Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 07:04 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,829,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
When did SuperSoul say he "hates" homosexuals?
In almost every one of his many, many posts on this thread.

His anti-gay animus shines through every bit as clearly as does yours, no matter how much he (or you) try and dress it up as 'concern' for this or that.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:01 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,080,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Evolution will select against any genes that are associated with being gay since they are not being passed on.
I know that evolution works slowly, but I would think that 150,000 years would have been more than enough time for the extinction of any genes responsible for homosexuality.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:24 PM

561 posts, read 1,181,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I know that evolution works slowly, but I would think that 150,000 years would have been more than enough time for the extinction of any genes responsible for homosexuality.
Not only that, but evolution is based on variability related to continuous genetic recombination. With a sufficiently large population, this means that there always be a variety of sexual inclinations including homosexuality.

If all these homophobes truly believe that natural selection will eventually weed out homosexuals (assuming is basis is genetic), why do they make such an issue of it? If they truly believe that why not just let nature takes it's course and not worry about it so much?

Old 04-11-2014, 09:42 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,080,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathizer View Post
If they truly believe that why not just let nature takes it's course and not worry about it so much?
I suspect because nature takes too damned long. That would be my guess.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:07 AM

24,512 posts, read 33,339,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
In almost every one of his many, many posts on this thread.

His anti-gay animus shines through every bit as clearly as does yours, no matter how much he (or you) try and dress it up as 'concern' for this or that.
Nice try. Well, not really.

Being anti-homosexual does not necessarily equal "hate."

Old 04-14-2014, 09:07 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,455,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Nice try. Well, not really.

Being anti-homosexual does not necessarily equal "hate."
It sure isn't based on love.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:44 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,838,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley View Post
I once met a gay man dying from AIDS in Seattle in the 90's. That's all I have to say about that.
I had a straight uncle who died from AIDS. That's all I have to say about that.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:23 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,133,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
what does one call someone who feels that it is wrong, morally (but still loves them!) after immersed in the lifestyle for 10+ years? Is that ignorance?

Some of you underestimate people.
Loving someone, I consider, to want what's best for them.

I also love people of my family, and friends who have been practicing homosexuality & they know that just like other people I love, I'd do anything for them - that is good and healthy. But I won't pretend along that harmful behavior is not harmful because that wouldn't be loving.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:26 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,133,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Homosexual acts are against right reason, and hence against nature. However, to prove that, you have to 1) believe that there are moral absolutes, and 2) believe that things evident in nature can guide us morally. I don't want to waste my effort convincing the million and one heathens on here of this, so I will let what I said stand as a statement and not an "argument".

However, homosexual marriage, by the state, IS a perfect example of ill logic. Why is marriage recognized by the state? Why does it give "1,001" benefits to married couples, that it doesn't to, say, cohabitors? Is this not unfair or unjust?

Not necessarily, if married couples have something to give the state. They do: another generation. True, people do not need to be married to reproduce, but marriage at least provides a notably better chance of the offspring being well-raised. Just look at the statistics for children of unwed parents or single mothers and compare them with those who were raised in a stable family.

What does this have to do with same-sex marriage? Can't same-sex couples just adopt children? Yes, in many states they can, but besides the obvious pitfall of growing up without a real mother or father, most same-sex couples do not adopt children, and they are incapable of performing the regular sex act that results in children.

That's why the phrase "marriage equality" annoys me so much. Besides being a buzzword (conservatives have their ones, too), the phrase attempts to equalize two completely different things.

Exactly! Laws are for the good of society - and marriage laws in particular are for the good of future society (children) which can only be produced by the union of a man and a woman, as all of our existences testify.

And children need a mother and father (adopted or biological) for the unique way they are loved and shown by example how to relate with the opposite sex.
IMO, it is extremely selfish for anybody to legally deny children the right to a mother or father, as marriage based on homosexual practices does.

Child of lesbian couple speaks out against gay marriage
http://www.dennyburk.com/child-of-le...-gay-marriage/

Old 04-28-2014, 07:52 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,791,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
The American Psychological Association originally defined homosexuality as a disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders-II (DSM-II), then, was harassed into changing the definition.
Do you honestly believe in this day and age in 2014, if there hadn't been any pressure to remove homosexuality as a disorder in 1973 that it would still be listed as such in 2014? If so, that thinking is illogical.

Quote:
1. Homosexuality is not ever truly sex but involves fetishes, because sex involves the sexual organs of each, and homosexuality must resort to subsitutes... fetishes. (Fetish: any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation. ) Anal sex is such a fetish. Some fetishes cause no harm, but unfortunatley anal sex can cause anal fissures, anal cancer, colon rupture and bacterial infections.
Homosexuality is a sexual orientation just as heterosexuality is. Men have been having anal sex for centuries, as a matter of fact since the beginning of the human race without any problem, most men derive pleasure from it leading to orgasm. Heterosexuals have anal sex as well, in spite of women having vaginas. Heterosexual sex can cause plenty of harm, many women develop cervical cancer which has been proven to be caused by the human papiloma virus. This is why it was strongly advised that girls receive the HPV vaccine. It has also been determined that as many as 1 out of 3 women will be raped in her life time. This causes harm to women; it is often the result of the imbalance of testosterone between men and women. Men have more testosterone, thus have higher sex drives. In general, men are stronger than women, thus women are more vulnerable to sexual assault. Unplanned pregnancies cause considerable harm; unmarried women, often living in poverty are harmed. The children brought into the world unplanned, often living in poverty are harmed. Irresponsible men who impregnate women not only harm women, but harm themselves, many are either unable or unwilling to be a good father to a child. Many children brought into this world have heterosexual parents who are on drugs, or are alcoholics, this causes the children harm. Prostitution is an institution far more popular with heterosexual men, than homosexual men, this can cause harm.

Quote:
2. According to the United States Center for Disease Control (US CDC), those with homosexual fetishes are many times more likely to contract STDs than heterosexuals. http://www.cdc.gov/stdconference/2000/m ... ay2000.htm

3. According to the United States Center for Disease Control (US CDC), those with homosexual fetishes are many times more likely to contract AIDS than heterosexuals. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/index.htm
Heterosexual are still vulnerable to contract std's with rates increasing most dramatically for younger people, and the under aged. During the 1980's when the AIDS virus was first discovered, the Reagan and Bush Sr administrations were strongly advised to launch campaigns urging prevention and education on the disease but those suggestions were ignored. Margaret Heckler was the secretary of health and human services, and she as well considered the gay male population expendable, not realizing the epidemic would continue to grow exponentially, ignoring the catastrophic costs to health care. Today, there is very little education and public awareness of HIV and safe sex, younger people were not around during the 80's to experience the affects of the AIDS epidemic. We hear ten times more about breast cancer (which is not even contagious) and the importance of mammograms, while there is very little budgeted for HIV.

Quote:
4. Also According to the United States Center for Disease Control (US CDC), those with homosexual fetishes are more likely to develop mental illness. Research also has found that, compared to other men, MSM are at increased risk of: Major depression during adolescence and adulthood; Bipolar disorder; and Generalized anxiety disorder during adolescence and adulthood. MSM are also at greater risk for other health threats that often occur in conjunction with mental health problems (i.e., co-morbidities). These include greater use of illegal drugs and a greater risk for suicide.
Without a doubt, and it's people like you who make their lives so miserable. Teenage boys learn very young, being gay is one of the worst things that can happen to you, leading to many of these psychological problems caused by living in a homophobic society that insists on remaining ignorant.

Quote:
5. Most babies are born healthy, without disorders, including without homosexual fetishes. At birth, our brains are only 25% developed. This makes us less intelligent at birth than many other mamals, however it ends up in our best interest because along with more caregiving support, we are better able to adapt to environmental influences. Under various circumstances, some such adaptations result in the development of homosexual fetishes. There is no such thing as a gay gene - as mentioned in the first link above.
People do not choose their sexual orientation, no matter how much you want to believe it in order to rationalize your ignorance. It was proven decades ago that environment does not cause homosexuality. Without a doubt, babies already have their sexual orientation programed well before birth.

Quote:
Evidence shows that the development of homosexual fetishes is more linked to environmental influences than to biology. Science does not support the claim that homosexuality is genetic.. Even Homosexual Researchers Debunk ‘Born Gay’ Urban Legend http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/724179/posts
Total b.s. Read Simon LeVay work on sexual orientation. There has never been a successful case of someone changing their orientation. People are born that way. There is plenty of hate inspired literature out there that will help you justify your irrational fear and hatred of homosexuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy