Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 03:16 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,196,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
Hear that CLICK-CLICK? That's me.
Is that the old bones? {:>)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 03:17 PM

15,817 posts, read 21,328,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I am a pretty old lady and TPing has been going on since before I was born. Especially around Homecoming time, team wins....or losses, etc. There never use to be a big deal made out of it...everyone more or less understood it was harmless kid stuff. But these last few years I've heard of folks making a huge deal out of it...calling the police, threatening, even one person calling it terrorist vandalism. My gosh folks. Get a grip. If this is the worst thing a kid ever does then that is a mighty good kid.
I guess some of us must be complete angels because we were raised to be *gasp* respectful, considerate people who DON'T break laws and trespass, no matter how benign it may seem.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:19 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,223,586 times
And this is in a parenting furum

Old 06-15-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I've called the police on TPers at my home.

The last time we were TPed, we got hate mail because I heard the kids come up, called the cops, and then took pictures in case they got away before the cops got there (they didn't). Hasn't happened since. That was the summer that we had already been hit twice. My brother and I are in college out of state and do not know people in our neighborhood anymore. In fact, even if it HAD been my brother's friends (since he still had high school friends at that point), my brother wasn't home for either the 2nd time we were TPed or the time I called the police. My parents pretty much stay to themselves and don't exactly incur the wrath of the neighborhood deviants. So basically, we were being TPed because a few bad parents allowed their children to go willy nilly at all hours of the night.

I can't believe there are so many parents on this forum who allow this to happen. I guess we all now know where this generation of rude, inconsiderate, selfish kids is coming from. It might seem like a little thing, but not everyone gets caught and it's absolutely infuriating to leave the other family to clean up the mess of an unknown assailant. Not to mention, it's a waste of paper and (in the cleanup) a waste of water. My town has only just come out of a 2 year drought- we don't need to be wasting water to hose paper out of the trees.
The water falls down to the yard thus the grass and tree get watered, no waste there...

And both of my kids did when they were young and it was in fun, getting one their friends back..

And....

"I guess we all now know where this generation of rude"

If you are talking about our kids, well mine are now 37 and 30... And they are nice adults with young kids of their own now... TP'ing didn't ruin them....LOL

Old 06-15-2009, 03:33 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,608,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidxen View Post
what is t-p ing?
TP'ing is where a group of people take rolls of toilet paper and unravel it, and spread the tp onto someone else's trees/house/bushes/etc... You throw the tp back and forth over the house/trees/bushes/cars/etc... til the thing you are tp'ing is covered in toilet paper.

Harmless prank, IMO. Lots of fun, and it's much better than what some kids could do. Hell, when I was growing up, we made potato cannons, lol! (tater cannons, BTW can make huge dents in car panels, and bust windows in a heartbeat)

I took our DD out for her 1st TP'ing trip when she was 8yrs old. We TP'd a family friend's house, then we TP'd my bosses house, lol. She had a BLAST, and it was clean, harmless fun.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:38 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,689,145 times
T.R.E.S.P.A.S.S.I.N.G.

Inconsiderate.

Water bill?

Going right over, ain't it?

Last edited by 33458; 06-15-2009 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: Creeeeak, crunch...CLICK-CLICK.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
T.R.E.S.P.A.S.S.I.N.G.

Inconsiderate.

Going right over, ain't it?
Not once did me or the wife complain to the parents of the kids that TP'ed our tree and the same the other way...

Everyone always figured out who did it.....NO BIG DEAL....

At least they were robbing the corner store...

And no it would not be T.R.E.S.P.A.S.S.I.N.G.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:54 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,689,145 times
Well, let's look at it this way. Try, for just a minute. The OP asked what we thought of it. Clearly, we think differently.

To you, it's nothing. C'mon kids, come trash my yard and I'll spend an hour cleaning it up. Sure, do it again, too.
That's your thing and your property.

I don't care if this is something they do instead of something else. There is no validity to measuring the degree of offense.

But ME, no. This is my land, my trees, my house and my time. Not yours, nor your children. I, personally, do not desire anyone to feel so free (and uninvited - key to the argument) to come and go about my yard, for whatever reason. Only the genuine wildlife has such a privilege.

Do not set foot on a strangers lot, or even someone known but outside the circle, planning to redecorate and think that they have no reason to find it objectionable. You are on someone else's turf, literally. And should the owners react, they are justified.

Uh, yes. It IS TRESPASSING. Or must I post a sign first, semantics?
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Trespass

=;O

Last edited by 33458; 06-15-2009 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: Not mad at you, just don't come HERE with the Charmin. Whiskey or beer, better.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:12 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,485,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
EGGING is another story... that can eat the varnish off of your car or the finish off your house... you are more than justified in calling the cops on that one if you aske me! I know someone who had $1500 bill to get his car repainted because he had his car egged! Luckily he got the license plate # of the kids doing it and the parents had to pay the bill.... Paint balls and those other air guns that put holes in the vinyl siding are also something I think warrent a call to the police... but Toilet Paper?
Oh so typical of this site...

TP'ng is one thing.

Egging is completely different.

OP didn't ask about egging. OP asked about toilet paper put in a tree.

Eggs can cause serious property damage to homes & cars.

Again, I stand my ground. Guess the other day when we saw a bunch of teenagers knocking over mail boxes with baseball bats as they drove in a car that could be up there with throwing some toilet paper in a tree

I mean I have a tendency to be way too strict & uptight..but getting pissed over toilet paper...honestly...

Old 06-15-2009, 04:14 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,485,293 times
Quote:
Well, let's look at it this way. Try, for just a minute. The OP asked what we thought of it. Clearly, we think differently.

To you, it's nothing. C'mon kids, come trash my yard and I'll spend an hour cleaning it up. Sure, do it again, too.
That's your thing and your property.

I don't care if this is something they do instead of something else. There is no validity to measuring the degree of offense.

But ME, no. This is my land, my trees, my house and my time. Not yours, nor your children. I, personally, do not desire anyone to feel so free (and uninvited - key to the argument) to come and go about my yard, for whatever reason. Only the genuine wildlife has such a privilege.

Do not set foot on a strangers lot, or even someone known but outside the circle, planning to redecorate and think that they have no reason to find it objectionable. You are on someone else's turf, literally. And should the owners react, they are justified.

Uh, yes. It IS TRESPASSING. Or must I post a sign first, semantics?
Trespass legal definition of Trespass. Trespass synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

=;O
Gotta love the good ole' USA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting