Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 10:46 AM

15 posts, read 69,228 times

Advertisements

If you have lived in Erie or currently live there can you please help me. I was looking at some of these houses for rent/sale and was wondering if you can take the time and tell me which streets or neighborhoods are good places to live and which ones are bad neighborhoods. Thank you for any help and input.

1. 4518 Zuck Rd
2. 5134 Clubhouse BROOKWOOD
VILLAGE
3. LECOM
4. 2242 W Grandview Blvd,
5. 1108 Montpelier Avenue Erie, PA 16505
6. 5468 Cider Mill Road Erie PA 16509
7. 2832 Chablis Drive Erie PA 16506
8. 2817 Burgundy Drive Erie PA 16506
9. 5045 Catawba Drive Erie PA 16506
10. 2749 Burgundy Drive Erie PA 16506
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 11:27 AM

356 posts, read 834,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk9 View Post
If you have lived in Erie or currently live there can you please help me. I was looking at some of these houses for rent/sale and was wondering if you can take the time and tell me which streets or neighborhoods are good places to live and which ones are bad neighborhoods. Thank you for any help and input.

1. 4518 Zuck Rd
2. 5134 Clubhouse BROOKWOOD
VILLAGE
3. LECOM
4. 2242 W Grandview Blvd,
5. 1108 Montpelier Avenue Erie, PA 16505
6. 5468 Cider Mill Road Erie PA 16509
7. 2832 Chablis Drive Erie PA 16506
8. 2817 Burgundy Drive Erie PA 16506
9. 5045 Catawba Drive Erie PA 16506
10. 2749 Burgundy Drive Erie PA 16506
Google can't understand where your 2nd choice is (I don't know either).

Most it seems are around Zuck road. A good area of town, near the Millcreek Mall which is the main shopping/dining area of town. A good area to live.

Cider Mill Rd area is also very nice. They are rebuilding the Cider Mill (or should be??) after the fire last year which is always a big attraction to that area. Grocery store not far away, everything's still really close (<15 min drive to anywhere I'd say).

The last one on Montpelier, I *believe* is in a good area of town also. I don't ever have much reason to head off in that direction, but I do know most of the area down by the lake that isn't right in Erie is usually extremely nice looking. Most of the homes I believe are also a bit more expensive due to the proximately to the lake, and thus the neighborhoods area also a bit nicer.

As for LECOM, are you planning on working at LECOM, going to school there??? I don't know about housing at LECOM, but I suppose they may have some. If not, any of the places above seem like good choices.

If you're looking to be close to that Zuck Rd/Grandview area, another good option is to look at the area of Erie just south of 38th on the west-side of town. Extremely nice neighbors, no problems in that area. Can look from 32nd on up (can look a bit further down to 26th over by TOPS, just depends).

Old 05-21-2009, 08:05 PM

15 posts, read 69,228 times
Thanks for the info. I dont really know Erie that much. I am moving from the west coast to Erie and heard that Millcreek is a pretty nice place to live but the set up of Erie in conjunction to Millcreek is weird. The zip code says Erie still but it is actually on Millcreek. I was just wondering if some of this places are in Millcreek. Also i am not going to school or working in LECOM i will be working by the lake. I will check out these areas then. Once again thanks for the input.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:49 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,703,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk9 View Post
Thanks for the info. I dont really know Erie that much. I am moving from the west coast to Erie and heard that Millcreek is a pretty nice place to live but the set up of Erie in conjunction to Millcreek is weird. The zip code says Erie still but it is actually on Millcreek. I was just wondering if some of this places are in Millcreek. Also i am not going to school or working in LECOM i will be working by the lake. I will check out these areas then. Once again thanks for the input.
None of those areas are even close to being bad. Actually some of the most beautiful areas of Millcreek Township.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 5,522 times
I moved to washington,pa in dec I moved from cleveland,oh and it was a huge change the town is so small and boring I want my city life back. But i dont want to move where there isnt alot of racism,alot of snow,huge murder/rape rates. I have two kids and a guy so entertainment is a must.Oh and he wants to live in pa but where do we go

Old 09-21-2009, 02:37 PM

169 posts, read 500,961 times
Pennsylvania is one of the most boring states in the Union. I wouldn't want to live there. Other than Philly... which isn't really that interesting, TBH, Pennsylvania doesn't have much to offer. It's a huge, boring state, with horrible snow and ice management.

I used to have family in Eerie, PA. Kind of a run-down little city with little to offer.

One time on my way to the Finger Lakes from Long Island, there was a huge blizzard that swept across the northeast. We were driving through Pennsylvania, and I could tell that their snow removal agencies were completely overwhelmed. There was 4 ft of snow on the highway for the entire 6 hours we spent slipping, crawling and digging our way through northeastern Pennsylvania. Not once did I see a snow plow. We ended up getting stuck in snow drifts like 3 times, and at one point we had to take an exit ramp onto the highway because all the entrance ramps were blanketed in several feet of powder.

As soon as we crossed back over into New York (somehow), the highways were completely plowed.

Last edited by pnoozi; 09-21-2009 at 02:45 PM..

Old 09-22-2009, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoozi View Post
Pennsylvania is one of the most boring states in the Union. I wouldn't want to live there.
I'm sure the feeling is likewise towards you.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:27 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,332,888 times
I have noticed that Erie is certainly more Conservative and traditional than here in Buffalo. Congrats to Erie for opposing gay marriage better than we have in Buffalo!

Old 09-30-2009, 03:14 PM

169 posts, read 500,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
I'm sure the feeling is likewise towards you.
Oh, it is. I'm from Long Island

And while most of Pennsylvania certainly is boring, there are numerous other regions that are just as unimpressive, such as western MA and upstate NY.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoozi View Post
Oh, it is. I'm from Long Island

And while most of Pennsylvania certainly is boring, there are numerous other regions that are just as unimpressive, such as western MA and upstate NY.

Interestingly enough, I've been to the other areas you mentioned, and was born and raised in Erie. I don't know what you consider "impressive", but there is plenty to do in all three areas (grouping Erie in with the rest of Western PA). You have to get out of your computer chair and go out the door to experience it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania