Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 05:08 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,189,775 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I type posts online that are taken the wrong way. What I have found is that some people are quick to see the negative and some are not. Some are willing to asking for clarification, some are not. This happens in real life, at least were I live.

As far as people who posted positive things about their children (but not as an obvious comparison to other children as in competition), also tended to be the same people who were polite, fair and helpful to me. Many of who have replied to this thread.

Last edited by crisan; 11-03-2010 at 05:27 PM..

Old 11-03-2010, 05:42 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
lisa, I agree. They are cowards.

Thank-you. I also thank-you for being very kind in all your responses to my posts and for not being judgmental As I said before there really are some nice people on here. Too bad the minority seems to ruin it for the majority.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:22 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,358,488 times
No one has control over what others say, however you can control whether it affects you on an emotional level. No one "ruins" anything here. If something is offensive to you or you strongly disagree with it, then simply move on and don't let it ruin your experience. There are other attitudes and beliefs out there as hard as that may be to understand but alas that's what makes the world go round. No sense getting into a pissing contest with someone you will never agree with.

Maciesmom: I'll buy you a gin and tonic.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:23 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Thank-you. I also thank-you for being very kind in all your responses to my posts and for not being judgmental As I said before there really are some nice people on here. Too bad the minority seems to ruin it for the majority.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: DON'T LET THOSE PEOPLE GET TO YOU! By firing back angry responses, you're just digging the hole deeper and deeper. My tip is if you're really that angry about something someone said to you: type out your "rage filled" message, go offline for an hour or so, and then come back on and look at your respone. If you still feel that way, then go ahead and send it. But I can assure you that 80% of the time, you will realize that your message is way out of line, and you'll tone it down quite a bit.

And that goes for everyone, not just you!

Old 11-04-2010, 11:08 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
You are so right. I can't even say my child is advanced for her age verbally If you complain about your kids people respond with "Oh she never says aything nice about her kids." You talk about what they are doing well and you get "Oh you think your child is advanced but she's really not." You can't win.
You didn't get criticized for saying that. You were criticized for being insensitive to the other child in the scenario.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:54 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
You didn't get criticized for saying that. You were criticized for being insensitive to the other child in the scenario.
^^^ Ditto.

The bright kid vs. the slow little boy.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:07 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
^^^ Ditto.

The bright kid vs. the slow little boy.
You forgot the gang of kids who teamed up on David the monster playing tag.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:18 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renovating View Post
Scroll down the threads and almost all of them are negative on this forum...why is this? Why does CD draw such angry people, always trying to paint children in such a negative way?
Perhaps it's because most people coming here are at a loss. If someone comes on here asking what to do about their child, maybe they're hoping that someone has found the magic solution for straightening their child out. Maybe they just desperately need to vent, before they duct tape the little bugger's mouth and padlock their bedroom door! Maybe they need to come vent here before they duct tape their NEIGHBOR'S little bugger to the back fence!

Let's face it, how many people are going to read posts entitled, "My daughter is so kind, so talented, never talks back, is always respectful of everyone, AND set up her OWN homework schedule so that she can always be ahead on her schoolwork. She has never brought home less than an A. What should I do about having "too perfect" a child?" Someone PLEASE help me!

Old 11-04-2010, 02:36 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Let's face it, how many people are going to read posts entitled, "My daughter is so kind, so talented, never talks back, is always respectful of everyone, AND set up her OWN homework schedule so that she can always be ahead on her schoolwork. She has never brought home less than an A. What should I do about having "too perfect" a child?" Someone PLEASE help me!
Quit talking about my kid!

Old 11-04-2010, 02:39 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Quit talking about my kid!
Your kid? I could swear she was talking about my daughter....!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting