Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 08:00 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,739,314 times

Advertisements

no , not usually. especially in our case . there is very little since i was not even getting social security yet when i applied. it is mostly investment income generated by ourselves .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 08:31 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
So they approved your JP Morgan Reserve application, but rejected the Business Ink application? No flexibility I guess.
i did make sure that the guy saw my current chase cards (jpmorgan reserve, united club, chase freedom) and should be aware of a long running pre-existing relationship with chase and 10+ years of never missed payments. so one seemingly outstanding $82 bill is more substantial than our existing relationship. with my three cards, i have 115k in available credit. i figured that they may want to move the credit availability around but i didnt expect to be denied.

conceptually it seems like a strong professional courtesy to collectors that they would deny me on that basis. what if i felt that the $82 collection wasnt legitimate and didnt just pay it (and was in the process of contesting it)? my dispute over $82 would be more meaningful than my 100% strong history with chase.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:34 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Do they see income when they pull your credit?
i dont believe there is anything on your credit report indicating your income. so they can either believe you or request paystubs/w2.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:35 AM

1,803 posts, read 1,239,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
no , not usually. especially in our case . there is very little since i was not even getting social security yet when i applied. it is mostly investment income generated by ourselves .
If you gave them your SSN , they have access to your tax returns. Not sure whether you have to give them permission to look at returns or not, but I have direct experience with this.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:40 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabound1 View Post
If you gave them your SSN , they have access to your tax returns. Not sure whether you have to give them permission to look at returns or not, but I have direct experience with this.
Giving someone your ss does not give them access to your tax returns

Old 10-18-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Giving someone your ss does not give them access to your tax returns
It does if you give them permission to look. I’m not going to get into a pissing match with you here, but I recently told a financial institution they could verify my income with the IRS. Just had to provide an SSN, did not have to talk to the irs at all to let them give said institution my returns.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:51 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,545,565 times
Quote:
It does if you give them permission to look. I’m not going to get into a pissing match with you here, but I recently told a financial institution they could verify my income with the IRS. Just had to provide an SSN, did not have to talk to the irs at all to let them give said institution my returns.
My experience from when I requested an increase from AMEX, was that there was a specific IRS form I had to sign which allowed AMEX to view two years of returns.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:54 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
No pissing match needed. Giving your social doesn't give anyone permission or ability to access your tax returns. You have to specifically give permission to access the returns. It happens in every new mortgage process but it's certainly not simply from your social

This is often the form used

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

Old 10-18-2017, 09:36 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,739,314 times
Quote:
unlikely since being retired we are living off mostly non taxable money we set a side . taxable income was still pretty low if it counted for premium cards as i just got my first ss check last week .

Old 10-18-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
My experience from when I requested an increase from AMEX, was that there was a specific IRS form I had to sign which allowed AMEX to view two years of returns.
In my case, everything was done online, I simply checked a box giving them permission, never saw the form specifically. Then I signed the application “electronically”. Since then, I’m careful to read the fine print wherever my ssn is involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance