Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 07:59 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times

Advertisements

I really dislike being deceived...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 08:13 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,987,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I really dislike being deceived...
Sorry, SunQueen.

That's the story of my life, lied to, used, cheated, dumped. Makes one cynical of the human race, but then so does reading the newspaper.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:53 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,857,902 times
Mean people.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:29 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
I hate when people agree to meet with me at a certain time and a certain place and then don't show up, and don't text me or email me to let me know they won't be able to make it. I understand if something else comes up, but at least inform me so that I don't end up waiting for an hour for nothing. This is the third time this has happened this week.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:07 PM

866 posts, read 1,137,758 times
I really don't appreciate when people take their dogs for a walk and don't clean up after them!!

Especially don't like it when I'm the one who finds it (on the bottom of MY shoes) EEEWWWW

Oh, and when people spit out their gum on the sidewalk or pavement
instead of putting it in the trash...again, I was the one who found it!!

Both things happened to me today!!!

Old 11-30-2011, 07:13 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftmyheartintennessee View Post
I really don't appreciate when people take their dogs for a walk and don't clean up after them!!

Especially don't like it when I'm the one who finds it (on the bottom of MY shoes) EEEWWWW

Oh, and when people spit out their gum on the sidewalk or pavement
instead of putting it in the trash...again, I was the one who found it!!

Both things happened to me today!!!
Oooh ... I sure hate when that happens and it's just so unnecessary ... I remembered when I just bought a new pair of Shape-Ups when they were $100 and promptly stepped into doggie poo within a week or two of buying them ... Boy was I ever MAD and steam was coming outta my ears

Old 12-01-2011, 04:35 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,251,590 times
chirp! chirp! chirp! Since 4:00am. Put a new battery in the smoke detector and it's still chirping. Battery confirmed in correct position, pos/neg. Since I'm in a condo, waiting till daylight to do more, like vacuum for dust and see if that helps. Have been browsing and that's one option. The detector is wired so just taking battery out doesn't stop it. Pressing the reset button works for some but doesn't help this one. Also at daylight I'm going to the power box and turn everything off and back on. Then I'll shower and go buy a pile of 9V's since that was my last one and replace the battery in every unit. Comments online about temp changes causing chirping. It's cooler inside this morning than usual, 46 outside but thermo shows 71 inside. Not using the heater. Don't do that in Florida unless it gets chilled inside.

If there's anything else you can think of that I can do, please let me know. That chirping is giving me a headache.
I did put the battery in something else to make sure it's a good one. It is. chirp! chirp!

Old 12-01-2011, 07:29 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,857,902 times
Attempting to call AT&T......on hold for 15 minutes after navigating voicemail menu. Then when I finally get a CSR she tells me that she has no account under my name, phone number or address. I asked her why am I paying $115 monthly on an account that doesn't exist??

She apologizes and says there is no account identified with my information. And then adds, "Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

Old 12-01-2011, 09:05 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,251,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
chirp! chirp! chirp! Since 4:00am. Put a new battery in the smoke detector and it's still chirping. Battery confirmed in correct position, pos/neg. Since I'm in a condo, waiting till daylight to do more, like vacuum for dust and see if that helps. Have been browsing and that's one option. The detector is wired so just taking battery out doesn't stop it. Pressing the reset button works for some but doesn't help this one. Also at daylight I'm going to the power box and turn everything off and back on. Then I'll shower and go buy a pile of 9V's since that was my last one and replace the battery in every unit. Comments online about temp changes causing chirping. It's cooler inside this morning than usual, 46 outside but thermo shows 71 inside. Not using the heater. Don't do that in Florida unless it gets chilled inside.

If there's anything else you can think of that I can do, please let me know. That chirping is giving me a headache.
I did put the battery in something else to make sure it's a good one. It is. chirp! chirp!
I went straight for the power option. Turned everything off and back on. chirp! chirp! Went back to browse the power box and saw two switches labeled smoke detector. Turned them off. chirp! chirp! Went back and saw that those switches have a "test" button. I had already pressed the button on the chirping detector and that didn't stop it. So pressed the test buttons in the power box. Chirping stopped!

Old 12-01-2011, 09:23 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
I went straight for the power option. Turned everything off and back on. chirp! chirp! Went back to browse the power box and saw two switches labeled smoke detector. Turned them off. chirp! chirp! Went back and saw that those switches have a "test" button. I had already pressed the button on the chirping detector and that didn't stop it. So pressed the test buttons in the power box. Chirping stopped!
I'm glad you got the issue resolved ... Look on the bright side, at least it was chirpin' and not burpin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics