Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 04:19 PM

14,189 posts, read 9,085,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
Walk west ... You know we're talking about overall quality of life and not just murders, right?
Yep. The Wave has yet to get that far north of Girard Avenue west of Front Street, true.

But 10 years ago, the six or so blocks of Somerset Street closest to the station east of Kensington Avenue were downright scary. I don't get that sensation, or didn't, on the more recent occasions I had to venture on the streets to Episcopal Hospital's south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 04:29 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,459,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post

But 10 years ago, the six or so blocks of Somerset Street closest to the station east of Kensington Avenue were downright scary. I don't get that sensation, or didn't, on the more recent occasions I had to venture on the streets to Episcopal Hospital's south.
You have a thicker skin now, but trust me, it's still just as bad as ever. Frankford to Aramingo has gotten worse.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Which is perfectly all right by me. I'd just ask that you not deem them crazy for either not worrying about it, stats be damned, or being willing to take their chances on the future rather than dwell in the past.
It's just my opinion, people are going to do what they want. I'm sure there are people who think I'm nuts for living in white ghetto Bridesburg.
Despite my realistic/negative view of the city, I'm actually happy we have people willing to invest in and better neighborhoods.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:42 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,220,702 times
Apparently the safety + walkability wasnt too good Saturday evening. Hood Rats aka as "Teens" and "Flash Mobs" wreaking havoc on Rittenhouse Squares serenity. Innocent people asaaulted, cops assaulted.

This was one area of the city I felt confident in endorsing to outsiders but these Hood Rats are becoming quite the nuisance even in the heart of the best neighborhood Philadelphia has to offer.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Apparently the safety + walkability wasnt too good Saturday evening. Hood Rats aka as "Teens" and "Flash Mobs" wreaking havoc on Rittenhouse Squares serenity. Innocent people asaaulted, cops assaulted.

This was one area of the city I felt confident in endorsing to outsiders but these Hood Rats are becoming quite the nuisance.
I'm not saying I don't believe you, I do, but there wasn't any mention of this by the media. Disgusting.

Too bad Paul Kersey wasn't there. LOL!

Old 11-19-2017, 04:46 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,220,702 times
Quote:
I'm not saying I don't believe you, I do, but there wasn't any mention of this by the media. Disgusting.
The city Im sure trying to suppress these ridiculous events that rarely if ever happen in first class cities but the news is starting to get out.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:54 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,947,993 times
Quote:

Too bad Paul Kersey wasn't there. LOL!
Not on local TV news but in the Inquirer.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
The city Im sure trying to suppress these ridiculous events that rarely if ever happen in first class cities but the news is starting to get out.
My company isn't coming until 7:30, I'll wait for the usual suspects to post about how you're overreacting.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Not on local TV news but in the Inquirer.
Thanks.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:02 PM

Rittenhouse:
Police: One couple and a SEPTA officer assaulted as two Philly flash mobs wreak havoc
One mob was a hundred strong?? JEEEEZ ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia