Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 07:52 PM

3 posts, read 11,009 times

Advertisements

Has anyone recommended Verrado in Buckeye? I think it s a beautiful community, lots of friendly people, great schools, close (but not too close) to Interstate 10. If we were in a position to move right now I would buy in Verrado in a heartbeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 12:53 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,030,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my sharoana View Post
No. It was in my hometown of St. Petersburg Florida in a very desirable neighborhood called Barcley Estates. We bought in in 2001 @ $149K & put in a ton of sweat equity. The St. Pete housing market has mirrored Phoenix in many ways - we sold it and made a good profit so that we can (hopefully) buy into Phoenix or Glendale. It was scary to pay $149K back then (anybody else remember that?) and it's even scarier to consider paying more than 1/4 mill dollars for house anywhere (I know CA folks some of us have been spoiled.)...We're trying to decide where our limit is re: purchase price. What is the comparitative value of a 149K home in 2001 to today in 2007? Is it
$400K ? 500K ? Ohmygosh! Now i'm into the 1/2 mill dollar range!

We're still looking that 's why my original post was:
What is the better zip code in Moon Valley 85022 or 85023? We like older homes than haver been updated w/ the character and loarger lots -like Moon Valley.
I think 85023 is more what you described. 85022 has comparatively newer homes (80's and up). Of course I am a little biased as I live in 85023 and I love this neighborhood!

Old 07-01-2007, 01:35 PM

3 posts, read 7,457 times
Check out southgilbert.com

Old 07-13-2007, 09:00 AM

9 posts, read 26,738 times
RE: $149K home - this was in Fla in 2001. It was a home with 'good bones' and we redid the two baths & kitchen. It seemed an astronomical price at the time but with the RE market upturn (to say the least) it proved to be a steal. we sold it for $340K last March.

Now we're house hunting in Arrowhead area (best for work commute). It seems that houses are much much higher for a comperable home. Like $450K for a comparable. We're havinga hard time findong one.
While on th subject of homes searches. Can anyone tell me what the story is on all of these formal dining rooms & living rooms in the new houses? Who has time for formal anything today? The formal dining room and formal living rooms - it's wasted space. The great room is the best for today. That's what were struggling w/ the price fo a home w/o all of that wasted space.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:03 AM

9 posts, read 26,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonasu25 View Post
Check out southgilbert.com
Thanks. I'd love gilbert but the commute would be tuogh for my husband who works 12 hr rotating shifts & must be on time. We need to stay in West Valley. But thanks anyway for the thought.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:53 AM

14 posts, read 84,352 times
I currently live in Ahwatukee and have lived in Tempe, Chandler, and Scottsdale. Be sure to read about the 202 / Pecos freeway that is still being considered. I am currently in the path of the freeway and "may" loose my house to Eminent Domain. If you look towards North Ahwatukee, you will not need to worry much about it, but if you go to the newer homes in the southern part, then make sure you don't get a house that may be in the path.

If you need the link to the map, send me a PM or email.

Thanks,
Ryan Melville

Old 07-14-2007, 11:56 PM

647 posts, read 3,341,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my sharoana View Post
While on th subject of homes searches. Can anyone tell me what the story is on all of these formal dining rooms & living rooms in the new houses? Who has time for formal anything today? The formal dining room and formal living rooms - it's wasted space. The great room is the best for today. That's what were struggling w/ the price fo a home w/o all of that wasted space.
I agree - I hate the formal living/dining room. One of the reasons we sold our last house was b/c I hated that room. It was a big waste of space for us. I prefer a great room with the kitchen, and an additional informal living space in an upstairs loft/bonus room or basement where you don't have to clean up for company

Many builders are now doing great room floor plans and moving away from the formal lr/dr plan. Check around on the different builders' websites and look at all the different floor plans for an idea of what they're doing now.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:59 PM

647 posts, read 3,341,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsalu View Post
Has anyone recommended Verrado in Buckeye? I think it s a beautiful community, lots of friendly people, great schools, close (but not too close) to Interstate 10. If we were in a position to move right now I would buy in Verrado in a heartbeat.
Verrado is fabulous! I love it - love the scenery, the parks, the design, and LOVE the main street area. For me though, it's WAY too isolated, too far from downtown Phx, and you have to drive way too far for decent shopping and restaurants. I couldn't handle that. But if you don't mind the location, I think it'd be a great place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area