Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 11:42 AM

9,379 posts, read 9,331,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Other than their home town, do they ever put stores in actual cities not satelite "cities" like KoP?
Wegmans Website:

Massachusetts: Northborough

Maryland: Abingdon, Fredrick, Hunt Valley, Lanham

Virginia: Fairfax, Sterling, Fredricksburg, Woodbridge, Gainsville, Leesburg

Pennsylvania: Allentown, Bethlehem, Collegeville, Downingtown, Easton, Erie, Glen Mills, Malvern, Mechanicsburg, Scranton, State College, Warrington, Wilkes-Barre, Williamsport

New Jersey: Bridgewater, Cherry Hill, Englishtown, Mt. Laurel, Ocean, Princeton, Woodbridge

New York: Amherst, Auburn, Brockport, Buffalo, Canandaigua, Cicero, Corning, Depew, E. Syracuse, Elmira, Fairport, Fayetteville, Geneseo, Geneva, Hornell, Ithaca, Jamestown, Johnson City, Liverpool, Newark, Niagara Falls, Penfield, Rochester, Syracuse, Webster, West Seneca, Williamsville

I don't know how updated this list is because it left Glen Mills (I added), and Brooklyn, and I think there is a store closer to Boston in the works.

But overall not many urban locations, so another Philadelphia location will likely be in Chester County since that is the only county that doesn't have one even though Glen Mills is close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 11:59 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Wegmans Website:

Massachusetts: Northborough

Maryland: Abingdon, Fredrick, Hunt Valley, Lanham

Virginia: Fairfax, Sterling, Fredricksburg, Woodbridge, Gainsville, Leesburg

Pennsylvania: Allentown, Bethlehem, Collegeville, Downingtown, Easton, Erie, Glen Mills, Malvern, Mechanicsburg, Scranton, State College, Warrington, Wilkes-Barre, Williamsport

New Jersey: Bridgewater, Cherry Hill, Englishtown, Mt. Laurel, Ocean, Princeton, Woodbridge

New York: Amherst, Auburn, Brockport, Buffalo, Canandaigua, ' Cicero, Corning, Depew, E. Syracuse, Elmira, Fairport, Fayetteville, Geneseo, Geneva, Hornell, Ithaca, Jamestown, Johnson City, Liverpool, Newark, Niagara Falls, Penfield, Rochester, Syracuse, Webster, West Seneca, Williamsville

I don't know how updated this list is because it left Glen Mills (I added), and Brooklyn, and I think there is a store closer to Boston in the works.

But overall not many urban locations, so another Philadelphia location will likely be in Chester County since that is the only county that doesn't have one even though Glen Mills is close.
At least one Richmond store is open. That's covered on the Richmond board as well as in at least one Wegmans thread on the Triangle board for NC.

They have to figure out what they're doing in New England & North Carolina. They have to also figure out if they plan to include Charleston & Greenville in South Carolina. They have to figure out Philadelphia, Baltimore, & DC. then they have to make decisions about distribution centers. They have acquired or are in the process of acquiring land in NC. It's unlikely that they will stop with Raleigh.

Old 01-04-2017, 04:42 PM

10,611 posts, read 12,123,920 times
Quote:
But wait. The KofP Wegmans is the only one in the Philly 'burbs, right?
No. There's new(ish)) Wegmans in the Glen Mills/Concordville area. I say it that way because to I WOULD say it's Concordville, but technically it has a Glen Mills address.

It's a couple of lights down Route 1 (Baltimore Pike) from the Concordville Towne Center (and a Costco across Route 1) -- at Route 1 and Route 202 -- on the 202 side. You CAN get to it from (Route 1/Baltimore Pike), but you can't see it from that side, so you sort of have to know it's there. I think you can see it from 202, IF you know where to look, because it's back off the highway. It's sort of in a fancy business park area…on "Applied Bank Blvd."

Old 01-04-2017, 04:50 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,334 times
Can anyone give me some details on the Acme at 10th and South? I plan to go there on Friday

Old 01-04-2017, 07:58 PM

345 posts, read 276,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Can anyone give me some details on the Acme at 10th and South? I plan to go there on Friday
What kind of details do you want? It's a pretty new store, taking over from Superfresh.

If you are driving, park free in the Whole Foods parking lot. I know, I know... it's "supposed" to be for WF customers only, so if you feel guilt buy an apple at WF on the way back from Acme.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:04 PM

I love me some Rittenhouse Market. I moved from the neighborhood so I don't get there much anymore. They may not have as many "healthy options" (they do OK) but those cookies and baked goods in the front are om nom nom.

I mentioned in the other thread that I love Giant too; I would also be all about Wegmans if they were closer. Occasionally I go across the bridge to the one in Cherry Hill. I prefer that one to the one in KoP because there are other stores right there that I can shop at, too.

I would trade Whole Foods for Wegmans all day long.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:29 PM

14,169 posts, read 9,058,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMoe10 View Post
What kind of details do you want? It's a pretty new store, taking over from Superfresh.

If you are driving, park free in the Whole Foods parking lot. I know, I know... it's "supposed" to be for WF customers only, so if you feel guilt buy an apple at WF on the way back from Acme.
If your game plan is only to visit the Acme, though, you can get your parking ticket for the garage above it validated for two hours free parking if you shop there. It'll be easier to haul your stuff to your car if you do.

I used to shop there regularly when I lived in Wash West. A&P gave the store, which opened in 1988, a makeover in the early 2000s that included a black acoustical tile ceiling, spot lighting in the produce section (much as you will find now at the Acme at 10th and Reed), halogen lights over the aisles and a section at the back of the store that contained the service deli, bakery and prepared foods counters. (The service fish counter was in back of this core, next to the poultry cases.)

The store's configuration, and its decor, remain unchanged from when A&P last redid it, but the spot lighting and halogen lights are all gone. You can see what's in the aisles better, but it looks a little less dramatic now.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:32 PM

14,169 posts, read 9,058,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMoe10 View Post
I would trade Whole Foods for Wegmans all day long.
I've been in Wegmans stores, and they're quite impressive, but my general attitude remains "Who needs Wegmans when you have the Reading Terminal Market?"

Whole Paycheck is by and large above my pay grade. But I will admit their stuff is very high quality, and its stores have cheese sections to die for.

But I can go to DiBruno Bros. for that and support a fine local family.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:48 PM

10,611 posts, read 12,123,920 times
Love, love loooove me some DiBruno Bros.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
If your game plan is only to visit the Acme, though, you can get your parking ticket for the garage above it validated for two hours free parking if you shop there. It'll be easier to haul your stuff to your car if you do.

I used to shop there regularly when I lived in Wash West. A&P gave the store, which opened in 1988, a makeover in the early 2000s that included a black acoustical tile ceiling, spot lighting in the produce section (much as you will find now at the Acme at 10th and Reed), halogen lights over the aisles and a section at the back of the store that contained the service deli, bakery and prepared foods counters. (The service fish counter was in back of this core, next to the poultry cases.)

The store's configuration, and its decor, remain unchanged from when A&P last redid it, but the spot lighting and halogen lights are all gone. You can see what's in the aisles better, but it looks a little less dramatic now.
Wait... what??? There's a parking garage above the Acme?? OK I'm an idiot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia