Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 05:50 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,448,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
that cracked me up!

I always appreciate it when someone gets my humor!

Old 11-04-2010, 05:51 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,229,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I think I need some Vodka and I don't even drink
Try a shot of vodka w/ grapfruit juice and a splash of cranberry (it's called a Seabreeze), and you just might take up drinking.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:52 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,335,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Try a shot of vodka w/ grapfruit juice and a splash of cranberry (it's called a Seabreeze), and you just might take up drinking.

OOooooooo sounds good. I do like vermouth though.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:56 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,229,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
OOooooooo sounds good. I do like vermouth though.
Just remember, drink in MODERATION!

Old 11-04-2010, 05:58 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Cammomile tea anyone?.......perhaps some Tension "Tamer? Trust me, it's fabulous with a bit of honey....and I make a MEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAANNN peanut butter cookie! Perhaps some of my homemade cranberry bread, pumpkin bread? Anyone else want to join me for some peaceful, relaxation? Kind words, no exercise, like getting worked up over little things, jumping to conclusions? LOL

If I have learned ANYTHING around here, it's to not take things too personally. Sometimes that tough..especially if you're having a bad day already...stressed out about life. Let's just remember, we're all in the same boat here. We don't want to have threads shut down and we all need to help each other out here. Life is tough, we need support....let's be some for each other, 'kay? I love you guys and truly appreciate your input and support as well as your passion and y'all's sense of humor.
OMG YOU THREATEN TO BRING PEANUTBUTTER TO THIS PARTY I AM INSULTED YOU HATEFUL MEAN PERSON YOU!!!111111 MY CHILD WILL GET IT OVER TEH INTARWEBZ!!! Stop posting this instant. And I know you're the one who gave me the last 600 points of negative reps...so stop trying to hide it.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:05 PM

7 posts, read 14,565 times
Quote:
Parents seem to seek parenting threads when they need opinions or help w/ their child. Like someone else said, most don't post to say what a wonderful kid they have. I was a member of a forum years ago, and actually had a couple posters strike out at me because I was happy. They didn't like that I had nothing negative to say about my marriage or my little girl (at that time). Everyone else seemed to come on the forum to complain, and all I wanted to do is share the new milestone my daughter achieved, yet no one wanted to hear that. Didn't take me long to move on.
Kahsyke, unfortunately some live off of misery, complain, moan and belly ache. For some, having a wonderful story about their children, or life in general, makes them angry because they have nothing nice to say or do. For instance, remember that one umpire that took away a perfect game from a pitcher when it was a mistake? He made a sincere apology to the ball player. It was recognized but for a brief moment and dropped like a hot potato the next. Forward march to messy reality shows. They attract people of disdain to make them feel not as crazy as they would like to admit; a sense of self justification for every negative thing they say and do. These are the same people that will criticize parents for raising their children up to opining that they should be reported to child services. We may not agree on how one's children are raised but that is what makes unique parenting and their own personal business. We as a society need less criticism and more understanding. Lord knows it would make for a better economy. By the way, I am glad you are proud of your children's efforts. Good for you!

Old 11-04-2010, 06:17 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,510,271 times
Most the of the threads that are started are either for suggestions, complaints or completely off the wall/looking for drama.
I've rarely seen a post directly started for positive means. If it is, it doesn't get much action as some have stated.
Look at the first page...bomb threats, bad girls who become strict mothers, daycare called cPS on me and some hot topics.
To pretend some don't post for sheer effect is naive.

I've always called it as I "read" it. Whether I am right all the time, probably not. But when someone posts something on a public internet forum asking for opinions, be ready for responses. When they continually attack back if a negative response is garnished, it sends up a red flag in my opinion.

There have been some great posts on here. There was an interesting discussion going on about shellfish & how to handle the safe snack lists that those w/ school age children are seeing more & more of. I always read the vaccine posts & have to say I have learned a lot from them as well as some on cosleeping & homeschooling.

I remember way back a post about lacrosse costs & how fun it is for teeangers & that one was fun.

Overall, nope, don't see a lot of negativity. A lot of drama, pot stirring, and extreme defensiveness borderlining mentally unhealthy, & I have definitely have done my fair share of pot stirring, but when 2 & 2 is not adding up. Everyone has .....

There have been so many posters who just post to see what happens and some who have started great threads. It's a matter of weeding it out.

If a poster literally gets livid over posts of this forum, it is probably the best they seek out some help and stay off the internet for awhile. The internet is a true addiction for some.

I'm beyond proud of my boys & have an awesome husband who works his tail off to provide for us. I also have boys who throw tantrums, fight & sleepless nights w/ projectile vomit & fevers @ 3am. Wouldn't change my life though I would like an island in the kitchen & a round table.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:36 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,720,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
OMG YOU THREATEN TO BRING PEANUTBUTTER TO THIS PARTY I AM INSULTED YOU HATEFUL MEAN PERSON YOU!!!111111 MY CHILD WILL GET IT OVER TEH INTARWEBZ!!! Stop posting this instant. And I know you're the one who gave me the last 600 points of negative reps...so stop trying to hide it.

Okay, Okay, busted!! It was me....it was MEEEEEEEE!! and it was SO mean!! LOL Okay..little word of advice....keep that epi-pen handy!!

Old 11-04-2010, 06:43 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,720,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Most the of the threads that are started are either for suggestions, complaints or completely off the wall/looking for drama.
I've rarely seen a post directly started for positive means. If it is, it doesn't get much action as some have stated.
Look at the first page...bomb threats, bad girls who become strict mothers, daycare called cPS on me and some hot topics.
To pretend some don't post for sheer effect is naive.

I've always called it as I "read" it. Whether I am right all the time, probably not. But when someone posts something on a public internet forum asking for opinions, be ready for responses. When they continually attack back if a negative response is garnished, it sends up a red flag in my opinion.

There have been some great posts on here. There was an interesting discussion going on about shellfish & how to handle the safe snack lists that those w/ school age children are seeing more & more of. I always read the vaccine posts & have to say I have learned a lot from them as well as some on cosleeping & homeschooling.

I remember way back a post about lacrosse costs & how fun it is for teeangers & that one was fun.

Overall, nope, don't see a lot of negativity. A lot of drama, pot stirring, and extreme defensiveness borderlining mentally unhealthy, & I have definitely have done my fair share of pot stirring, but when 2 & 2 is not adding up. Everyone has .....

There have been so many posters who just post to see what happens and some who have started great threads. It's a matter of weeding it out.

If a poster literally gets livid over posts of this forum, it is probably the best they seek out some help and stay off the internet for awhile. The internet is a true addiction for some.

I'm beyond proud of my boys & have an awesome husband who works his tail off to provide for us. I also have boys who throw tantrums, fight & sleepless nights w/ projectile vomit & fevers @ 3am. Wouldn't change my life though I would like an island in the kitchen & a round table.
Honestly, even some of the threads which have been started by "trolls", have turned out to be some pretty good materials. (Hangs head here)...I admit, I have stirred a pot or two in my time as well. Okay...back on the threads....yeah, you know, even if someone throws something out there to get a reaction, people respond to it. Why? Because it's a viable discussion topic.

Admittedly, there have clearly been a few posters who are just flat out mean and hateful. They're probably sitting at home, no one to talk to, no flesh and blood human being will spend any time with them (always busy), so they get on the internet to find someone to have a pi$$ing contest with. Oh well.....most of us have pi$$ed with the best of them. I gotta hand it to some of the armchair detectives on here who can smell a "troll" a mile away though! Goooooooooo detectives! LOL

Old 11-04-2010, 06:48 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,914,826 times
Quote:
I like Lake Breezes
  • Splash of Coconut Liqueur
  • 4 oz. Cranberry Juice
  • 2 oz. Pineapple Juice
  • Lemon-Lime Soda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting