Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 09:30 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
You are the perfect parent! We all wish we could be like you!

I know, it's tough being me with all this perfection.

I never responded to your DS having a melt down in the park, but my DS had a public melt down the other day, it wasn't pretty me dragging this foot stomping, eye-roller away from his friends. It happens, less frequently as they get older, but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
LOL!

Yes...DS wants long hair too... or as the kids say "flow" ...as in "Jake has some sweet flow..." Unfortunately for DS, he doesn't have the right kind of hair for "flow"...he got his mom's coarse and wavy hair...if he lets it grow it just gets "big". He tries every now and then. Eventually it just gets too hot for him and he cuts it off.

I think I will let DS just grow a fro and see what happens. I keep telling him he can only grow his hair once the hygiene improves a bit.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Okay - you had me really giggling! I remember those days - when they can be in the shower until the hot water runs out but their hair is still greasy....
I have been known to send said smelly boy back into the cold shower to apply suds.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:35 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I know, it's tough being me with all this perfection.

I never responded to your DS having a melt down in the park, but my DS had a public melt down the other day, it wasn't pretty me dragging this foot stomping, eye-roller away from his friends. It happens, less frequently as they get older, but still...

I think I will let DS just grow a fro and see what happens. I keep telling him he can only grow his hair once the hygiene improves a bit.
DS has done some "interesting" things with his hair over the years. He never really go a chance to do much about growing it until HS. His youth football coach really got on the boys if they had long hair. Once he was done with that he decided to try growing it out...he usually gets annoyed with it eventually. We go through this about once a year. I'm pretty open when it comes to hair (although, I'm not above mentioning my preference or imposing timeframes - in fact, just tonight, he mentioned growing his hair and I DID say not until after senior pictures are done...). Just like I had to tell him that the "Friar Tuck/Tim Tebow rookie hazing cut" had to wait until AFTER grandma's visit at Thanksgiving. The day after Thanksgiving though, he shaved the middle of his head bald and left the sides all long. That didn't last but a few days. Thankfully.

He has a friend who when his hair is long he does tend to get the "white 'fro". Funnily enough, he also bears a resemblance to the main character in Napolean Dynamite. So of course that's what we all called him. I think it was a few months before I knew his real name...

Old 06-14-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Just like I had to tell him that the "Friar Tuck/Tim Tebow rookie hazing cut" had to wait until AFTER grandma's visit at Thanksgiving. The day after Thanksgiving though, he shaved the middle of his head bald and left the sides all long. That didn't last but a few days. Thankfully.
The visual on that one is not too pretty!

Old 06-14-2011, 09:43 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Quote:
The visual on that one is not too pretty!
Oh Zimbo...it was hideous. But he is a huge Tim Tebow fan and had been saying he was going to do it once his hair got long...so he got to the point he had to put up or shut up. To make matters worse, he had a friend do it at home and it was a horrible job. He will never ever live that down. My family NEVER forgets anything which can later be used to tease and humiliate you later (only in a good way though). That story will be passed down to his children eventually.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Oh Zimbo...it was hideous. But he is a huge Tim Tebow fan and had been saying he was going to do it once his hair got long...so he got to the point he had to put up or shut up. To make matters worse, he had a friend do it at home and it was a horrible job. He will never ever live that down. My family NEVER forgets anything which can later be used to tease and humiliate you later (only in a good way though). That story will be passed down to his children eventually.
Haha! That's excellent! Of course that is great ammunition, I hope you have some pictures?

I had a glorious mullet in the early 80's, and DH kindly posted pictures of it on FB!

Old 06-14-2011, 10:04 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Bwaaahhahhaaa!

Old 06-14-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Bwaaahhahhaaa!
Who are you laughing at chicka?

Old 06-14-2011, 10:21 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Who are you laughing at chicka?
All a ya. Ya all are silly.

(But I really want to see your mullet!)

Old 06-14-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
(But I really want to see your mullet!)
Nu-uh!

And anyway, puhlease, don't try to tell us you didn't have some glorified hair along the way? Methinks you did!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting