Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 05:39 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scchristi View Post
Do you give the parents the "hairy eyeball" ?

Ask to be moved to another table?

Complain to mangement?

or

Just think kids will be kids and thank goodness it's not yours, lol
Nothing - I try not to pay attention and continue w/my dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 12:12 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,630,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyLiz View Post
Huh?

What "guidance" exactly should a parent offer to a 2-year old who is throwing a tantrum (as two year olds will do from time to time)?

Why so much anger toward parents? Your string of adjectives is just dripping with anger.
If you can't control your child, that is YOUR fault.

Seriously, it's crazy that everyone else has to suffer while eating, since some parents can't control their own spawn.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:23 AM

151 posts, read 272,440 times
I make sure the parent sees me give the evil eye. One time at an expensive restaurant, the father was a massive guy and he actually said, "Whats your problem". I said, "That" and pointed to the child. He was about to get up and ask me to step outside when everyone at my table stood up at the same time and told him to, "Sit the f**k down, you big f*****g monkey". He sat down and I said, "Hey mate, its Nottingham we're in and you will do as you are told". Later, as they were leaving, I told him to leave a large tip. He left £3! I told him to go back to his poor life!

Old 02-03-2009, 12:38 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,630,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry251 View Post
I move, complain and generally throw dirty looks in their directions.

I can't stand kids in restaurants. There's no reason a 2 year old needs to eat out.
Wow, bitter much?

You would have HATED this past week in my area then, since one of the only places in town that had power and heat and water was Tumbleweed, and there were small children everywhere!!!!!

Yeah, some of them were acting out and throwing fits, but due to the situation, it was MORE than understandable.

Would you have rather those children gone w/o a good hot meal, and stayed at home with no power?

Old 02-03-2009, 06:55 PM

71 posts, read 274,577 times
I don't recall any times eating out that got as bad as some are mentioning above - and usually that's because there is enough background noise to mask it. (It's usually cell phone users that are louder than kids...)

My pet peive is at quiet churches that have cry rooms. We usually sit within 2 rows of the cry room 'just in case.' But why don't other parents even consider it? It's kind of hard to pray with a 2 year old screaming bloody murder for 20 minutes.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:31 PM

35 posts, read 101,455 times
Default do you know the child's med. history by looking atthem

i'd never give parents dirty looks unless they were being unkind.

children with special needs and/or emotional problems(not always caused by the adult they're with!!!!) do not have a big sign above their head pointing them out,and families who have to contend with these problems usually feel isolated enough already without others discriminating against them when they try to have a celabratory meal.
or do you expect them to stay home for 18 yrs.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:21 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,234,992 times
One of the following depending on how I feel and the atmosphere
1. Smile to my self and think 'Not my kid'
2. If the parents are stressed by the kids behaviour, I will go and say 'Hi'. 'Don't stress' because bad behaviour gets you down. I know when I let my kids get out of control that it stresses me out.

I would never tell a parent to control their kids.
I would I guess leave if it was too anoying but that has never happened.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:23 PM

42 posts, read 94,880 times
I ignore it the best I can. I'm not going to let an upset child ruin my meal. That's my choice.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 941 times
I just witnessed a woman at a family restaurant in Woodland Hills, CA be very rude to a mom and her two girls - maybe around 5 and 3, and I really should have said something (which is why I am on this message board now). The girls were even saying "thank you" to the busboy clearning a table for them, but I guess they did it too loud. The woman even yelled at the mom, calling her a psycho as she went to get crayons for her kids! Luckily the woman and her boyfriend who looked appalled at her behavior got their food to go. People were laughing, but I felt really bad for the mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting