Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:37 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,360,555 times

Advertisements

Do you have a TV in your living room ?
Yes.
Does the TV get turned off when someone stops over ?
Maybe maybe not. If the kids are watching it, I'm usually in the kitchen and that is where my visitors come to hang out with me.
If we are all in the living room and it was already on, we might turn it off, or just turn it down.

I don't watch too much tv and there are days that it doesn't get turned on the whole day, then there are some days when it gets turned on in the morning and stays on even when no one is watching it, till I get annoyed and go shut it off, like I'm about to do right now, as DH is in the playroom and the tv is blaring away!!
Bonus Question:

Which of the current "trends" out there drive you crazy ?
OK, the baggy pants is annoying, I am tired of seeing people's butt cracks, but there is one that drives me crazy, I can't think of it now but I was just complaining about it the other day.

Extra Credit Question :

When was the last time you were in a park ?
Lol, I was in a "theme" park over the weekend, the great escape water park in Lake George.

The last time I was in a park though, would probably have been last fall.

OK, thanks to reading Charley's response, the other thing that irritates the hell out of me (sometimes) is the repeated singing of Happy Birthday in chain restaurants by dour faced employees. I mean, I have no problem with it once or twice during a meal, but the last few times we've been out to eat we have heard the happy birthday song up to SEVEN times!!! Even the kids lost interest in the theatrics. Now I am not a party pooper but enough is enough. When you have to hear it five, six and seven times during your meal, it gets annoying. And when your kid seems to know the lyrics to Outback's birthday song by the time dinner is over, you know you've heard it too many times. Not to mention the employees are not even smiling, and look like they would rather be dead.

Last edited by mommytotwo; 03-30-2009 at 08:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 08:41 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,298,769 times
Do you have a TV in your living room ? yes

Does the TV get turned off when someone stops over ? no

Bonus Question:

Extra Credit Question :

When was the last time you were in a park ? about 4 years ago

Old 03-30-2009, 08:51 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,674,912 times
Good morning.

No TV in the living room.

Sometimes we turn off the TV depends on who is visiting. We don't have many dignitaries coming to the house.

I don't like the trendy eye wear that makes people look like we are living in the JFK administration.

Last time we are in a park/camp ground was last summer while riding our Rhino.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:52 AM

54,500 posts, read 33,912,259 times
Today's Question(s):

No.. but I think I have a living room in my TV.. it's a big screen. - I also have a TV in the office, in the bedroom, in the closet, in the shower, even in the garage.. - Seriously I have 2 TVs, and yes I have one in the living room, it's a brand new one too that I bought about a month and a half ago.

Does the TV get turned off when someone stops over ?
Well... that depends on what I'm watching.. - Okay, there's supposed to be a joke in there, but I'm not gonna say anything... and no I don't watch stuff like that. - The TV stays on if somebody comes over.. even after they leave..

Bonus Question:

Let's see if you can guess... If you ever see me wearing very baggy pants, with pierces in my lips, ears, and other areas of my body, along with more tattoos on my body than I have skin, and listenning to rap.. which I refer to as "Crap", and drive a low rider Honda, that means hell has frozen over, AND it snowed in the middle of July in Phoenix.. - The only "Trend" (if you want to call it that) I follow is the one that's been around for 2000 years, which was started by a carpenter from Nazareth...

Extra Credit Question :

When was the last time you were in a park ?
My truck has an automatic and it's always in Park.. I used to put it in neutral and put rocks under the tires to keep it from rolling, until I found the "Park" position on the transmission..

I was in the Prescott National Forrest (a national park) a month ago when I went to Crown King, that's my kind of "park".

Old 03-30-2009, 09:08 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,374,016 times
Do you have a TV in your living room?
Yes, but it is in a cabinet.

Does the TV get turned off when someone stops over?
Yes, unless we're watching the Packers or Nascar in the basement.

Which of the current "trends" out there drive you crazy?
Showing your undies and tanning beds. Yup, nothing like resembling a natural leather purse in the middle of winter with your whale tail in full view!

When was the last time you were in a park?
Last weekend.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:15 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,060,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Which of the current "trends" out there drive you crazy ? ...Fancy Coffee drinks, just give me a good cup of coffee.
Right on! You can keep those Half-mocha frappacino latte nightmares. A good cup of coffee - even decaf - can be one of life's simple pleasures.

Sunday morning with New York bagels, a good cup of coffee and "Breakfast with the Beatles" on Q104.3 FM. A few simple pleasures combined!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:18 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,651,534 times
Do you have a TV in your living room?

Yes

About the only time the TV is on is on the weekend evenings when we might be watching a movie! We really don't watch much TV, so for the most part if someone comes over, the TV is already off!

Which of the current trends out there drive you crazy?

Guys with their pants hanging below their butts! Girls with HUGE sunglasses!

Last May - Our town has a big Memorial weekend celebration in the park along the river - - - It's actually kind of weird, cause that's when you realize how many freaks live in the area! I have to go because my dd always performs with her gymnastics team there!

Everyone have an awesome week!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:29 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,680,060 times

yes we do. now don't laugh, but we also have: One in my office, one in our bedroom and one in son's bedroom. So we have 4 tv's in the house.

it is according to who stops over and what is on. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. There are always people stopping by here.

Which of the current "trends" out there drive you crazy?

I guess I'm old school, but : disrespect from teens, all the current hoopla over piercings and tats for both male and female, the baggy pants, the way girls dress--to me they have no respect for themselves whatsoever and it saddens me to no end. The trend that has been around for a long time of living together before marriage...and the casual acceptance of pregnancy in schools...no offense to anyone, but if the majority of older (to teens) people seem to accept this, then teens will not see that there is a problem, and/or think it is just a-ok....

and another trend I see around here is parents (people I went to school with) allowing their children to talk to them any way they chose and not addressing the problem of lack of respect, and of parents actually teaching dis-respect to their children by their very own actions/words, especially people in authority....

And, this current trend of TEACHERS having sex with their students! It is appalling and shows a lack of maturity and/or a problem with the adult. It is sickening.

Ok, whew, off my soapbox now.

We go to a park every weekend , a baseball park! Seriously, some of his games are at fields that are in a park. But just to go to the park, naa, we live in the country and it is a good 30 minute drive just to get there, I can just step out my back door and walk 20 feet and am in mother nature's finest.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:47 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,165,129 times
OMG rance that is one heck of a park view !!!!

I would be there everyday all day

Old 03-30-2009, 09:48 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,165,129 times
ooo quick Question

How many are considering the living room and family room as the same thing ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics