Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:33 AM

300 posts, read 952,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
how about bedmart, any comments about Bedmart?
I bought my memory foam mattress there. No complaints yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 07:07 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettearose View Post
Sleep America was founded by Debbie Gaby in Arizona in the mid 90's. It's a local product whose roots were found here. It may have been bought out recently but I still feel there is a local flavor to it. Again, I had nothing but a great experience there so I will always recommend it.
True, Debbie Gaby founded it, but today it is not locally owned as stated, and by the way Schleep America is was/is one of the biggest crooks in town. Just because a business was locally founded does not make it a good business.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,849 times
Default mattresses

Sleep America, while still a pretty solid operation, is NO LONGER locally owned. In fact, a company from CANADA has bought them out (June 06)

Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by sablebaby; 02-21-2008 at 10:34 AM..

Old 02-22-2008, 09:36 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,225,324 times
I had been interested in trying some of the pricey beds that are around today, but was very reluctant to shell out a fortune and then not love it once I got it home. I spent a night at a local Raddison and tried a Sleep Number bed. (Most Raddisons use Sleep Number beds now.) I was sold! Since I then knew what I wanted, I was able to price shop. Believe it or not, the best price I was able to get, including delivery, was from QVC.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:46 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I had been interested in trying some of the pricey beds that are around today, but was very reluctant to shell out a fortune and then not love it once I got it home. I spent a night at a local Raddison and tried a Sleep Number bed. (Most Raddisons use Sleep Number beds now.) I was sold! Since I then knew what I wanted, I was able to price shop. Believe it or not, the best price I was able to get, including delivery, was from QVC.
Ok are you talking about the shopping channel? How in the world do you know if its going to feel like. When I go Mattress shopping I have to at least try 3-5 mattresses out in at least 2 stores. Even then, if I am too much in a hurry, I have picked a bed (based on price only) that cost me more money in the future as far as giving me back aches for months and being grouchy at work. YOu could get lucky, but I think buying a mattress is more like going to the doctor. I want to deal with folks trained in what they do. They aren't really all that pushy, I think they are just trying to keep you from buying based on price, and more based on your situation. Anotherwards, you don't buy a 159.00 dollar queen set for your 300 pounds spouse. You don't sell a hard bed to someone who sleeps on there sides (leanred this from a sleep expert). We have had the best buying experience when we tell the sales person everything: Aches pains, ailments, side sleeper, back sleeper. To be honest, I want the sales person who gives me 8-12 years of a good night sleep to make good money. Its often hard to find sales people that know what they are talking about, but mattress sales people are like doctors. Worth the extra if you ask me. Still its worth asking for a good deal, don't get me wrong. The only place to avoid in my opinion when buying a mattress in a retail store is Furniture Stores. They are trained to tell you about furniture and bedroom sets. The mattress is an extra for them. Thats why they tend to avoid them.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:36 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,225,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Ok are you talking about the shopping channel? How in the world do you know if its going to feel like. When I go Mattress shopping I have to at least try 3-5 mattresses out in at least 2 stores. Even then, if I am too much in a hurry, I have picked a bed (based on price only) that cost me more money in the future as far as giving me back aches for months and being grouchy at work. YOu could get lucky, but I think buying a mattress is more like going to the doctor. I want to deal with folks trained in what they do. They aren't really all that pushy, I think they are just trying to keep you from buying based on price, and more based on your situation. Anotherwards, you don't buy a 159.00 dollar queen set for your 300 pounds spouse. You don't sell a hard bed to someone who sleeps on there sides (leanred this from a sleep expert). We have had the best buying experience when we tell the sales person everything: Aches pains, ailments, side sleeper, back sleeper. To be honest, I want the sales person who gives me 8-12 years of a good night sleep to make good money. Its often hard to find sales people that know what they are talking about, but mattress sales people are like doctors. Worth the extra if you ask me. Still its worth asking for a good deal, don't get me wrong. The only place to avoid in my opinion when buying a mattress in a retail store is Furniture Stores. They are trained to tell you about furniture and bedroom sets. The mattress is an extra for them. Thats why they tend to avoid them.
I knew exactly what it felt like after spending an entire night on it at the hotel. That was a much better trial than anything we could simulate at a store. My spouse and I differ by 140 lbs. The actual firmness of the bed is adjustable, based upon the sleep number you choose. As it turned out, my husband likes his bed firmer than I and his sleep number is 90. I prefer mine at 75. We purchased a dual control king sized bed, so he could keep his side the way he likes it and I could keep mine the way I like it. The vendor we purchased it from had the best price, they offer an unconditional 30 day guarantee, and are quite reputable regarding returns. Had we opted to return the bed they would have reimbursed our initial shipping, but we would have had to pay return shipping. It was worth the "risk" to us to try it after experiencing it, because we did not have to worry about the bed passing any type of inspection had we opted to return it within the 30 days.

I see absolutely no similarity between buying a bed this way and choosing a physician. We tried the bed for an entire night, we liked it, we price shopped and bought it. It was rather simple.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:11 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I knew exactly what it felt like after spending an entire night on it at the hotel. That was a much better trial than anything we could simulate at a store. My spouse and I differ by 140 lbs. The actual firmness of the bed is adjustable, based upon the sleep number you choose. As it turned out, my husband likes his bed firmer than I and his sleep number is 90. I prefer mine at 75. We purchased a dual control king sized bed, so he could keep his side the way he likes it and I could keep mine the way I like it. The vendor we purchased it from had the best price, they offer an unconditional 30 day guarantee, and are quite reputable regarding returns. Had we opted to return the bed they would have reimbursed our initial shipping, but we would have had to pay return shipping. It was worth the "risk" to us to try it after experiencing it, because we did not have to worry about the bed passing any type of inspection had we opted to return it within the 30 days.

I see absolutely no similarity between buying a bed this way and choosing a physician. We tried the bed for an entire night, we liked it, we price shopped and bought it. It was rather simple.
Well, in your case with the sleep number bed, I guess I see your point. I personally don't like them, to me they feel like Im sleeping on an airmattress when I go camping. They have mold issues, or did. I once looked into them. Sounds like you got a good deal for you and your wife.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,303 times
Anyone ever hear of the Arizona Premium Mattress co?? Found them on the internet and they sell Latex 100% natural. Thanks

Old 02-06-2009, 12:23 AM
CG4

20 posts, read 70,240 times
Some will make fun, but I have never gone wrong with going to R&S Mattress Liquidators. Sure, you feel like you're at a bad used car dealership while you're in there and they calculate the cost using a hand-held, eight-digit, solar-powered school calculator, but the mattress that you take home is still wrapped in original plastic and cost 33% of the Macy's price. Serta pillowtop mattress, boxspring, and standard metal bedframe...$550 inc. tax. Again, just an alternative...esp. if money's tight.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:21 AM

1,009 posts, read 4,039,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjones4 View Post
they sell Latex
If you're into "doing it yourself", research and drive yourself insane trying to find the optimum configuration of layers.
Central Plastics (http://centralplastic.com/plastic/index.asp?content=12&cat=15 - broken link)
Skirted Wool Fleece Pad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area