Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 11:22 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,963,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar77 View Post
I'm trying to plan a wedding in a recession...'nuff said.
That's a good topic for a new thread! You might get some GREAT ideas

Old 07-10-2009, 11:38 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,963,193 times
Angry No returned calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
This is the right thread for venting! So everyone who needs to yell ~ do it here.

I spent a large amount of time working with a business manager and dealing with issues only to find that they don’t want to help or are concerned enough to assist on working things out. In fact, I called the corporate spoke with them, and they said they’d have someone check into it and call me back. No call for a couple of days. I again called corporate and talked with them (nicely) and they said they’d have a upper manager give me a call back. Well it’s been another few days and nothing yet,,,,, the phone didn’t ring and I’m still waiting for them. Even if they don’t want to help out, they could at least return the call and explain why.
Still no callbacks however it's getting worse, instead of just the one corporate it's now two other companies or individuals that fail to callback and return my call to them about several issues that need attention. Why leave a name and number when they don't respond? It's repeated calls to them and no returns.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:05 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,530,883 times
OK - will this work here? I want to vent about ... arthritis. It has showed up in my knees and it just makes things twice as difficult. I'm retired now and have time to do the things I have been putting off, but I can't get them all done. Our basement would have been finished at least a month or two ago if the knees worked like they used to. I know you folks can't do anything about it, but I feel better having vented. Thanks.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:11 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,530,883 times
Oh - and one more thing that I want to vent about. I have been noticing more and more posts in various forums that are really showing people's egos. Sure you have an opinion and you are probably convinced that your opinion is the only one that counts, but let's at least be civil and give others the opportunity to post their ideas without putting them down.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:14 PM

1,450 posts, read 4,260,941 times
People who use their cells and text right in the middle of a conversation with you--I mean, not even an "excuse me for a minute" there you are, having a conversation, and they just start texting, or make or answer a call, WTH are you supposed to do mid-sentence, stop talking, wait for them to fiinish, keep talking? I just walk away, if the situation permits,otherwise, I whip out my cell and call someone, anyone, the weather...........then its somehow my fault, I interrupted the conversation to make a call!

Last edited by marylee54; 07-12-2009 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-12-2009, 09:17 PM

A BIG, BIG gripe of mine---pizza pickers!

I can't stand watching someone order deluxe, then pick half the topping off. They kill me! WTH did they order it to begin with, just get plain cheese, ok? But no, they have to order deluxe, then sit there and pick all the topping off, then make a little pile, then ask you if you'd like them! I HATE pizza pickers!

Old 07-12-2009, 09:20 PM

Also, I HATE coffee refillers. You drink coffee and they keep filling up your cup, whether you want it or not. Somehow, you can't stop them. Seems it should be easy enough, no, thanks, i don't want a "warm up" or "top off" or whatever they call it, but they keep pouring coffee in your cup. Its MY cup, I'll refill it if and when I wish. Just when you have the cream and sugar just right, some idiot who thinks they're being a good hostess decided you need a fill up. You can't stop them!

So I just don't get coffee with these coffee fillers!

Old 07-12-2009, 09:22 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,753,522 times
Seems I get what I'm trying to get these days but only after a lot of work!

Old 07-12-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatSayYou View Post
Glad this thread is still here or I would have had to start one...

People who point! They have to point at everything! They are explaining something and here goes this damn index finger right across your face as they are pointing at something on the other side of you.
I think their fingers need to be bitten or something, Seriously! Where's Mike Tyson when you need him! It's to the point that I reflexively grab the finger and say PLEASE DON'T POINT!!!

and when I worked in retail, people would not only chuck their money on the counter instead of putting it into your waiting, extended hand -- they have to point at it. They are lucky I didn't have a machette!
j/k I'm not violent, that's why I'm venting on here.

I'm with ya. Especially people who point while driving, dangerous if you're riding the passenger seat. "oh, look at that!" And you get their finger in your eye or nose! or old ladies who like to use their canes to point with! Dangerous!

Old 07-12-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
A disabled veteran with his panties in a wad is never a good thing. Please allow me to un-wad your panties for you.

There, isn't that better now?

What makes you think its a "he"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics