Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2023, 04:19 PM

106,694 posts, read 108,880,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Ok, not on my card. It was not immediate. I went to Panera the last week of September and the $2 showed up a week or so ago.
still irrelevant since you don’t pay it yet and even if you do then it comes off something else .

all the none point perks we get from chase are immediately.

we get a 300 dollar yearly credit good for certain charges pertaining to travel . when my EZEE PASS. CHARGES post they are credited against it

so that posts when you make the charge . i have the sapphire reserve

my wife has the sapphire preferred . she gets a 50 dollar motel credit yearly which is subtracted instantly when we book

all these little coupon credits post immediately. there are at least 50-60 going at any time.

like clipping coupons , you scroll through the list and click on the coupon you want to add to your card
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2023, 04:39 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
still irrelevant since you don’t pay it yet and even if you do then it comes off something else .

all the none point perks we get from chase are immediately.

we get a 300 dollar yearly credit good for certain charges pertaining to travel . when my EZEE PASS. CHARGES post they are credited against it

so that posts when you make the charge . i have the sapphire reserve

my wife has the sapphire preferred . she gets a 50 dollar motel credit yearly which is subtracted instantly when we book

all these little coupon credits post immediately. there are at least 50-60 going at any time.

like clipping coupons , you scroll through the list and click on the coupon you want to add to your card
Stop. I didn't say anything about when you pay your bill. I don't care about that at all. I simply corrected you that it's NOT like a coupon where you get the discount at the point of purchase.

But wait, your card gives back on EZ-Pass? That would be valuable to me. I live in NJ of the Garden State Parkway. I work in NY. I take the PA Turnpike to visit my daughter in PBH. Even the Thousand Islands Bridge I take to enter Canada uses EZ-Pass, $3 USD, $4 CDN.

Old 11-02-2023, 04:46 PM

we get 3% back on ezee pass which when used for booking trips is multiplied by 50% so we get 4-1/2% back which goes for all the weekend trips we do .

we get a 300 dollar travel credit a year which includes ezee pass and parking fees .

the charge is credited instantly.

we average 1 to 2k a year in benefits we use.

i just renewed both our cards today …mine even paid for tsa pre check ..

all the little coupon perks we get are applied instantly so yep just like coupons

the sapphire reserve is 550 a year .

we get a 300 dollar credit for travel and parking fees , hotels , car rental ,flights , tolls .

we get free door dash worth 100

plus 60 bucks in free food a year

free instacart membership worth 100 and 15 a month in credits for groceries.

no insurance needed when renting cars , not even our own .

all points used for travel get a 50% boost

to many benefits to even list.

the sapphire preferred preferred is 95 a year but includes a 50 dollar credit for metal or hotel

Last edited by mathjak107; 11-02-2023 at 04:55 PM..

Old 11-02-2023, 08:17 PM

What do you mean by "ez-pass when booking trips"?

But in general, it's worth the $550 if you travel? Hmm

Old 11-03-2023, 02:34 AM

the ezee pass gets 3% back for every dollar spent .

when you book a hotel , flight or car thru the chase/ expedia portal and use your points they get a 50% points boost .

so the 3 points are worth 4.5%

Old 11-04-2023, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
the ezee pass gets 3% back for every dollar spent .

when you book a hotel , flight or car thru the chase/ expedia portal and use your points they get a 50% points boost .

so the 3 points are worth 4.5%
This still makes no sense to me.

Are you talking about EZ-Pass the toll pay system?

ETA: OK, since this is not clear here and I can see it will take about five more questions to figure out wtf you are saying, lol, I did some googling. Is what you mean that if you use the Chase card for your EZ-Pass replenishment, it counts as travel points the same way hotels/flights etc. do?

If that is the correct understanding, how then does it count for the multiplied points if you book a trip through chase/expedia? In other words, how does the booked trip know you will be driving on EZ-Pass facilities?

Old 11-04-2023, 12:07 PM

1,559 posts, read 1,049,929 times
Quote:

I'm wondering the same thing. We have high E-Z pass bills and one of our credit cards is charged whenever the balance gets below a certain point.

Are there certain cards that give more than the usual cash back for toll charges?

Old 11-04-2023, 12:08 PM

Quote:

every EZPASS refill gets charged to the chase sapphire card …

they give us 3% back in points for every dollar spent .

all our accumulated points can be used in different ways .

one way we use them is to book our long weekends thru the chase/ expedia portal ..

all trips we use our point for get a 50% boost in value so 3% in points becomes 4.50% in points when paying for a trip with points.

in other words 100,000 points would be worth 150,000 in points for purposes of paying for hotels or flights or car rentals

Old 11-04-2023, 12:08 PM

1,858 posts, read 797,497 times
I get 2% back on my main card, I basically get paid like $15-20 a month to use it.

Old 11-04-2023, 12:18 PM

i had gotten 100,000 points for taking the chase sapphire reserve card originally….plus because we were chase private clients we got 20,000 points for opening an an account .

i sent my wife an invite to get the cheaper chase sapphire preferred card .

she got 100,000 points as a bonus and i got 20,000 for referring her .

we then combined her 120,000 points on to my sapphire preferred card , where it combined with my points …the 240,000 points were then used thru my card to book our trip to chicago and got a 50% boost in value by going thru chase .

we got the air fare and luxury hotel All on points with enough left to book small two day getaways all year .

it was worth thousands of dollars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance