Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 09:00 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times

Advertisements

There's storms out by Gilbert QC area. Overall though, monsoon is going to go away and get replaced by record high temps for this week. Getting to sound like last summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 09:04 PM

22 posts, read 25,338 times
They passed phoenix NO rain :c

Old 07-11-2010, 09:46 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,734 times
Of course!

Old 07-11-2010, 09:51 PM

22 posts, read 25,338 times
/rage Scattered thunderstorms have dissipated over southeastern Maricopa and northern Pinal counties. FFFFFFUUUUU-

Old 07-11-2010, 10:59 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,084 times
Where, um, where is the rage? << >>I will drive over there. ha ha

Old 07-12-2010, 10:15 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Where, um, where is the rage? << >>I will drive over there. ha ha
It rained twice here yesterday in the late afternoon. I was at work and the people coming in were sooooo happy to see the rain. I'd tell them goodbye and "stay dry" as they left and most said they didn't care...they LOVED it!

Old 07-12-2010, 10:36 AM

134 posts, read 514,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
It rained twice here yesterday in the late afternoon. I was at work and the people coming in were sooooo happy to see the rain. I'd tell them goodbye and "stay dry" as they left and most said they didn't care...they LOVED it!
No rain here (a little drop on Frid) but the season is still early (another chance this weekend - forecast to be pretty hot weekdays though)
Reminds me of a story my friends told me - after a dry spell when it rained - the children would just run out of their class rooms and dance with joy in the rain. This was someway in Borneo (Asia) during a year stint there many years ago. The sheer innocent joy. Nice to be able to appreciate the "little" things in life.

Won't dance in the rain but love to see the sunset

Old 07-12-2010, 11:34 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by landbox View Post
No rain here (a little drop on Frid) but the season is still early (another chance this weekend - forecast to be pretty hot weekdays though)
Reminds me of a story my friends told me - after a dry spell when it rained - the children would just run out of their class rooms and dance with joy in the rain. This was someway in Borneo (Asia) during a year stint there many years ago. The sheer innocent joy. Nice to be able to appreciate the "little" things in life.

Won't dance in the rain but love to see the sunset
When I was a kid growing up here we NEVER let "a little rain" bother us. We actually DID get out and have fun in it. Maybe during the very heaviest part of a storm we'd be inside but watching it out the windows. Monsoon season has always been my favorite time of year here.

Our temps have been hovering right at 100 highs, 65-70 lows for a couple of weeks now...give or take a couple. I'm always happy to see Phoenix temps "cooler" because we are generally 7-10 degrees cooler yet! I don't know how Sedona stays cooler than here because they are only about 500 ft. higher but it seems to. From where I work I have a really good view of Sedona area and can watch it rain over there. Likewise Camp Verde.

AZ sunsets are totally awesome! Especially at Grand Canyon after summer storm. I worked up there for two years and very often I'd drive out to the rim just to sit there and take in the awesomeness.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:43 AM

977 posts, read 1,956,803 times
I don't think that monsoons even exist in Phoenix, or have ever existed. Kind of like Bigfoot...there's all kinds of stories but no one has ever actually seen one.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:00 PM

932 posts, read 1,963,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
I don't think that monsoons even exist in Phoenix, or have ever existed. Kind of like Bigfoot...there's all kinds of stories but no one has ever actually seen one.
What are you talking about, of course there's monsoons in Phoenix!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area