Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:59 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Any man that is named Mike is ALWAYS in trouble!!! Anyone else have any "MICHAELS" in their life? It's Mike when their not in trouble and MICHAEL at the top of your lungs when their in trouble.

I have many many Michaels in my life

As we know, he's always being sent to his room. Maybe he could change his screen name to 'Trouble' lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 10:44 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
My son and grandson are MICHAEL.............I hear ya . It's a great name though.

When they are in trouble....the entire first middle and last name are used.....

Old 03-19-2008, 10:53 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,858 times
My dad wanted to name me Renae, but my mother vetoed that idea. When I was in grade school, I hated my name and promptly shortened it to Sandy. That first time I listed my name on a test I spelled it S-A-N-D.....The teacher read it outloud and embarrassed me terrible. She shouted, SAND who the heck is sand?????

So, it quickly reverted back to the longer version.

Nicknames ahh the nightmares...

curly brown as my hair was curly and brown.
My coach only called me by my last name, still does to this day!

others include : short-stuff; shortie; tiny and witch with a b!

but my favorite nickname was given to me by my father when I was just a tiny tot.
He called me Sanny....I believe he could have called me dirt and I would have loved it simply because it came from him.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:54 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Like I said before, my son's name is Daniel.

He's always been "Danny" to me and "Dan" to his friends. However, especially when he was little... when he would get in trouble, big or small, he became D A N I E L - long, drawn out and if it was with a Spanish accent, he better run! LOLLLLL

Old 03-19-2008, 11:14 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
When they are in trouble....the entire first middle and last name are used.....
When I get in trouble, I get called many names, except my first, middle and last!

Old 03-19-2008, 11:53 AM

2,072 posts, read 5,416,603 times
I probably wouldn't change my name ... I like it. My dad did call me ky-pie when I was little though, sometimes skidmark.

I'm glad there is a national laugh day! That's something everyone needs.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:27 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyM View Post
You and I must have the same name-----and you wrote exactly what I was thinking.

I answer to Mary, Sherry, Carrie, and all the other airy's.

P.S. Same initials, too.

Yep, you might as well answer to all the "airy's". In some cases I have to add the 2 r's and an i after I have repeated Terri, with a "T". I won't even go there with my last name... it is short, but funny and I usually have to clarify it as well... people will say, "really??" like I am making it up or something.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:29 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree View Post
So your name is Terri...my name is Theresa and people would ask do people call you Terri? Uhhhhhhh...my name is Theresa.

I usually go by Tree,people who know me always ended up shortening to Tree...so it has stuck.

I would keep my name.
LOL! Well I guess it's good to know the Theresa's of the world get it too.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:30 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
I would liked to have been called Autmn (favorite time of year) or Robin (favorite English bird).

I have a nickname ... well at least the one they call me to my face ... it's a variation of my actual name.

Cadbury's Caramel Creme Eggs ... YUMMY!!

Old 03-19-2008, 12:46 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Named after my mother's father, who died before I was born. Not changing it.

Nicknames?

Tree
Ra
Dodger
Krispy
Kritter
Heyyou (seriously!) Luckily it didn't last long

I suppose nicknames could be a form of transmutation.

tet tea says: Cadbury's Caramel Creme Eggs ... YUMMY!! On that note I'm going into the other room and get one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics