Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 05:11 PM

208 posts, read 271,152 times

Advertisements

I'm sure that this is a give and get respect situation...

Oh, and by the way, I largely find this place useful. I'm sure it's all in the approach.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:22 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,232,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Anyways As I was saying this is really not the most supportive forum in the world for parents. A lot of people are genuinely helpful and I appreciate that but the minority of people who do nothing but judge and ridicule end up ruining it for the rest. But that's their goal so....
lisalan, I PM'd you a while back w/ a link to a very informative parenting forum that is broken into age groups and has threads on every possible parenting problem. There's even one on advanced preschoolers that I'm sure you'd find interesting.

I do enjoy your threads/posts here, but why must everyone of them either get locked or end w/ drama?

Old 11-04-2010, 05:31 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,799,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Barware anyone? Or tea? Yes, tea would probably be better....DewDrop? Got any of that tea left? You might want to rethink the good china for a bit though...
Can I crash the party. I don't want tea, tho. Can I bring two bottles of wine. How about a fruit platter.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:31 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,729,361 times
Cammomile tea anyone?.......perhaps some Tension "Tamer? Trust me, it's fabulous with a bit of honey....and I make a MEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAANNN peanut butter cookie! Perhaps some of my homemade cranberry bread, pumpkin bread? Anyone else want to join me for some peaceful, relaxation? Kind words, no exercise, like getting worked up over little things, jumping to conclusions? LOL

If I have learned ANYTHING around here, it's to not take things too personally. Sometimes that tough..especially if you're having a bad day already...stressed out about life. Let's just remember, we're all in the same boat here. We don't want to have threads shut down and we all need to help each other out here. Life is tough, we need support....let's be some for each other, 'kay? I love you guys and truly appreciate your input and support as well as your passion and y'all's sense of humor.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:34 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,232,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
If I have learned ANYTHING around here, it's to not take things too personally. Sometimes that tough..especially if you're having a bad day already...stressed out about life. Let's just remember, we're all in the same boat here. We don't want to have threads shut down and we all need to help each other out here. Life is tough, we need support....let's be some for each other, 'kay? I love you guys and truly appreciate your input and support as well as your passion and y'all's sense of humor.
Love ya back!

Old 11-04-2010, 05:34 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,339,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Lol, I never get upset when people don't agree with me. Ever. I get snippy with the "uppitys" But, rather than bang my head against a wall at your utter and complete delusion and hypocrisy...I shall try and join the tea party. I just hope it is okay that I brought brandy.

I think I need some Vodka and I don't even drink

Old 11-04-2010, 05:35 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Can I crash the party. I don't want tea, tho. Can I bring two bottles of wine. How about a fruit platter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Cammomile tea anyone?.......perhaps some Tension "Tamer? Trust me, it's fabulous with a bit of honey....and I make a MEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAANNN peanut butter cookie! Perhaps some of my homemade cranberry bread, pumpkin bread? Anyone else want to join me for some peaceful, relaxation? Kind words, no exercise, like getting worked up over little things, jumping to conclusions? LOL

Sure! Anyone know yoga? I hear it's really relaxing and good for you..just don't ask me to put my leg around my neck or anything.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:35 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,339,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
lisalan, I PM'd you a while back w/ a link to a very informative parenting forum that is broken into age groups and has threads on every possible parenting problem. There's even one on advanced preschoolers that I'm sure you'd find interesting.

I do enjoy your threads/posts here, but why must everyone of them either get locked or end w/ drama?

Thanks. I enjoy your posts as well. I know the answer to that one.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:36 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,958,890 times
Quote:
The ones with all the fiber? Bring a few of those too.
That cracked me up!

Old 11-04-2010, 05:43 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,729,361 times
Quote:
Sure! Anyone know yoga? I hear it's really relaxing and good for you..just don't ask me to put my leg around my neck or anything.
I promise......no leg around the neck requests. Hell, I can barely stand up after sitting down after more than 30 minutes. I wouldn't ask you to do anything I wouldn't do myself! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting