10:12 AM

217 posts, read 806,379 times
My friend, who lives in Celebration has said that there are a TON of people (Non residents) who don't like it. He says they're all just jealous, 'cause they can't afford to live there. I absolutely LOVE it! However, I do prefer the Floridian style homes to the neo-traditional homes of CB. But I still think it's a cool little town and visit it often.

What I'M wondering is, why there are nowhere NEAR as many nay-sayers about all the "parks" that have copied Celebration.......

Northlake Park
Baldwin Park
Avalon Park
Victoria Park
Harmony

Old 05-07-2007, 10:23 AM

54 posts, read 397,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
IMHO - Still has to be better than those enormus tract developments with block upon block of little homes on little lots. Pricey - Yes. Lack of diversity - Yes. Better places to live - Probably. But it is still pretty nice for Florida tract home living. JMHO Jay
i respect your opinion. like the post above me though i'm much more partial to traditional "florida" style houses.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo Du Kwan View Post
My friend, who lives in Celebration has said that there are a TON of people (Non residents) who don't like it. He says they're all just jealous, 'cause they can't afford to live there. I absolutely LOVE it! However, I do prefer the Floridian style homes to the neo-traditional homes of CB. But I still think it's a cool little town and visit it often.

What I'M wondering is, why there are nowhere NEAR as many nay-sayers about all the "parks" that have copied Celebration.......

Northlake Park
Baldwin Park
Avalon Park
Victoria Park
Harmony
personally, i'm not jealous by any means. it's definitely not somewhere i would ever want to live, even if i could afford it.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:37 PM

541 posts, read 1,995,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riptoman View Post
Celebration is a little cookie cutter town with overpriced property that all looks the same. If you want to live around all rich white republicans, I'd say this is the area. I'd rather fill my life with a little diversity i.e. other parts of central florida.
The town will have over 20,000 people at build out-far from little. The styles of homes/condos are very different. The people in Celebration are far from rich, white republicans. Most are middle class and struggle to make it here in Florida like most middle class people. Most are pretty liberal/artistic/creative and very civic minded. Check out all the clubs and community fundraising events.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthatmouse View Post
The town will have over 20,000 people at build out-far from little. The styles of homes/condos are very different. The people in Celebration are far from rich, white republicans. Most are middle class and struggle to make it here in Florida like most middle class people. Most are pretty liberal/artistic/creative and very civic minded. Check out all the clubs and community fundraising events.

We must have a different idea of what 'middle class' is

Old 05-10-2007, 09:29 PM

6 posts, read 35,167 times
I loved the pictures. I live in Omaha, NE and would like to relocate to Florida. I also work for the state so hopefully I can have a like job. I am not rich and have a 10yr. old and a 15yr. old and their utmost safety and schooling is my main concern. I live in a nice 4 bed/2 bath with a basement and garage in a nice part of the town and I only pay $795 a month which is the norm here for a nice home in a nice area. Would you please give me any helpful suggestions. What is hurricane season like? Does everyone leave? Look forward to any helpful suggestions.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickiesflores View Post
I loved the pictures. I live in Omaha, NE and would like to relocate to Florida. I also work for the state so hopefully I can have a like job. I am not rich and have a 10yr. old and a 15yr. old and their utmost safety and schooling is my main concern. I live in a nice 4 bed/2 bath with a basement and garage in a nice part of the town and I only pay $795 a month which is the norm here for a nice home in a nice area. Would you please give me any helpful suggestions. What is hurricane season like? Does everyone leave? Look forward to any helpful suggestions.
You will pay about $1,500-$2,500 a month to rent a home like that (4/3) in the nicer areas of Central Florida (Celebration, Independence, Windemere.) With what people are paying for insurance and taxes they can't afford to rent cheaper. No basements in Florida either. Maybe Clermont would be a bit less. I would never move to Florida with young kida unless I was homeschooling or maybe sending them to private school.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:43 PM

6 posts, read 35,167 times
Sounds pricey to me. I have been trying to check around the Orlando area. Is is possible to find nice town/place to live with rent under $1000.00? What about the hurrican season? If you are more inland are you safer or does everyone still leave Florida?

Old 05-12-2007, 07:09 PM

Inland is safer than on the coast but they are still raising insurance and dropping people here too. You could rent for less than $1000 but it will probably not be a house. Maybe a 2/2 in some areas. Check out rent.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando