Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2010, 07:23 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,037 times

Advertisements

You cannot let your mother dictate who you are. Once you get more of an understanding why your mother does what she does to you, you will understand that this has nothing to to with you. It`s your mothers issues.Not yours.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:23 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,063,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
txtqueen, again, everything you have just described about your mother is a classic narcissist. They are evil and do hate their offspring. There are a lot of sites that have great info about this. I would recommend that you look them up. It will really help you to understand who and what you are really dealing with as far as your mother goes.
Or, she could just move out and live her own life instead of continuing to stay where she is.

Who here would choose to continue to stay given what she is describing? Not me...I'd rather sleep under a bridge. Or she could move in with a friend or join the military or GO to school somewhere else...but she doesn't. She stays, and stays, and stays for YEARS. Of course it is a challenge and a sacrifice to move out and change...so far it hasn't happened. Yes, people move at different paces but she isn't moving at all. It's not a matter of pace or time, it's a matter of will and guts. I don't believe that she doesn't like the drama, I think she feeds off of it and it defines her and she doesn't have anything better to do with herself....or she would be busy DOING IT instead of here month after month with the same attitude and complaints. Its getting old.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:28 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Or, she could just move out and live her own life instead of continuing to stay where she is.

Who here would choose to continue to stay given what she is describing? Not me...I'd rather sleep under a bridge. Or she could move in with a friend or join the military or GO to school somewhere else...but she doesn't. She stays, and stays, and stays for YEARS. Of course it is a challenge and a sacrifice to move out and change...so far it hasn't happened. Yes, people move at different paces but she isn't moving at all. It's not a matter of pace or time, it's a matter of will and guts. I don't believe that she doesn't like the drama, I think she feeds off of it and it defines her and she doesn't have anything better to do with herself....or she would be busy DOING IT instead of here month after month with the same attitude and complaints. Its getting old.

I would move out but I have $394.63 to my name. I need to save up a bit more and get a second job and try to find a cheap used car, when THAT happens I'll go or maybe i'll go before the car...idk.

I actually might have the option to split a room with a friend in a town neighboring mine and might only have to pay $200 a month....MIGHT MAYBE IDK.
But its too far without a car from work, so i'd need a car.

And besides work and school, I have nothing else to do or anywhere to go. I just sit in my room with my door shut and locked and wait till my friends can go hang out and then I leave. I wish I did.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:31 PM

92 posts, read 113,078 times
This (original poster's) person's texts make me so, so glad I don't have children.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigailprettycat View Post
This (original poster's) person's texts make me so, so glad I don't have children.
Of course because my mom is such a sweet person and bakes me cookies all the time and supports me every step of the way and is never verbally abusive or vile towards me. She's just a ball of sunshine and is always pleasant to be around.

Nope, im the horrible monster who doesn't appreciate the sweet person in my life who unconditionally loves me and accepts me the way I am...

RARWRWRWRWR

Old 08-24-2010, 07:34 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I would move out but I have $394.63 to my name. I need to save up a bit more and get a second job and try to find a cheap used car, when THAT happens I'll go or maybe i'll go before the car...idk.

I actually might have the option to split a room with a friend in a town neighboring mine and might only have to pay $200 a month....MIGHT MAYBE IDK.
But its too far without a car from work, so i'd need a car.
You'd have 396.87 if you didn't buy those rubber bands that 3rd graders trade when they're not trying to imitate Miley Cyrus.

And instead of spending gas money (which you say you pay for) going to sit in your girlfriend's hot tub, you could be home, looking for jobs on the internet. Or studying. No, you don't "deserve" a break. You don't "deserve" time in a hot tub. It's a luxury you haven't earned yet. You're still in debt. You're still covering the cost of existing as a human being. Once you've covered that, THEN you can take a well-deserved rest.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
And I'm sure your attitude is always perfect and you would never bash your parent(s) on FB.
I think both of you need to grow up.
Naw the OP bashes her mother here on CD often enough. About the maturity comments, it is evident that the rotten acorn hasn't fallen far from the tree. Quite the dysfunctional family with a daughter who is a self-absorbed professional whiner.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You'd have 396.87 if you didn't buy those rubber bands that 3rd graders trade when they're not trying to imitate Miley Cyrus.

And instead of spending gas money (which you say you pay for) going to sit in your girlfriend's hot tub, you could be home, looking for jobs on the internet. Or studying. No, you don't "deserve" a break. You don't "deserve" time in a hot tub. It's a luxury you haven't earned yet. You're still in debt. You're still covering the cost of existing as a human being. Once you've covered that, THEN you can take a well-deserved rest.
That hot tub incident was WAY BACK when I was like 18/19.
And she came and picked me up BTW. I wasted no gas.

This week alone, i've put like $40 in my mom's truck and that's just so she can take my brother to school and run daily errands.

I won't let you make me feel bad for HAVING A LIFE AT 21.
I am not going to spend every waking minute of my life right now doing nothing but studying and job hunting.
I turn 21 tomorrow, im not just going to pat myself on my back and go about my day, I am going to go have fun this week and this weekend.
I am going to go to work and school and do what I need to do to succeed at them and I am going to job hunt.
That doesn't mean that I am not going to go spend time with my friends, or go out and drink with my friends.

I missed having a normal childhood and teenage years.
I AM NOT MISSING OUT ON HAVING A NORMAL YOUNG ADULTHOOD.
You can go pound sand if you think I am going to throw away these years of my life and be any more miserable than I have to be.

I downright refuse to spend every waking moment working, class, studying, school or job hunting. I AM GOING TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE GOD DAMMIT.

And you know what, this is BS, most you have to say is BS.
I am posting this. I am locking my laptop, shutting it and walking away and have a FAN****INGTASTIC night with my friends because I am on vacation, I have an 8 day vacation from work, I have vacation days, it's nice. I am going to have fun and you can go blank yourself.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:47 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,037 times
Ncyank, A lot of people stay in bad relationships for one reason or another. There are so many dynamics that goes on that it can be complicated. She's only 21 and by the time she is 30, she might have a different perspective on things. I believe that they only way a person is motivated to change is to be truely sick in tired of living the way that their living. Again, that`s usually not in our time frame but that other persons. Sure it can be frustrating because you know what needs to be done to rid the problem.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:51 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Of course because my mom is such a sweet person and bakes me cookies all the time and supports me every step of the way and is never verbally abusive or vile towards me. She's just a ball of sunshine and is always pleasant to be around.

Nope, im the horrible monster who doesn't appreciate the sweet person in my life who unconditionally loves me and accepts me the way I am...

RARWRWRWRWR
I tend to believe that your mom has issues and doesn't always treat you the way she should. You need to realize that you can't control your mother or your brother. All you can control is you. Rise above it. Be the bigger person. Don't add to the drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.