Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:07 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,157,714 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Monday
I had such a fun day yesterday, Fiddler on the Roof was just amazing !! I am glad I got the chance to see it
Thanks Mawipafl
Then her daughter and my hubby went with us to Cracker Barrel where we had great food and lol ate too much.
Had way to much Ice Tea with caffeine so was up til after 11 so of course you know that means I got a late start today
So before I head out to let the dog out then off to buy dirt and mulch.
Let me ask

Today's Question(s):

Do you have a TV in your living room ?

Does the TV get turned off when someone stops over ?

Bonus Question:

Which of the current "trends" out there drive you crazy ?

Extra Credit Question :

When was the last time you were in a park ?

Today in History:
1858 - Hyman L. Lipman of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania patented the writing device we call the pencil. Yes, it did have an attached eraser as well.
1867 - Alaska was purchased from Russia for two-cents an acre!($7,200,000)
1909 - The Queensboro Bridge, the first double-decker bridge, opened in New York City. linking Manhattan and Queens
1943 - Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Oklahoma!," premieres in New York City - ok everyone sing Ooooooooklahoma where the wind..........

Word of the Day:

Ludic \LOO-dik\, adjective:
Of or relating to play; characterized by play; playful.

Today is:
Turkey Neck Soup Day
National Hot Dog Day
Grass is Always Browner on the Other Side of the Fence Day
I Am In Control Day
Take a Walk in the Park Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 06:12 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,687,878 times
Glad you enjoyed Fiddler on the Roof Karla. I'm seen it and loved it. A few years ago my girlfriends daughter was the the daughter in that.

Do you have a TV in your living room ? yes we do

Does the TV get turned off when someone stops over ? I turn it off but hubbby puts it on. Like a war

Bonus Question:

Which of the current "trends" out there drive you crazy ? Any threads that drive me crazy.......I avoid.

Extra Credit Question :

When was the last time you were in a park ? can't remember
Have a great day everyone!!!

Last edited by elizamary; 03-30-2009 at 06:25 AM..

Old 03-30-2009, 06:12 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,058,440 times
Do you have a TV in your living room? Does the TV get turned off when someone stops over?

Yes - and it depends upon who is coming over. If it's one of my kids, probably not. Anyone else, I probably will turn it off.

The trend of some restaurant chains, particular Ruby Tuesdays and Red Lobster, to play music in the restaurant so loud that a decent conversation is impossible and sometimes the volume is so loud, it actually hurts. I have asked to be seated in the quietest corner of the restaurant and have also asked that the music be lowered. Usually, the response is courteous, but clearly the staff is not happy about my request. I've stopped visiting these two restaurants.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:17 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,913,011 times
Today's Question(s):

Yes we do.

Does the TV get turned off when someone stops over ?
Yes it does

Bonus Question:

"Green" EVERYTHING. Good Lord giveit a rest already and move onto the next sheeple fad catch-phrase.

Extra Credit Question :

Day before yesterday with the kids.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:22 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,348,844 times
Today's Question(s):

Nope. The only TV in the house is in the bedroom, because the spouse has a dreadful predilection for falling asleep while watching TV every night. If he's already in bed when it happens, he's a lot less likely to wake up cranky and with a stiff neck. I just wait to go to bed until he turns the babble box off.

Bonus Question:

I'm not very tuned into what's trendy, to be honest, but the older I get, the more crotchety I get with some of the baffling behavior that the youngsters demonstrate. I guess probably the one that makes me most grumpy is the pervasive dependency on communications devices; it seems like more and more people simply cannot go ANYWHERE without being tethered to their electronic leashes, and they will interrupt any activity at any time to babble inanities with whomever happens to be at the other end of the line. Our meeting yesterday was interrupted by not one, not two, but three different people's cell phones going off during the discussions.

Extra Credit Question :

This past weekend - we went for a drive on Saturday before the snow started and stopped by one of the many little parks scattered through this city to wander a bit. It was chilly and grey, but we enjoyed seeing the unmistakable signs of spring in the green shoots everywhere.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:24 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,687,878 times
oops.....I thought it said what threads drive you crazy instead it says what trends drive you crazy. Guess it is too early for this old brain to focus.
I will get back later on what trend drives me crazy. I know there has got to be a few.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:25 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,891,531 times
Yes I have an overly large tv in the living room.
If it's on...no it doesn't get turned off...because I'm watching it!

Crazy trends? Those that insist on wearing their pants down around their knees! I'd like to trip each and every one of them...I mean...it ain't like they can chase me if I did!

Last park was in Sweden last month with the Mrs! We had been visiting her brother who lives just below us in the picture, and decided to take a walk after over indulging in pastry and tea!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:34 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,212,353 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have a TV in your living room ? Yes and several other rooms as well

Does the TV get turned off when someone stops over ? Not usually - volume may get turned down (or UP) depending on who it is.

Bonus Question:

Which of the current "trends" out there drive you crazy ? Boys who wear their jeans so low that their entire behind is ABOVE the waistband. Just makes me want to run up behind them and pull the pants up -- or better yet-- DOWN! Might teach them a lesson if it happened often enough!

Extra Credit Question :

When was the last time you were in a park ? Don't remember - Winter in Iowa is not a good time to go to a park.

Today in History:
1858 - Hyman L. Lipman of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania patented the writing device we call the pencil. Yes, it did have an attached eraser as well. -- That's a name that today would get A LOT of teasing!

Today is:
Turkey Neck Soup Day-- never had it
National Hot Dog Day-- Hot dogs on the grill-- or OOOH Chili dogs! I am getting hungry!
Grass is Always Browner on the Other Side of the Fence Day - so true. Someone always seems to have it worse.
I Am In Control Day -- This should be my mantra -- I am in Control -- I am in Control
Take a Walk in the Park Day -- Sounds like a plan!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:43 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,559,177 times
So, Bookworm, do you wake up cranky? Or do you just let him sleep... (Sorry, just couldn't resist!)

(And since my loving wife is on Spring Break this week, I'll get after her for the receipes!)

Old 03-30-2009, 06:47 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,559,177 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have a TV in your living room ?Yes

Does the TV get turned off when someone stops over ?Yes

Bonus Question:

"Reality" shows, Celebrity adoptions overseas. Newspapers ceasing publication.

Extra Credit Question :

When was the last time you were in a park ? FAR too long ago...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics