Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 05:20 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,879,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
Funny, I was in the area around 4 PM and there were a ton of people lined up to go into that club with the banners titled "Fresh" around 17th and Walnut. I can't imagine that has something to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 05:36 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,947,993 times
Quote:
Saturday night @7pm, Walnut Street the night before the Philly Marathon, nothing says welcome to Philly than a traditional Philly Flash Mob.

Kenney needs to crack down on this nonsense once and for all...he's too PC to do that though given the content of these mobs.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:39 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,459,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Funny, I was in the area around 4 PM and there were a ton of people lined up to go into that club with the banners titled "Fresh" around 17th and Walnut. I can't imagine that has something to do with it.
Where exactly was this club?

Old 11-19-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Saturday night @7pm, Walnut Street the night before the Philly Marathon, nothing says welcome to Philly than a traditional Philly Flash Mob.

Kenney needs to crack down on this nonsense once and for all...he's too PC to do that though given the content of these mobs.
Kenney's one and only job is to obey Johnny Doc's wishes. He has no time to do anything else as far as I can tell. A dedicated puppet.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:43 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,947,993 times
Quote:
It's on the south side of Walnut in the 1700 block; I think there's a staircase into the place so it's not at street level.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I wish I could tell you. It was near 17th and Walnut, and there was a huge line with bouncers and more kids than I can count. It looked like an under age club having an event, but there was no external name to the door that everybody was going through. I just knew I wanted to get out of there soon. Most of these kids looked like they shouldn't be there (kids dressed like adults and yelling), but I'm sure their parents were doing nothing about it.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
It's on the south side of Walnut in the 1700 block; I think there's a staircase into the place so it's not at street level.
That's the one.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:54 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,753,684 times
Quote:

Looks like 1712 Walnut street a couple of doors up from McDonald's.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:19 PM

252 posts, read 234,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Apparently the safety + walkability wasnt too good Saturday evening. Hood Rats aka as "Teens" and "Flash Mobs" wreaking havoc on Rittenhouse Squares serenity. Innocent people asaaulted, cops assaulted.

This was one area of the city I felt confident in endorsing to outsiders but these Hood Rats are becoming quite the nuisance even in the heart of the best neighborhood Philadelphia has to offer.

I am so disheartened by all of this. There's a lot of great things about Philly but this news has just been too much. I'm over it. There's also been an uptick of gun violence in my hood. I'll live happily in a clean, safe and walkable suburb and visit Philly when I'm in the mood for a great restaurant. Hope to be out within a year.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:25 PM

82 posts, read 68,999 times
I would beg to differ that the area around Somerset is continuing to get worse. The neighborhood organizations there are very strong and a lot of work is being done to improve the neighborhood. Just look at Orinoka, the renovation is essentially complete and that used to be a building where addicts shot up. Speaking of that, that is the reason FKD to Aramingo is getting "worse." Ever since they closed the tracks the addicts have been forever roaming. I agree that this recent uptick in gun violence and flash mobs is really disheartening but to quote Kanye West " You know the kids gon' act a fool. When you stop the programs for after school." A problem in Chicago and Philadelphia both. Part of me wants to put 100% of the blame on the kids that were part of this mob and believe me a lot of the blame should be. But the fact that the school system is failing lower income children who can't afford private education definitely contribute to a growing inequality in the city of newer and wealthier residents versus the people who have lived here for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia