Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2010, 11:28 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Maybe he has bigger problems to deal with right now and he KNOWS that YOU can handle yours without him?
God does not always answer our prayers to what we want or think we need, he is in charge...sometimes unanswered prayers are best..hang in there

Old 02-25-2010, 05:34 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
God also helps those who help themselves.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:01 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,728,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8palmtrees View Post
Right now I am just feeling VERY sad and I feel that God only comes to me when it is convenient to Him.
I'm sorry you're feeling like that today 8palmtrees. Unfortunately, He sees what's around the corner, he sees what got us in the predicament we're in at the moment, and sometimes, I think He wants us to learn from our mistakes and figure some things out for ourselves.

I try to use the analogy of raising kids. None of us parents ever want to see our babies fall down and get hurt..smack their heads into things when they're learning to walk....but if we never put them down and let them try, we're depriving them of ever learning to run and play, to feel that feeling of I CAN DO IT....OR I DID IT MYSELF!!! Besides.....there's an old saying out there, "Some of us fail to ever look up until we're flat on our backs!" How often would we talk to Him, if we didn't NEED to ask for His help?

Old 02-25-2010, 08:01 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
OK, I have to share a really really big peeve. I think you all know how I feel about my stepdaughter's husband, right? The slug. Anyway he was on unemployment for 2 years, collecting and he never looked for a job. He went off unemployment in August or so and then he moved his was into my SD's cleaning business. He cleans about 2-3 hoses a week. Anyway, he gets a call yesterday from the unemployment office. They want to give him $6000.00 more. All he has to do is apply. That really ticks me. Let's keep rewarding people who don't want to help themselves. Yeah makes all the sense in the world.

It seems like all the people who don't help themselves or think for themselves are being rewarded. It's broken.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
OK, I have to share a really really big peeve. I think you all know how I feel about my stepdaughter's husband, right? The slug. Anyway he was on unemployment for 2 years, collecting and he never looked for a job. He went off unemployment in August or so and then he moved his was into my SD's cleaning business. He cleans about 2-3 hoses a week. Anyway, he gets a call yesterday from the unemployment office. They want to give him $6000.00 more. All he has to do is apply. That really ticks me. Let's keep rewarding people who don't want to help themselves. Yeah makes all the sense in the world.

It seems like all the people who don't help themselves or think for themselves are being rewarded. It's broken.
And yet there are folks out there who can't get unemployment for more than 6 weeks. Folks who are absolutely required to to active job searches, even though they are on a "temporary layoff status"......GRRRR.... then there are those like your son-in-law who seem blessed with being able to manipulate the system. Yeah, I'd be sick if I was you!

Old 02-25-2010, 09:16 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,023,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post

My thoughts exactly.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:25 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,331,418 times
I have a little puppy barely a year old. I have been too busy to get her fixed, but I thought it is okay. She's a house dog. Well I only let her out for the bathroom and just to run around a little. Somebody's dog knocked mine up. I don't want anymore puppies, but I know lots of people who can't wait to get there hands on one so finding good homes won't be a problem. But, I am put out nonetheless...

Old 02-25-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I have a little puppy barely a year old. I have been too busy to get her fixed, but I thought it is okay. She's a house dog. Well I only let her out for the bathroom and just to run around a little. Somebody's dog knocked mine up. I don't want anymore puppies, but I know lots of people who can't wait to get there hands on one so finding good homes won't be a problem. But, I am put out nonetheless...

......and now you know! Sorry for the mishap, but that's just a prime example of where procrastination can come around and bite you on the butt. Been there, done that sun queen. Surprise, surprise.....puppies and kittens...unplanned pregnancies galore.

We used to have a young springer spaniel....kept her in the house, when she was in heat and had our foundation undermined by male dogs whose owners couldn't be bothered to keep them corralled. She slipped by the kids, got nailed, got pregnant, and died giving birth...lost all of the pups and her too. We also had an escapee female cat years ago who ended up with a litter...boys just awaitin' at the door for her to escape...(little ****! LOL)

Needless to say, the last batch of kittens we found born in our gearshed, years ago, were live-trapped at about 4 mo. old, taken to the vet and "broken"...every last one of them. No more babies here! If they CAN get pregnant, they WILL get pregnant! Best to try to come up with the money right away, as soon as they're old enough. LOL

Old 02-25-2010, 09:10 PM

606 posts, read 1,235,109 times
Wisdom teeth, what in the hell is the purose of those things???111

Old 02-25-2010, 09:21 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
8 Palms, wisdom teeth are only good for dentists to make money!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics