Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 03:04 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,653,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
ooo quick Question

How many are considering the living room and family room as the same thing ?
When you only have one, they are the same thing! Now, in the house I grew up in, we had a living room and family room. The family room had the TV and the living room was more like the sitting room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 03:40 PM

4,503 posts, read 6,335,388 times
Quote:
ooo quick Question

I live in an apartment so they are one and the same. A lot of times it is called the lounge room here.

I'm glad I didn't offend anyone with my little rant, thanks for the comments...

Old 03-30-2009, 04:27 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,767,443 times
Quote:
rofl it is also an interesting way to see how many folks visit the thread more than once

One of the best places to be with all the interesting answers to your great questions. It is fun to keep checking!

Old 03-30-2009, 05:25 PM

321 posts, read 856,613 times
I did come on earlier, but I was struggling with depression so I signed out before answering the questions.

We have televisions in the bedroom and living room but most of the time both of them are off because I don't like to watch tv. It's mainly for my daughter and she liked to hang out with her friends now that the weather is getting better.

A trend I dislike. I have to go with cellphones. I hate getting on the bus and having to listen to someone talking on their phone and they are talking loudly over the noise of the bus and drowning out all other conversations around them.

Another trend I hate is the demand for kids barely in their teens to dress cool all the time, even though the fashions are not always appropriate. Some of the comments on the t-shirts for kids that age make me want to hurl.

Sorry, I can't remember anything from the question of the day - but at least I got to answer some of it.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:28 PM

321 posts, read 856,613 times
Oh yeah. When was the last time I went to a park.

I live beside the old welland canal and there are trails and parks all down this stretch of canal. We usually walk the dog in the park across the street. Unfortunately, about a week ago they started to rip up some of the park to build an amphitheatre for summer entertainment and a large part of this park is off limits.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:29 PM

44,709 posts, read 61,914,903 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you have a TV in your living room ? No. Our TV is a big screen plasma in the family room which we've dubbed the entertainment room.

Does the TV get turned off when someone stops over ? Depends. Some come over to watch certain programs on the big screen TV. If they come just to visit we go into the living room which is formal and no TV.

Bonus Question:
Which of the current "trends" out there drive you crazy ? Cell phones. Don't pay attention to trends.

Extra Credit Question :
When was the last time you were in a park ? Last Dec.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:17 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,935,300 times
Quote:
ooo quick Question

Family room... Well, I don't have a family.. so I don't have a family room..

Living room - Is that a room that's alive? That might explain why I keep hearing sounds from the walls in the room where I keep the couch, the TV, and the surround-sound system..

Family Room, Living Room, if it's a a room with a couch and TV, it is just another room in the house, no matter what you want to call it....

Old 03-30-2009, 06:20 PM

23,036 posts, read 34,472,404 times
Yes, big TV in living room, depends on who come by and what is on if we turn it off or not. Current trend I hate is reality shows. Last time I was at the park was about three weeks ago.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:46 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,359,134 times
Quote:
In our current home, we only have a living room. It's just my spouse and me, and there is a very real limit to how many rooms we can be in at one time, so we chose a small home to buy.

When we lived in Texas and both kids were living at home, we had a house with both a living room and a family room, and the family room was where the television lived. Actually, in Texas we had two TV's, one in the family room and the other on the spouse's dresser for him to fall asleep with.

Now that we've only got a living room and no kids to insist on watching the tube at all hours, we're down to just the one TV in the bedroom. And if it were up to me, I'd happily chunk that one in the trash and go without completely. But I'm in a partnership, and the other half of the partnership likes his TV in the evenings, so it stays where it is.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:10 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,699,791 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have a TV in your living room ?
No, living room is for visitors only, not to live in. TVs in family room and 2 bedrooms.

Does the TV get turned off when someone stops over ?
It depends on who stops over and what I'm watching. I mute any sports program I'm interested in. I don't need sound to know the Cubs blew a 4 run lead in the ninth.

Bonus Question:

Which of the current "trends" out there drive you crazy ?
Texting. With letter speak nobody knows how to talk LOL. As someone who has both written and talked for a living that bothers me.

Extra Credit Question :

When was the last time you were in a park ?
The last time I parked I was a senior and Chris was a jun----Oh you said in a park. That would be last summer.

Today in History:
1858 - Hyman L. Lipman of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania patented the writing device we call the pencil. Yes, it did have an attached eraser as well. It was a #2 and after 151 years it's still #2. Makes you wonder what it takes to be #1.
1867 - Alaska was purchased from Russia for two-cents an acre!($7,200,000)You got a good deal on your place Rance.
1909 - The Queensboro Bridge, the first double-decker bridge, opened in New York City. linking Manhattan and Queens
1943 - Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Oklahoma!," premieres in New York City - ok everyone sing Ooooooooklahoma where the wind..........

Word of the Day:

Ludic \LOO-dik\, adjective:
Of or relating to play; characterized by play; playful.

Today is:
Turkey Neck Soup Day
National Hot Dog Day

Grass is Always Browner on the Other Side of the Fence Day
And greener over the septic tank.
I Am In Control Day
Take a Walk in the Park Day[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics