Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 05:21 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,145,906 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Yesterday I decided it was time to clean out the purse and wallet, both of which had become a holding bin for receipts from the holidays and other junk lol no wonder it weighed so much.
I found tucked in one of the inside pockets of the wallet a bill I had hidden for a "just in case" while we were on our cruise back in Sept. lol I had forgotten about it.
So I though hmmm this would be a good
Todays question:

Do you or have you hidden money in your wallet or other places "just in case" ?

Extra credit if todays question reminds you that you have some tucked away and you go find it

Today in history:
January 16, 1974 "Jaws" by Peter Benchley is published.
How many of you were afraid to go in the water after reading this book.
Dun dun dun dun

Word of the day:
supererogatory (soo-puhr-uh-ROG-uh-tor-ee) adjective
1. Going beyond the call of duty.

Today is International Hot & Spicy Food Day

Today is also: Appreciate A Dragon Day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 05:52 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,295,961 times
I don't now,but have when I was married to my ex-husband.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:11 AM

I now have to "unremember" the money I discovered

Actually after I posted this I remembered that I had also hidden some of my birthday money for when I found something I really wanted.

I tell hubby hey I have so & so put away in case you need any lol but he forgets even faster than I do.
hmmm I am tempted to tuck a $20 in his wallet to see how long till he finds it, but then again he hasn't "noticed" the now 7 empty TP rolls so he will probably never notice the money lol

I can understand tucking money away when in a difficult marriage. I actually remember years ago when I was engaged a friend told me every woman should have a separate account that only they know about for just in case.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:34 AM

448 posts, read 1,050,875 times
I am always finding money on coat pockets. I have 3 different motorcycle jackets I wear and a bunch of different winter coats. I think I have a coat fettish to match my shoe fettish. I never realized it till now. Anyway...money in the coat pockets, that's what I find...if no money, there are kleenex! I also tend to stash cash in a cubby in my car. OH! and the jar on the dryer. I used to ask my kids if they lost a fiver in the laundry, but I quit and 95% of the time they never miss it, so it is mine!
Quote:
Today is also: Appreciate A Dragon Day.
My college mascot is a dragon. MN State U-Moorhead Dragons....Do you appreciate me now?

Old 01-16-2008, 06:38 AM

lol found laundry money belongs to the person doing the laundry

lol I know about the tissue thing how many times have you washed something that had the dreaded hidden tissue? for me it is always in something in the load of dark clothes , then I spend time getting the white "lint" off of everything

Old 01-16-2008, 06:44 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,059,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
lol found laundry money belongs to the person doing the laundry
Always. There should be a sign installed above the washing machine.

I do have a spot in my purse where I keep a folded-up $20 bill.
Unfortunately I spent it last week and have not yet replenished it because I hate making a special trip to the bank, and I hate paying those ATM "convenience" fees.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:49 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,752,808 times
Although it is dwindling, I do have a "just in case" we go out or just in case the kids need a couple of bucks stash

I'll pass on the hot and spicy day unless Rolaids come with it.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:27 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,662,426 times
Usually the money we hide is in the car dash. We usually separate money when we go on vacation. One in the suitcase, one in each persons pocket book, one in the car dash. When I find money, it is usually in an old handbag in the zipper compartment. Love it when that happens!

Old 01-16-2008, 07:28 AM

221 posts, read 600,765 times
Default Cash Stash

Oh yeah, I keep some squirrled away, too. At least enough for a small emergency. My mother was notorious for this, too. As she got older she got more eccentric. Growing up she always had an emergency stash somewhere and when she got older and after she had a few strokes, she would still hide money and forget where she had hidden it. Well, when she passed away and my sister and I were sorting through her things we ran across a lot of her hiding places. I found $500 in an old Simplicity pattern envelope. I kid you not. Mama had more money than she could have ever spent, but I guess being born in 1919 and surviving the depression tended to make a person a little more aware of lean times and finances than people do these days. Now, every time I go through a box of things that belonged to my mother I make sure and look in every little nook and cranny and search out hidy holes. You just never know! Afterthought...knowing my mother she might have hidden this money for us TO find after she was gone. She was always one to try and make someones day.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:31 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,024,396 times
I found a $100 bill in my wallet that I forgot I had. That was a fun find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics