Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:59 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
What part of "yes, many cases clear up on their own" don't you get? Don't get me wrong, I feel bad that in your case it went from a viruses to an infection, but that isnt the case of most people who have HPV. I truly am sorry for what you had to go through, but it still deosn't change MY stance on this issue.
The point you are missing is that it's a total crap shoot. You had the virus, and it could very easily have progressed. There's absolutely no way of knowing when, and to whom that will happen.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:24 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,758,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
now it's life threatening?
Any vaccine can be life threatening.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:30 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
The medical doctor in this video is a very good physician. I've communicated with her on FB and found her to be of such caliber that if I lived in her city I'd choose her to treat my family. Don't be freaked-out that the one video I found first of her on youtube was with this radio dude from Austin, Texas that also does shows on conspiracy theories. I am unashamedly bringing this video because I have had experience with this doc.

Dangerous HPV Vaccinations Forced on Boys with Dr. Sherri Tenpenny 1/2 - YouTube

Old 02-01-2012, 10:39 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
The medical doctor in this video is a very good physician. I've communicated with her on FB and found her to be of such caliber that if I lived in her city I'd choose her to treat my family. Don't be freaked-out that the one video I found first of her on youtube was with this radio dude from Austin, Texas that also does shows on conspiracy theories. I am unashamedly bringing this video because I have had experience with this doc.
"The depopulation agenda"....are you kidding me, this is very entertaining, but scary and inaccurate. Tenpenny is a DO who once worked in Emergency Medicine. No experience in infectious diseases, no experience in immunology, no experience in pharmacology.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:47 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:

Dangerous HPV Vaccinations Forced on Boys with Dr. Sherri Tenpenny 1/2 - YouTube
Just for clarity she is a doctor of osteopathy not a medical doctor.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:48 PM

Tenpenny is a gal with a ton of wisdom. She's right about the shot. It was pushed by our Texas governor, and it only affects, I think it is FOUR types of HPV and there are HOW many??

Nah, shot after shot.....Big Pharma shall keep inventing shots for things until the population is shot continually just as kids are overdrugged for, often simply "acting like kids."

Old 02-01-2012, 10:51 PM

For clarity, she IS a medical doctor. Her type of doctor IS a medical doctor and they are excellent "family doctors."

If I lived in her city I would choose her as mine, and feel safe and secure. She treats patients and families just as any other doctor can, and others do.

Here, I see you erased/deleted your one post, and that's okay of course.

This can help you and any readers understand the validity of Osteopaths being fully, Physicians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_osteopathy

Old 02-01-2012, 10:52 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Nope, it is a fact that most people who get HPV will simply fight it off. Of those who have issues, like I did, related to HPV, most will be treatable.

Look at your stats? 50% don't get the virus at all. Of the 50% who do, 90% fight it off. That means that 95% of the people out there don't need this vaccine. We're not talking about something like measels or mumps that spreads easily and you'll see high numbers of cases of serious issues. We're talking a small percentage of the population. What's really happening here is the vaccine manufacturer is making lots of money selling vaccinations to everyone when only a small percentage of the population would even benefit from the vaccine and then it's questionable if they'd actually benefit.

Now if they said my dd would never have to have a pap smear...I'd rethink this one. The fact is, most issues can be detected with a routine pap smear and treated.
Fifty percent of the sexually active population is about 20 million people in the US. Another 6 million become infected each year. It is common and it is easily transmitted. To say otherwise is absolutely not true.

The absolute number of HPV associated cancers is relatively small.

The number of abnormal Pap smears is high. It is expensive to evaluate those abnormal smears, the biopsies needed are painful, and treatment for abnormal smears can rarely cause fertility problems. It is possible to have false negative Pap smears. That is why most gynecologists now offer HPV testing to supplement the Pap smear. Take the vaccine and the likelihood of having an abnormal Pap becomes very small. You escape the worry and the discomfort of having an abnormal smear.

The vaccine is pretty near 100% effective against the included strains.

And some of the "issues", including anal cancer and throat cancer are not going to be picked up by Pap smears. I do not know of any men who have Pap smears. Their anal and throat cancers are not going to be diagnosed until they are actual cancers.

Being treated for warts is no picnic, either. It is painful and for some people recrrences are common. there are millions of people whose warts do not go away without being treated. Pregnancy can really make them grow, sometimes to the point that a Cesarean is recommended. Not to mention that warts can be a big turn-off to a partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
If that is the only reason, I agree it is ludicrous. I was looking for a real risk. If there isn't one I'd say it is very irresponsible to fail to protect your child from something that is preventable.
The problems tied to the HPV vaccines are mainly sore arms from the shot and an increased risk of fainting spells compared to some other vaccines. Doctors know about the fainting spells and patients can be observed to make sure that there are not falls and injuries related to fainting. You will read anecdotal stories all over the internet that allege the vaccine causes all sorts of awful illnesses. So far, there is no scientific evidence to support that HPV vaccines cause any of those problems. The vaccines are very safe and very effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Sure, some naysayers dont want that vaccine or the vaccine for their children for that reason, but that isnt the reason for all people who choose not to get this vaccine. HPV vacc is only for 4 strains out of the HUNDREDS of HPV viruses and it is not 100% effective even against the 4 strains it is supposed to prevent from occurring in the body. It isnt 100% effective against STDs either. Also, it hasn't been in trial long enough and the side effects studied long enough for me to warrant taking the vaccine myself or having my child take. People are allowed to have different opinions on vaccines and name calling doesn't make ones persons opinion any better than the person they name calling
The strains in the vaccines are the ones that cause most of the cancers and warts. it is not necessary to protect against the many strains that do not cause disease. The strains in the vaccine are associated with the majority of HPV associated cancers (and with Gardasil, the majority of warts.)

And the vaccines are pretty near 100% effective against the strains in the vaccine, with some significant cross-protection against a few strains that are not in the vaccines.

I do not know why people think that vaccines are not tested before they are offered to the general public. The HPV vaccines have been extensively tested and found to be safe and effective.

What makes one person's opinion more valid than another's is the evidence to back it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Not really true. Those who choose monogamous sexually active relationships are not exposed to all the many STD's. The HPV vaccine provides a false sense of safety -- people think the vaccine will prevent all HPV infections and they can go out and have sex with everyone they meet and not have to worry about condoms. They can still get HIV, syphillis, hepatitis C and many other diseases.
Actually, condoms do not provide very good protection against HPV because the virus infects skin that is not covered by a condom. There is no reason to suspect that HPV vaccines will promote promiscuity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5150 View Post
I had HPV, I had an irregular pap. I did the routine paps every 3 months for a year and everything worked out fine. My mother had precancerous cells when pregnant with me. They advised her to terminate her pregnancy because it may get worse. She didnt (thank goodness), after the pregnancy she did the routine checks and fought it off. Now this is definately not an indicator of every person, that would be ridiculous to insinuate. But I will not be vaccinated and wont vaccinate my son or any future daughters because i simply refuse to kill any possible disease my child may ever come in contact with. Our bodies need to be able to create antibodies. If it is something that often results in serious illness or long term negative effects, then I do my research and decide on whether the vaccine is worth the risk But in the case of HPV, the small almost minute strains it combats, not necessarily effectively, if not worth giving my child a new vaccine that does not have a even a generation of proven results and no longitudinal studies of effects for children. Sometimes you just have to let nature take its course. I am not a fear monger and my child has had plenty of vaccines but I dont believe that every germ needs to be killed.
You only create antibodies if you get infected or you take the vaccine. The vaccine causes the body to produce antibodies that prevent infection with the virus and prevent disease.

HPV does cause significant, serious disease. The vaccines prevent the vast majority of the infections that do cause serious, significant disease, and the vaccines are almost 100% effective against the strains in the vaccine, with some cross-protection against a few similar strains.

I keep repeating this because people are implying that the vaccines do not work. That is not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
For what its worth, I agree with you. I had/have HPV. Had a negative papsmear and 6 months later it was clear. *shrug* Every few years i have a singular flare up and its gone. Even with having HPV, I am *not* going to risk my children's lives with this shot.
there are no confirmed deaths due to HPV vaccines. These vaccines are extremely safe.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:54 PM

HPV Gardasil Vaccine Proves Lethal - 47 Girls Now Dead - YouTube

Dangers of HPV Vaccines, Part 2 - YouTube

Old 02-01-2012, 10:56 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
For clarity, she IS a medical doctor. Her type of doctor IS a medical doctor and they are excellent "family doctors."

If I lived in her city I would choose her as mine, and feel safe and secure. She treats patients and families just as any other doctor can, and others do.
You are incorrect medical doctors go through a different school and their degree is an MD. That is what "medical doctor" means. Dr. Tenpenny is a DO. She went to a osteopathic medical school.

What you may mean to say us that she is a physician which she is but even she does not call herself an MD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting