Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 09:00 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Aks, when I worked as a CSR, I always made sure I returned a customer's call, even if it was to let them know that I didn't have an answer yet, but I was working on it. I found it made my life easier because then the customer wasn't calling back to yell at me for not calling him/her back! :P

Sometimes, SQ, it would be nice to trade places with somebody else, wouldn't it? But then, I guess we'd have THEIR problems instead of ours. Sometimes, ours aren't so bad in comparison. Hang in there, lady.
How true that is! I provided service and repair over the years that I was working and always called or notified them of the delays that I'd encounter, or the reason for the repair failure. They always seemed happy to know what the delays were and why.

When I return this afternoon I'll have to make contact again with them and see where this issue is at.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:54 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,504,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Need to vent...
Just had a week of staycation because times are tight, I'm struggling to keep with things and I don't believe in living beyond my means. All of which is ok, but I need to vent because I'm tired of listening to a co-worker brag on scamming the system. They stopped paying bills and used the cash to buy an expensive piece of jewelry, under the table, then declared bankruptcy. Applied for and received emergency assistance locally, yet is spending $800 on a hotel for a long weekend in a well known vacation spot. Sometimes I wonder why I still play by the rules...
Because you have to look at yourself in the mirror in the mornings. That is just what is "right" for you. Don't worry about someone else. They will get what they deserve eventually.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:34 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
some need more than others... and um plain ol tired

Old 06-22-2011, 01:50 PM

I was feeling relieved as my neighbors go on vacation. They are questionable at best. But they left a load of junk out in front of our houses at the property line they left a pile of junk that is an eye-soar. I hope the city does not think I put that out there.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:45 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
How is it that, on occasion, someone you love very much and for whom you'd lay down your life can just annoy the heck out of you just by being? I can tell that, no matter what the poor guy does today, my husband is going to tick me off. Something tells me one of us needs a quick attitude adjustment and, if I look in the mirror, I'll see who it is. Maybe if I get going on some housework, I'll manage to change my tune. The good news is he went off on an errand, so he's out of harm's way for a little while anyway.

WIsh me luck.....

Old 06-23-2011, 07:19 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,191,458 times
Quote:
How is it that, on occasion, someone you love very much and for whom you'd lay down your life can just annoy the heck out of you just by being? I can tell that, no matter what the poor guy does today, my husband is going to tick me off. Something tells me one of us needs a quick attitude adjustment and, if I look in the mirror, I'll see who it is. Maybe if I get going on some housework, I'll manage to change my tune. The good news is he went off on an errand, so he's out of harm's way for a little while anyway.

WIsh me luck.....

On those days, I used to say the Biotch Fairy had visited me in my sleep and sprinkled nasty attitude dust all over me. Nobody breathe too loudly in my general area!!

Good luck

Old 06-23-2011, 07:39 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Need to vent...
Just had a week of staycation because times are tight, I'm struggling to keep with things and I don't believe in living beyond my means. All of which is ok, but I need to vent because I'm tired of listening to a co-worker brag on scamming the system. They stopped paying bills and used the cash to buy an expensive piece of jewelry, under the table, then declared bankruptcy. Applied for and received emergency assistance locally, yet is spending $800 on a hotel for a long weekend in a well known vacation spot. Sometimes I wonder why I still play by the rules...
I hope you enjoyed your time off. Don't worry about the others...some day it will catch up to them. Karma

Quote:

WIsh me luck.....
Good luck. Every once in awhile I've woken up in a bad mood. It's rare but it happens Anyway, I usually have a "talk" with myself and no I don't answer, lol. In my head I go over the many good and wonderful things in my life...then I give myself a mental smack upside the head for being moody.(really I have no right to be moody) It usually helps to put it all into perspective.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:08 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Thank you, light shimmer and Lisa. I'm feeling much better now. I really wasn't in a bad mood, so I don't know why I felt like pulling a Nightmare on Elm Street on my poor hubby. Sometimes it just pays to stay out of each other's way, I guess. I went shopping by myself after doing some housework and that seemed to fix the problem for some reason. Shopping...woman's cure-all, right after chocolate!

Old 06-23-2011, 02:04 PM

I will be venting about the weather for several weeks. I am sure it will get old fast, but I gotta... It's so flipping hot and I need to move to Alaska. My problem is about the time I make my mind up winter is close at hand and we have great winters that make all the rest of the bs... smaller

Old 06-23-2011, 08:26 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I will be venting about the weather for several weeks. I am sure it will get old fast, but I gotta... It's so flipping hot and I need to move to Alaska. My problem is about the time I make my mind up winter is close at hand and we have great winters that make all the rest of the bs... smaller
As horrible as your summers are in AZ, I doubt that you would enjoy Alaska with the extreme cold temperatures and extended dark hours during winters ... Hang in there my friend ... How's about moving to CaliFUNia ... We rarely get triple digit weather in my neck of woods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics