Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 09:46 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times

Advertisements

Dew - it's sad to me too. I wonder what is next. May be even more exciting. I wish my son had been home this morning to watch.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:48 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,587 times
I am very glad that as a kid I got to see several shuttle launches. It is only a couple of hours away. My grandma also lives very close to the launch site, so during a launch, everything in the house would start shaking. If we didn't drive over to watch the launch, the shaking house would be our signal to go outside and watch the shuttle.

I am sad that that is an experience that my DD and future generations will miss out on.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:49 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
Clear example of where there is a will, there is a way, would be Hopes' son. Despite an anxiety disorder, he managed to get a job. best of luck to him.

You know Txt, you think you have it rough, yet so many others are worse off. You do have a support system in your grandmother. You do have a roof over your head, transportation, and food( the truly important things). It would be wonderful to have a relationship with your mother, but the lack of that alone shouldn't stop you from making your own way. Once you begin to act like an adult, you can approach her woman to woman instead of mother to child.

BTW, it is very easy and inexpensive to get medical insurance at your age, and it can be done online.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:50 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
WE tried to see the shuttle launch once. It was delayed so long we had to return home, and have always regretted it.

Off to the mountains to pick blueberries. Have a good one all.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:52 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
num - I was just thinking this morning that I wish we had taken a trip to experience one shuttle launch with our son. Since he was little he talked about space. He's one of those kids that never stopped talking about it. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for him.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:01 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
We could hear the Shuttle landings when they set down in CA. There was a double sonic boom that shook the windows. I used to always shout, "Welcome home!" to the skies.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:13 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I am very glad that as a kid I got to see several shuttle launches. It is only a couple of hours away. My grandma also lives very close to the launch site, so during a launch, everything in the house would start shaking. If we didn't drive over to watch the launch, the shaking house would be our signal to go outside and watch the shuttle.

I am sad that that is an experience that my DD and future generations will miss out on.
that's really cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
We could hear the Shuttle landings when they set down in CA. There was a double sonic boom that shook the windows. I used to always shout, "Welcome home!" to the skies.
I remember the sonic booms over CA when I was a kid.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:31 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Hi all.

Fab day to everyone.

Hopes, you must be very proud of your son.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:40 AM

Took my car to the drive-thru car wash. There was a line, lol. All of looking like survivors of some dust apocalypse. I paid for "The Works" and it still didn't get all the mud off. Crazy.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Look im sorry I frustrate you guys so much.

But I hate my life so much right now.

I just want my mom to care and respect things about me and like for who I am.

I just want to find happiness and someone show some compassion for once.

I am so depressed and I think I have hit a breaking point.

Sure, I could go off and struggle and start my own life but I won't make if I don't have friends and family around who care.

But I am very depressed, extremely depressed.
I've been thinking about this, txt:

1) Yes, you frustrate me because you don't listen. And you feel so dang sorry for yourself it makes my head spin.

2) Your mom may NEVER care about you. Accept that and move on. Not everybody gets the loving family. Walk out the door and build your own life like adults do every single day.

3) We ALL want happiness. You have to make your own. No one hands it to you. The way to receive compassion is to show compassion.

4) You probably have clinical depression. GET HELP! See a counselor, psychiatrist, psychologist. Join a support group of people your age. Spend some time finding help in your area. It's there.

5) Yes you CAN go off and start your own life. What does it matter if you don't have friends and family who care? Care about yourself. Do it for yourself. People come from worse families than yours and make themselves happy and successful. (Trust me on this one.)

Everybody on this board has had tragedy and grief and loss and sickness and dealt with horrible things. What makes you think you are so special you shouldn't have to?

I really wish you the best, txt, but your future is in your own hands. Your mother has nothing to do with it.

BTW: I think the very fact that people respond to your posts and try to offer you advice shows that people care about you. You just need to knock it off with the complaints and all the feeling sorry for yourself because NO ONE is going to want to help you. We all have enough problems of our own. We support each other on this chat thread and on this board. It's too draining to try and deal with someone who doesn't apprecitate the advice and does nothing to change her situation.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-08-2011 at 01:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.