Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2013, 05:21 PM

70 posts, read 88,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
And the ultimate irony is their ongoing life makes it possible for them to post about how awful life is.
Well, if it weren't so awful, we could all shut up. But it is, and the human race is responsible for much of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 05:26 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye Star View Post
Well, if it weren't so awful, we could all shut up
Or, you know...try to make it better or at least the little piece you're occupying.

Nah....

Old 09-27-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Or, you know...try to make it better or at least the little piece you're occupying.

Nah....
There are drug dealers who hang out a few blocks away late at night, which make it unsafe to be out at night. How am I supposed to fix this?

Someone was robbed at night in one of the local colleges some time ago. How am I supposed to fix this?

My high school (which I finally left) regularly has fights and many students drop out during the year. My senior class was tiny as a result. How am I supposed to fix this?

My father's girlfriend of 19 1/2 died a few weeks ago and he has to move back from PA to NJ to have a place to stay. My family does not get along, so this is going to cause trouble. How am I supposed to fix this?

My immediate family lives on benefits because my mother doesn't work and, unfortunately, I don't yet either and even if I did, it would not be enough for us to be able to survive without benefits. How am I supposed to fix this?

My best friend's financial situation with her family is even worse than mine. They once nearly lost their apartment. How am I supposed to fix this?

I have iron-deficiency anemia and two of my friends, including the one I mentioned above, have weak immune system. One friend has to take three shots a week to remain healthy. How am I supposed to fix any of these problems?

Three of my friends have been assaulted and they are still haunted by it, one to the point that she constantly has the urge to cut herself, and that's just one horrid thing that's happened to her. How am I supposed to fix this?

Well? Talk.

Last edited by Kaye Star; 09-27-2013 at 05:43 PM..

Old 09-27-2013, 05:47 PM

878 posts, read 942,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
Tele-cat, your well-reasoned arguments, which indicated that you both understood my statements and then refuted them with logic, have totally won me over. Clearly you are completely right about everything. I'm sure everyone who reads your last few posts will agree that you are a thoughtful and reasonable person.

...I recognize that I'm not as responsible to the waves as those parents are to their children.
Is your name Neville Chamberlain?

Old 09-27-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Well? Talk.
I can't tell YOU how to make YOUR life better. I have my own to care for.

I truly am sorry for everything you wrote, but it only makes clearer that you're forcing your experience (to date...) as a world view which it simply isn't.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:50 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,064,608 times
More like Oscar Wilde.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I can't tell YOU how to make YOUR life better. I have my own to care for.

I truly am sorry for everything you wrote, but it only makes clearer that you're forcing your experience (to date...) as a world view which it simply isn't.
My world view (and point) is that there is some kind of suffering in almost everywhere in the world. And that is true.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
My world view (and point) is that there is some kind of suffering in almost everywhere in the world. And that is true.
Of course it's true!

Anything you want to find in this world...you can find it.

But your litany of life challenges you say you cannot do anything about...that's a completely different proposition.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Sounds like what a child would say.
I love threads like this. My bozo bin always grows.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
More like Oscar Wilde.
More like Neville Chamberlain. People like you make life harder for real childfree people. All breeder pleasers do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy