Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2017, 07:48 AM

106,724 posts, read 108,913,061 times

Advertisements

maybe just google it. it is clearly stated all over in article after article it is not information that can be given out like a credit report would be. you MUST file a form 8821 which is the only authorization that the irs can use when lenders request tax forms.

there is nothing to argue . it is the way it works .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 08:01 AM

1,803 posts, read 1,241,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
maybe just google it. it is clearly stated all over in article after article it is not information that can be given out like a credit report would be. you MUST file a form 8821 which is the only authorization that the irs can use when lenders request tax forms.

there is nothing to argue . it is the way it works .
And I’ll say it again... I (not you, me, as in cabound1) never filed a form. Whether it was implicit in what I agreed to or not, I don’t know. I did agree to a five year look back. I don’t know what you did, because I’m not you.

Are you happy now? Do you feel like you won? Is there anything I need to say to make you feel better?

Shaking my head....

Old 10-19-2017, 08:03 AM

26,194 posts, read 21,601,431 times
You should shake your head because your original first statement was false and you followed it up with the fact you've stated over and over again you didn't know what was needed or what you actually agreed to. Why you would argue in a scenario that you admit you don't know what you agreed to is beyond me

Old 10-19-2017, 08:05 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
I use the Capital One Venture for groceries. We have a big trip coming up and will use it for that. We can only use the points for travel related expenses, but that’s ok. We’re thrilled with a free hotel room or an airline ticket every so often.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:07 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I have both the Amex plat and csr. The chase rewards platform is much better. Amex gets my spend for United incidentals to eat the 200.00 credit, it gets uber, any airfare boooked directly with airlines and then any of the monthly awards deals. CSR gets all other spend. Priority pass stinks compared to Centurion lounges but the availability is slim. The Amex plat also gets you delta lounges if you are flying on delta that day
one big problem i had was the inability to earn more than 1 point per dollar with amex platinum. next, it didnt seem like redemption of points was a piece of cake (unless for cash which i believe is what i did (maybe statement credit i dont remember exactly).

is the priority pass membership with amex now letting you take family? i know the sapphire reserve did but when my wife had the amex platinum she was the only one allowed in the lounge. so that sucked.

i told my mom to drop the amex platinum and get the ritz carlton (based on my knowledge of her own usage and preferences) and she got the ritz but didnt drop the platinum. she wasnt supposed to just listen to part of the advice.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
You should shake your head because your original first statement was false and you followed it up with the fact you've stated over and over again you didn't know what was needed or what you actually agreed to. Why you would argue in a scenario that you admit you don't know what you agreed to is beyond me
Maybe I don’t have a pathological need to be right. I’m comfy in my own skin. I can’t imagine some people ever lowering themselves to admitting they don’t know everything.

I don’t know everything, im not afraid to admit it, and I don’t care if others know that.

It’s called the human experience. Try it sometime.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabound1 View Post
Maybe I don’t have a pathological need to be right. I’m comfy in my own skin. I can’t imagine some people ever lowering themselves to admitting they don’t know everything.

I don’t know everything, im not afraid to admit it, and I don’t care if others know that.

It’s called the human experience. Try it sometime.
And yet you keep on with it, back to the rewards discussion

Old 10-19-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
one big problem i had was the inability to earn more than 1 point per dollar with amex platinum. next, it didnt seem like redemption of points was a piece of cake (unless for cash which i believe is what i did (maybe statement credit i dont remember exactly).

is the priority pass membership with amex now letting you take family? i know the sapphire reserve did but when my wife had the amex platinum she was the only one allowed in the lounge. so that sucked.

i told my mom to drop the amex platinum and get the ritz carlton (based on my knowledge of her own usage and preferences) and she got the ritz but didnt drop the platinum. she wasnt supposed to just listen to part of the advice.

When csr announced the expanded priority pass membership Amex matched it. I don't think it works for your entire group on either card though. The Amex point system is far far behind the Ultimate Rewards. I simply get cash back on the platinum and typically only charge amextravel or directed booked airfare since it's 5x points or 5% cash back

Old 10-19-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
And yet you keep on with it, back to the rewards discussion
Thank god.....

Old 10-19-2017, 08:57 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
When csr announced the expanded priority pass membership Amex matched it. I don't think it works for your entire group on either card though. The Amex point system is far far behind the Ultimate Rewards. I simply get cash back on the platinum and typically only charge amextravel or directed booked airfare since it's 5x points or 5% cash back
i used the SR priority pass once and i was able to enter with my wife and 2 kids. thats all i really need. i think online i have seen age limits for some lounges but thankfully they didnt stop us based on that.

i wonder how amex is holding up compared the visa particularly chase backed visas. it doesnt really seem like much benefit to getting an amex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance