Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 12:43 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,491 times

Advertisements

Strawflower, I don`t know and could care less. I`m not writing a novel.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:17 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,196,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
[font=Arial]So fight number #234632784623472364726472386437284 happened tonight.

::snipped for brevity::

I find her posting stuff on facebook like THAT to be rude, demeaning and downright immature.
As opposed to...?
Repeating oneself to force an answer is an interrogation tool best reserved to parents of recalcitrant preteens. I wouldn't have answered you, either. And I'm guessing a whole lot of that conversation got edited out in the retelling.

Frankly, your whole household sounds like one gigantic Cesspool O' Happiness. Reading your posts is kind of like the Jerry Springer show: we shouldn't watch, we don't want to watch, and yet, somehow, we find ourselves doing so, complete with big tub of popcorn in hand.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:19 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,196,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Consider yourself lucky she told you fish. When we were children and asked our mother, "what's for dinner?" she would respond "poison and slop."
Here it's "gopher paws, in a light cream sauce."

Old 08-23-2010, 02:20 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,064,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Consider yourself lucky she told you fish. When we were children and asked our mother, "what's for dinner?" she would respond "poison and slop."
We had a lot of "hope with faith dumplings." Basically, it was mom's way of letting us know it was RUDE to ask what was for dinner. If either of my kids said "AND???" to me like that I'd have probably ignored them too. It wouldn't have led to a screaming argument but it might have led to them being uninvited to dinner if they didn't take the hint the first time and continued to be rude by saying it again.

OP, If you want to be respected you should first be respectful. Then you should conduct yourself in a respectable manner...ALL THE TIME. You need work on both of those areas. Even if you don't get the same in return you can still hold your head high but you get down in the gutter and put yourself on the same level as your mother and brother...and then you complain about how bad they are. You come here and post, hoping we will agree with you but you just crawled out of the gutter....to us you all look the same...all disrespectful to each other, all having immature and bad attitudes, each of you contributing to the dysfunction in the home. Time to move out, get out of the gutter and make a distinction IF you are really a different kind of person.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:33 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,756,808 times
It's like an illegal drug, isn't it? We get sucked into all the stupid drama and then feel compelled to post to try to tell txt*drama*queen how to grow up. Just can't walk away from it...

If you can't make it a few hours on your feet in retail sales (as a healthy young woman) without your feet killing you and complaining about how you need to sit down... you definately SHOULD NOT even consider trying to become a police officer. I guarantee they spend way more time on their feet than 6 hours a day on average. Sounds to me that your various health issues will keep you out of the academy anyway... bone spurs, "tennis elbow", etc... you likely won't even pass the physical to enter. Makes me wonder about my life's expectations... I'm on my feet all night (work graveyard), do some cleaning when I get home (after I get kids off to school), pay the bills, do the grocery shopping, sleep while everyone is gone, make dinner when I get up, etc... what I would consider a basic working-mom's schedule. And I am NOWHERE near the age of 21.

Your posts are so full of contradictions. I don't think you even remember what you posted months ago... and then make a statement that says something else (where your room is located in the house, who's paying for your schooling, etc...). It just gets old. Take the hint - parenting doesn't want your drama anymore and relationships threw you out too. Why not go find a nice drama-filled teen forum that will revel in all the angst and drama with you? Other teens may also tell you what you really want to hear... "you are the victim" "your Mom is a horrible abusive person" "you should be treated with much more respect than you are" " you've done nothing wrong". The adults here just don't have the patience for your whining.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:03 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
It's like an illegal drug, isn't it? We get sucked into all the stupid drama and then feel compelled to post to try to tell txt*drama*queen how to grow up. Just can't walk away from it...

If you can't make it a few hours on your feet in retail sales (as a healthy young woman) without your feet killing you and complaining about how you need to sit down... you definately SHOULD NOT even consider trying to become a police officer. I guarantee they spend way more time on their feet than 6 hours a day on average. Sounds to me that your various health issues will keep you out of the academy anyway... bone spurs, "tennis elbow", etc... you likely won't even pass the physical to enter. Makes me wonder about my life's expectations... I'm on my feet all night (work graveyard), do some cleaning when I get home (after I get kids off to school), pay the bills, do the grocery shopping, sleep while everyone is gone, make dinner when I get up, etc... what I would consider a basic working-mom's schedule. And I am NOWHERE near the age of 21.

Your posts are so full of contradictions. I don't think you even remember what you posted months ago... and then make a statement that says something else (where your room is located in the house, who's paying for your schooling, etc...). It just gets old. Take the hint - parenting doesn't want your drama anymore and relationships threw you out too. Why not go find a nice drama-filled teen forum that will revel in all the angst and drama with you? Other teens may also tell you what you really want to hear... "you are the victim" "your Mom is a horrible abusive person" "you should be treated with much more respect than you are" " you've done nothing wrong". The adults here just don't have the patience for your whining.
the only way to truly say this is to stop posting on the threads. I'm guilty of it too, though.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:02 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,208 times
Quote:
Your posts are so full of contradictions. I don't think you even remember what you posted months ago... and then make a statement that says something else (where your room is located in the house, who's paying for your schooling, etc...).
This is a great point, that I hadn't thought of until you brought it up. Details in txt's stories change..A LOT. Small details of a story are a huge deal, but when they're always changing (like the examples Sabinerose gave above), I have to question your honesty. Not just on those things, but on this ongoing drama itself.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:20 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,471,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
This is a great point, that I hadn't thought of until you brought it up. Details in txt's stories change..A LOT. Small details of a story are a huge deal, but when they're always changing (like the examples Sabinerose gave above), I have to question your honesty. Not just on those things, but on this ongoing drama itself.

She can't keep track of her stories from day to day or even post to post.

She's an adult with the mentality of a 14 year old. As another poster said, she needs to find a teen forum where she can complain and whine about her mother and they will all feed into her and tell her how wonderful she is and what a horrible old witch her mother is!

Old 08-23-2010, 09:34 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,208 times
Won't let me edit my post now, but I meant to say small details AREN'T a huge deal.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:05 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
txtqueen, like others have said, move out. Unfriend your mother from Facebook. My question to you is why don`t you move out from your mothers house? There is a reason why you refuse to do this and there is a reason why you refuse to go no contact with your mother and sib. What is your reason?
Money for one. I have a job but I don't make near enough to move out.
I only make about $400 a month, that isn't enough at all. That would cover rent and the utilities that are included in there. That covers nothing else. It won't be until I make over $1,000 a month that I would even dream about moving out.

Quote:

If you can't make it a few hours on your feet in retail sales (as a healthy young woman) without your feet killing you and complaining about how you need to sit down... you definately SHOULD NOT even consider trying to become a police officer. I guarantee they spend way more time on their feet than 6 hours a day on average.
That's cute....Do you know how many department's I've rode with...A LOT.
6 hours average on shift....PUHLEASE...
There have been some nights where we didn't even get out of the car unless it was to do a traffic stop or go into 711 to get food or to pee, which the average traffic stop should take about 8 minutes total.

Unless you are on a call, traffic stop or lunch, you hardly ever get out of your car for anything.
The longest call I have ever been on was maybe 4 hours and even then there was a lot of back and forth between the car and the call.

First call was a GTA by 3 16 year olds. It was November and had to be below zero, after all the kids were in the back of the cars, the majority of the time we were sitting in the car.
Second call was a motorcycle vs deer, fatal for both. After reconstructing the scene we went back and forth between sitting in the car.

6 hours no way.
2 1/2 -3 hours for a regular patrol cop and even that is broken up over a 10 hour shift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting