Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 09:28 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgirl View Post
Actually recent studies have shown that 80% of millennials want to buy a home, but most have less than $1000 saved.| Most millennials want to buy a home Futhermore, my husband doesn't work in downtown Phoenix and you have no idea where we live in Gilbert. Do you even know what the boundaries of Gilbert are? From your other posts, you certainly don't understand commute times.

Anyhoo, I know you like to get into pissing matches with people on here and have the last word, but I am not going to waste my time.

At the end of the day millennials and people in general have to switch priorities when saving for a home. Every generation has faced uphill battles with home ownership and yet people are still buying homes. Yes, they may have to live in the suburbs (horrors) but I can think of alot worse things- like renting my entire life.
As a former Gilbert resident, I know where the borders are. The closest part of Gilbert in to town is the NW town limit with Mesa at Country Club and Baseline, that is still 20 miles from downtown Phoenix, while on the other end, the intersection of Power and Riggs is the SE town limit, 40 miles from downtown Phoenix

And these days, I have a 7.5 mile reverse commute, I live at 19th Ave&Maryland and my job is at 67th Ave&Northern, but I don't want to live in the west valley. And on top of that, my fiance is attending ASU main campus (Tempe) and her job is at Price&Frye in Chandler, so Central Phoenix works best for us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 09:29 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times
Quote:
Actually recent studies have shown that 80% of millennials want to buy a home, but most have less than $1000 saved.| Most millennials want to buy a home Futhermore, my husband doesn't work in downtown Phoenix and you have no idea where we live in Gilbert. Do you even know what the boundaries of Gilbert are? From your other posts, you certainly don't understand commute times.

Anyhoo, I know you like to get into pissing matches with people on here and have the last word, but I am not going to waste my time.

At the end of the day millennials and people in general have to switch priorities when saving for a home. Every generation has faced uphill battles with home ownership and yet people are still buying homes. Yes, they may have to live in the suburbs (horrors) but I can think of alot worse things- like renting my entire life.
Sorry, central Phoenix. Same point though. Also, you've stated exactly where in Gilbert you live:

Quote:
...We live near San Tan Village in Gilbert and my husband carpools to PHX (Biltmore area) for work. 45 minute drive if they leave at 6:15 AM...
The fact is, that lifestyle choice isn't for everyone so to claim that people are foolish for renting in town, because they cannot afford to buy there and don't want to live on the fringes, is projecting your own situation onto them and doing so in a judgmental manner. We get it, housing is cheap the further out you go. It's not something many people want to tolerate though.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Sorry, central Phoenix. Same point though. Also, you've stated exactly where in Gilbert you live:

The fact is, that lifestyle choice isn't for everyone so to claim that people are foolish for renting in town, because they cannot afford to buy there and don't want to live on the fringes, is projecting your own situation onto them and doing so in a judgmental manner. We get it, housing is cheap the further out you go. It's not something many people want to tolerate though.
Yeah, I would rather continue to rent than "drive til I qualify"

Old 07-24-2017, 11:42 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,921,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Yeah, I would rather continue to rent than "drive til I qualify"
good one!

I'm glad I'm old, and we don't have to commute; it made buying near Peoria a no brain er for us, but, I can see why you wouldn't want to live out there if you worked in town, or wanted to spend lots of leisure time near the city/downtown...

Old 07-24-2017, 12:36 PM

525 posts, read 539,761 times
Quote:
As a former Gilbert resident, I know where the borders are. The closest part of Gilbert in to town is the NW town limit with Mesa at Country Club and Baseline, that is still 20 miles from downtown Phoenix, while on the other end, the intersection of Power and Riggs is the SE town limit, 40 miles from downtown Phoenix

And these days, I have a 7.5 mile reverse commute, I live at 19th Ave&Maryland and my job is at 67th Ave&Northern, but I don't want to live in the west valley. And on top of that, my fiance is attending ASU main campus (Tempe) and her job is at Price&Frye in Chandler, so Central Phoenix works best for us
I have no problem with you living in Central Phoenix--that really wasn't the point of my post. And I wasn't talking to you about Gilbert borders....

Last edited by belgirl; 07-24-2017 at 12:46 PM..

Old 07-24-2017, 12:47 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,344,065 times
Quote:
the intersection of Power and Riggs is the SE town limit, 40 miles from downtown Phoenix
Actually, the NW corner of Power and Riggs is unincorporated Maricopa County, and is actually within Queen Creek's planning area. Gilbert's southern portion is a bit more jagged, with the Seville neighborhood forming a stairstep boundary north of Riggs. South of Riggs there are also some fragments of Gilbert's municipal boundaries west of Recker (Recker being the boundary for the planning areas between Gilbert and Queen Creek south of Riggs).

Old 07-24-2017, 12:48 PM

525 posts, read 539,761 times
If living on the "fringes" wasn't popular, than Eastmark wouldn't be one of the fastest growing communities in the United States.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:48 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,380,293 times
Living in Northern Chandler (West Warner + Dobson). Very ideal location, not so far from airport and 2 major downtowns (Phoenix DT and Tempe DT). My commute time is 10-15 minutes to work (South Tempe).

Yes, it is not the most desirable place in Chandler but its not bad either. I observed that most of my neighbors are old though

Old 07-24-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Actually, the NW corner of Power and Riggs is unincorporated Maricopa County, and is actually within Queen Creek's planning area. Gilbert's southern portion is a bit more jagged, with the Seville neighborhood forming a stairstep boundary north of Riggs. South of Riggs there are also some fragments of Gilbert's municipal boundaries west of Recker (Recker being the boundary for the planning areas between Gilbert and Queen Creek south of Riggs).
Queen Creek's western limit is Power, and I know that Gilbert doesn't go south of Riggs

Old 07-24-2017, 12:57 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,344,065 times
Quote:
Queen Creek's western limit is Power, and I know that Gilbert doesn't go south of Riggs
Queen Creek official Town Boundary Map:
Town Boundary Map | Queen Creek, AZ

Gray areas are the incorporated portions of Queen Creek, while orange areas are unincorporated portions of Maricopa County that are within the Queen Creek planning area. There are also some parts of Pinal County that are within Queen Creek planning area, although they are not indicated on this map. I do know that the QC planning area does extend to Ironwood/Gantzel in Pinal County, and there are talks to annex the Fulton Homes Ironwood Crossing neighborhood. QC did annex the Banner Ironwood Hospital as of last month and is indicated on this map.

Here is a Gilbert zoning map that clearly indicates the county islands:
https://www.gilbertaz.gov/home/showdocument?id=1560

Last edited by Pink Jazz; 07-24-2017 at 01:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area