Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the BIGGEST reason men purchase pick-up trucks?
For Work/Jobs 5 13.16%
To haul things 18 47.37%
To make themselves feel more "manly" 9 23.68%
Other 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 06:41 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Rofl, we've had dump trucks get stuck in the driveway....can you imagine a Prius?
I got my truck stuck on our driveway....well actually it was in the mud off the driveway.

We have clay...lots and lots of red clay.

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Everything they don't like is their business....

Nanny statists are like that.
I know - and it is really sickening. Wonder if all the libs could be packed off to a deserted island???

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
It's not a matter of being "manly" versus "girly". It's a life style choice regarding what someone likes to do for entertainment and/or for one's occupation. With trucks you can haul things around, throw a camper on the back for camping vacations, earn a living, and handle any kind of weather or road conditions thrown at you. If you only own one vehicle a truck is the most versatile.

What the heck does being a liberal or a conservative have to do with owning a truck or not?

Old 11-29-2011, 06:42 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
Why do I have a pickup? Hmmmm... I am gainfully employed, I manage my money well, this is America, and I can buy any vehicle on the lot that I like and can afford. I don't need to defend why I bought my truck. I bought it because I wanted it, just like I bought every other car, SUV, minivan and motorcycle that I've owned. Thank you.

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
try sticking a 1000 pound log or rock in your corvet...

trucks can take more beatings than a car

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
What DO you drive?
Meh...i'm not going there. But i prefer roadsters and sports sedans.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:43 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Exactly!!!

Gotta love those 'tolerant' liberals!

Gotta also love that they take the time to critique what other people drive. Just like what money other people make. How about they worry about themselves and mind their own business.
That's just not possible. I wonder if this is the OP:

You got to see this, Getting yelled at for the diesel truck I drive - YouTube

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Interesting....I wonder how offended you'd be and how quickly you'd be hitting the report button if someone called you "sweetie". I find it pretty funny myself, babycakes. Not a liberal, eh? Your left leaning feces that I've seen in other posts doesn't really support that....
Men call me sweetie on here all the time, you actually agree with some of them on their political views.
But, they are actually quite nice, you could learn a lot from them.
So sad that you wont.
BTW, what do you drive?

2,399 posts, read 4,218,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
What is your point? You think some men like trucks because it makes them more "manly"; perhaps you need to post certain things because you think it makes you "smart".
Many men do purchase trucks because they view it as a man's vehicle. In fact, a majority of them do it for this very reason, in my opinion. I've found that a large percentage of men who drive trucks, particularly those who drive the jacked-up wheel trucks, have low self esteem, and they lack confidence in their masculinity. Why? There's a huge correlation with intelligence, in my opinion. If a man feels that he isn't masculine by way of confidence related to his intelligence, the primary indicator of masculinity, in my opinion, then he seeks to acquire so-called "manly" stuff to make up for what he is lacking.

While it is true that many men purchase a truck with the desire to haul things, particularly for their work, or perhaps they live in a location where something can better go off-road, a lot of men, particularly those within suburbs and exurbs, do so because of the "Manly" feeling they get from driving it. Even now, jokes about a "prius" kind of prove what I'm saying. It's the same mindset saying, "what, you don't own a truck. You drive a girly vehicle". It's the most pathetic, weak statement I've ever heard. Those who have testicles hanging from their truck have to be the most pitiful creatures on the planet. They're not very confident in their manhood, are they. Usually they have them hanging from a truck that is ten feet off the ground, as if to say, "Yep, it's a boy".

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
I sure liked the old days when just us const. folk and ranchers needed pickups. they were usually striped down no fancy upholstery sometimes not even a radio. now you cant buy a plain Jane for less than my mortgage. screw it my 84 f150 is on it's third motor at 750,000 miles. the 300 in line, best motor ever built except jeeps 4 ltr maybe. the ones that really need pickups are the ones who drive the old ones cause we cant afford the new cadillacs they are selling. times change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics