Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the BIGGEST reason men purchase pick-up trucks?
For Work/Jobs 5 13.16%
To haul things 18 47.37%
To make themselves feel more "manly" 9 23.68%
Other 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 06:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,267,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Excuse me?
We all have trucks in my immediate family, and we're not bumpkins by any stretch of the imagination.
Kinda hard to drive a Lambo down a sugar sand driveway.
Suit yourself. I think they're butt ugly and generally impractical. I don't wanna be seen in one. I have a reputation to uphold.

That said, i already stated that for work they make sense. I use one at work.

But i'm not going to be seen riding around in one for daily use like a clown. I prefer to drive cars that are "drivers cars." Cars that inspire passion in a driver. Aint gonna get that in an F-250. Sorry.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:36 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,595,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
ROFL- don't mind him. It's just one of your fellow understanding and tollerant liberals mocking other people for doing something he doesn't like or agree with. Maybe he can tell us all about what he's pipmin' so we can scrutinize it.....
Exactly!!!

Gotta love those 'tolerant' liberals!

Gotta also love that they take the time to critique what other people drive. Just like what money other people make. How about they worry about themselves and mind their own business.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:37 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,525,574 times
Haul supplies.

Ditto on the plywood.... and the sheetrock..... and 12 to 14 foot lumber. Also helpful in house moves because it better accommodates big furniture.

It's also the reason many guys want a full-sized pick-up and not one of the neutered pick-ups with the mini bed. Might as well not even bother in that case.... just put the stuff in the family mini van, because the two are about equally as useless. You can haul stone, gravel, mulch, sand, or pallets of either sod or interlocking concrete paving blocks in mini-bed pick-up trucks, but for construction work they just suck.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:38 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,897,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Exactly!!!

Gotta love those 'tolerant' liberals!

Gotta also love that they take the time to critique what other people drive. Just like what money other people make. How about they worry about themselves and mind their own business.
Everything they don't like is their business....

Nanny statists are like that.

10,029 posts, read 8,359,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Sweetie, pay attention here, please.
I am not a liberal, ok?
Can you say that with me?
Nod if you understand.
Interesting....I wonder how offended you'd be and how quickly you'd be hitting the report button if someone called you "sweetie". I find it pretty funny myself, babycakes. Not a liberal, eh? Your left leaning feces that I've seen in other posts doesn't really support that....

11,011 posts, read 11,044,993 times
Hubby has had a truck since he got his driver's license many moons ago. He likes the way they look. Also, he needs it for work. But, more importantly to him, is that he can haul his boats with it. He has a 3/4 ton because he needs the fifth wheel for work reasons. His is a diesel and I will say that the life of a diesel truck far ourstrips any other gasoline vehicle. I think he's at around 300K miles on it now and it's still chugging along just fine.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:39 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,595,575 times
I am a women and drive an SUV with the engine size, and towing ability, of a large truck so that I can tow my horse to shows and clinics. Good enough for ya? Judge much what other's are doing and have?

13,714 posts, read 31,220,324 times
Pickups are very common in Texas. Lots of people, including women, like them. For some, it could be a feeling of sturdiness. Lots of boys grew up playing with Tonka trucks (I did) and like driving something strong and powerful. Not really that different from sports cars with lots of speed. I know people who DO use them to carry "stuff." I know people who are tall and like the room. And I know women who like them because they sit up high.

Why do people buy Harleys?

Who do people buy Jeeps to drive on pavement?

Why do so many women buy "cute" cars?

It is a matter of individual taste and there is nothing odd about it.

19,567 posts, read 21,897,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I prefer to drive cars that are "drivers cars." Cars that inspire passion in a driver. Aint gonna get that in an F-250. Sorry.
What DO you drive?

Old 11-29-2011, 06:40 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,056,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomThroughAnarchism View Post
Haul supplies.

Ditto on the plywood.... and the sheetrock..... and 12 to 14 foot lumber.

It's also the reason many guys want a full-sized pick-up and not one of the neutered pick-ups with the mini bed. Might as well not even bother in that case.... just put the stuff in the family mini van, because the two are about equally as useless. You can haul stone, gravel, mulch, sand, or pallets of either sod or interlocking concrete paving blocks in mini-bed pick-up trucks, but for construction work they just suck.
Kinda hard to stuff bales of hay, 50 pound sacks of feed, etc, in mini-bed trucks, not to mention antiques I find for clients.
I have a 1979 TR& convertible, but its not driven on a daily basis, kinda hard to stuff a bale of hay in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics