Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 01:39 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times

Advertisements

I guess he's not coming back...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 07:29 AM

7,348 posts, read 4,134,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
OP is a teenage boy. Not a girl.

From the OP: "I stay in my room most of the time practicing and learning about music. But because im always in my room he complains about "he doesnt do anything" but if someone repeatedly told you that youre not worth their time or you never do anything right you wouldnt want to do anything for them either."
I was replying to another person who thought the OP was a girl.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I guess he's not coming back...
I keep liking your posts. Evidentially, C-D will not allow me to anymore.

You're right about the OP not coming back.

Obviously, what I and others posted, was not what the OP wanted to hear. For that, I am sorry.

It's similar to childs property - Childs Property

Old 04-06-2019, 03:43 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
It's not mom OR DAD'S current SO who puts the child at risk. It is a MAN living with a child who is the child of his woman's previous man. It is a MAN living with a child who is not his child. When was the last time you heard of a stepmother killing her husband's child from a previous relationship?
This time. And many, many other times -https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-2005-07-05-0507040283-story.html

Old 04-06-2019, 05:32 PM

18 posts, read 12,744 times
The situation sounds to me like the step-dad might have some kind of substance abuse issues, or a personality disorder, or something that's off. That's not normal behavior. I'm glad to hear your mom is taking his abusive behavior seriously. Stay in touch with us as things develop, OP.

Old 04-08-2019, 02:40 AM

9 posts, read 5,221 times
Hey so yeah I’m back, and btw I’m a guy. I’m talking to my dad and stepmom about moving there. My mom knows I want to leave an is obviously against it. I get it but I’m pretty sure she’s mentally ill and I don’t want to get a call that she killed herself because I left (which she has talked about when she was angry and it scares the **** out of me.) because she attempted when I was really young. So what do I do? Just worry about me, talk to her on the phone after I leave to keep in touch. Or stay and eat **** for another year cuz I’ll be 17 in like 6 weeks.

Old 04-08-2019, 02:49 AM

And for everybody who’s wondering yes I do do chores around the house yes I do help around I vacuum I clean my room I do dishes and I clean the backyard and do my laundry I used to clean the bathrooms But since my stepdad says I can’t do them right he’ll do them from now on even though when I do them they are clean but not to his standards. ( and when I mean clean I mean no hair on the counters no nothing no toothpaste in the sink toilet scrubbed floors mopped shower is kind of iffy because I’m not exactly the best at scrubbing the showers and I’m willing to admit that)

No I do not claim to be an angel I have my own issues I have my own things that I have to deal with but I still don’t think it’s OK that anybody should be able to treat somebody the way I have described because everybody No matter whether it’s your neighbor or your brother I believe deserve some sort of respect so no I don’t badmouth and constantly talk back to my stepdad, I just avoid him so I don’t have to defend myself when he gets in my face. He’s not my dad. He may be older than me but just because someone is older than you does not constitute the right for them to treat you like **** and you being forced to kiss their ass as they’re doing it.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:12 AM

995 posts, read 510,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs02 View Post
And for everybody who’s wondering yes I do do chores around the house yes I do help around I vacuum I clean my room I do dishes and I clean the backyard and do my laundry I used to clean the bathrooms But since my stepdad says I can’t do them right he’ll do them from now on even though when I do them they are clean but not to his standards. ( and when I mean clean I mean no hair on the counters no nothing no toothpaste in the sink toilet scrubbed floors mopped shower is kind of iffy because I’m not exactly the best at scrubbing the showers and I’m willing to admit that)

No I do not claim to be an angel I have my own issues I have my own things that I have to deal with but I still don’t think it’s OK that anybody should be able to treat somebody the way I have described because everybody No matter whether it’s your neighbor or your brother I believe deserve some sort of respect so no I don’t badmouth and constantly talk back to my stepdad, I just avoid him so I don’t have to defend myself when he gets in my face. He’s not my dad. He may be older than me but just because someone is older than you does not constitute the right for them to treat you like **** and you being forced to kiss their ass as they’re doing it.
The part in bold - make it a chant and repeat it many times a day in your head. He is NOT your father, and you should never, ever think of him as such. This goes for any child who is stuck with a stepparent. They're just an adult in the room, with zero authority over any children who are not theirs. Next time he gives you static, just say those magic words: You're not my father.

I never could understand why people who marry spouses with children who are not their own act like they're a valid parent. They're not, plain and simple. They're just an adult in the room, nothing more ...

On another note, I used to criticize how my parents were rearing me - yes, actual criticism...lol. Guilt trip city, since I knew what buttons to push, every time. Yes, I was a tough kid to raise. I'd been hell on Earth if I'd been stuck with a stepparent - they'd be the one chomping at the bit to get out of the house, not me. Trust me on this one.

Old 04-08-2019, 05:38 PM

I’m just trying to move to my dads where I’m more accepted

Old 04-09-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs02 View Post

Hold your head up high because you are doing what is right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting