Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 10:03 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Yes, that was sad the way Judy's life ended. She was very, very talented and very much abused by the studio and, IMO, her mother for allowing it. Taiga, they had a special garment that she wore under the pinafore to smush her breasts so she would look younger. Sad, very sad.
That is so sad. Hollywood!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 10:54 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Yeah, Judy Garland died aged 47, totally wore out. One of the last places she performed
at was a place called The Talk Of The Town in Leicester Square, London. She did a show
there in 1969, sometimes turning up very late, and in no state to perform. I stood outside
that night club in 1970, sadly too late to see her, but I thought of her as I stood there.
First time I went to the London Palladium in 1971, were Judy performed many times, I was
walking through to the stalls. On the wall there is a large plaque. It just says: Judy Garland,
Worlds Greatest Entertainer.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:53 PM

3,958 posts, read 2,573,640 times
Default A good thing happened today???

Well, as I was waiting for my job interview, the manager stood talking to another employee about two other candidates she'd interviewed for the position. She was talking about one lady who had a sexual harassment case and about how one of her former bosses was told her she gets very upset with people, telling them she would beat them up!
Bad enough if she'd been talking and a guest from the hotel might come around the corner but a canadiate sitting in the lobby??! Gah! What is wrong with people, not thinking about what they are saying?!! At first I thought, wow, the competetion isn't very high but then...

Just to make it easy not to want this job, it was only two days a week. I told I could not do that, not at $7.50 an hour. Drat. Drat. Drat.

I don't want to work for someone that talks about anyone behind their back- who knows what she says about her employees.

Still ! I need a job!! Drat.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:56 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
Well, as I was waiting for my job interview, the manager stood talking to another employee about two other candidates she'd interviewed for the position. She was talking about one lady who had a sexual harassment case and about how one of her former bosses was told her she gets very upset with people, telling them she would beat them up!
Bad enough if she'd been talking and a guest from the hotel might come around the corner but a canadiate sitting in the lobby??! Gah! What is wrong with people, not thinking about what they are saying?!! At first I thought, wow, the competetion isn't very high but then...

Just to make it easy not to want this job, it was only two days a week. I told I could not do that, not at $7.50 an hour. Drat. Drat. Drat.

I don't want to work for someone that talks about anyone behind their back- who knows what she says about her employees.

Well that is frustrating. Two days a week only. At least you found out what they were like. How unprofessional is that? Wow!! Hope you find work really soon Wild Flower. I am thinking about you...

Old 01-11-2012, 04:30 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post

Sorry to hear that WF...neither would I want to be working with anybody who back stabs their own. Be patient, you'll never know...a terrific job may just be waiting around the corner.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:57 PM

3,958 posts, read 2,573,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Well that is frustrating. Two days a week only. At least you found out what they were like. How unprofessional is that? Wow!! Hope you find work really soon Wild Flower. I am thinking about you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Sorry to hear that WF...neither would I want to be working with anybody who back stabs their own. Be patient, you'll never know...a terrific job may just be waiting around the corner.
Thank you both. I am just so frazzled. So frustrated. I said if this isn't right, I'll find something else! BUT what??? Sigh. I still can't get over the manager's manners, or lack of them! They say you go to interview them just as much as they are interviewing you! So true!

I am at the library, in my dress-up clothes, with no pockets for my keys, glasses. I almost lost my keys, I dropped them but found them after an hour (of not missing them up until then). I thought, what a metaphor for my life. Too many things to handle, don't know how I will. This too shall pass...

Old 01-11-2012, 05:08 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Gosh, Wild Flower, all that just trying to get a job! It is awful, ordinary folks having to jump
through hoops trying to make a living. As you say all this shall pass. It'll hit the fan sooner
or later, people won't put up with this c**p forever. My son has had to go to Spain trying
to make a better life for him and his partner.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:41 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Hang in there, lady. THings happen for a reason.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:30 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
I think we found a new car insurance company for about $20/month less than we're paying now! Woohoo!

Old 01-12-2012, 12:31 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,694,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I think we found a new car insurance company for about $20/month less than we're paying now! Woohoo!
Anytime you can save some money it's a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics