Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 04:22 PM

253 posts, read 1,740,959 times

Advertisements

Ok, you're going to love this one. I lived in a ground floor apartment in North PHX (Bell Rd) in 2000 and always left my bedroom window open a bit at night. My bed was right beside the window - there's no way anyone could have busted in without me waking up immediately. But what did happen scared the "poop" out of me.

I woke up hearing footsteps on the rocks outside my window and then a man shouted in my window, at full volume, "I EAT MY OWN POOP!" Then he just left. I have no effin idea who it was or why my window was chosen, but I sat in bed terrified, and yes, I closed the window after that. The next morning I could see where he had been standing outside my window and I found a spoon on the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 04:42 PM

106 posts, read 532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnubler View Post
Ok, you're going to love this one. I lived in a ground floor apartment in North PHX (Bell Rd) in 2000 and always left my bedroom window open a bit at night. My bed was right beside the window - there's no way anyone could have busted in without me waking up immediately. But what did happen scared the "poop" out of me.

I woke up hearing footsteps on the rocks outside my window and then a man shouted in my window, at full volume, "I EAT MY OWN POOP!" Then he just left. I have no effin idea who it was or why my window was chosen, but I sat in bed terrified, and yes, I closed the window after that. The next morning I could see where he had been standing outside my window and I found a spoon on the ground.
That is hysterical. I'm not sure if it was meant to be, but I got my laugh for the day.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:59 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,068,816 times
Angry That is NOT FUNNY !

It is really scarey. Especially since I used to live in N. Phoenix near Bell also. I am telling you, every crazy, every criminal, every looney and all the other wierdos out there are on the streets on Phoenix when they should be locked up.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:22 PM

264 posts, read 1,086,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
It is really scarey. Especially since I used to live in N. Phoenix near Bell also. I am telling you, every crazy, every criminal, every looney and all the other wierdos out there are on the streets on Phoenix when they should be locked up.
This is no different than any other metro area.. especially one with 4 million people.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:24 PM

264 posts, read 1,086,201 times
Quote:

I would've yelled back "I HAVE A LOADED GUN! I DIDN'T HEAR YOU, SAY THAT AGAIN!"

Again, ground floor + window open is not smart.. common sense peeps

Old 04-17-2008, 08:32 PM

523 posts, read 1,282,870 times
Quote:

I didn't lose it until you mentioned the spoon! OMG! LMAO!!!!!!!

Good one!!

If this had really happened, I would have yelled "Here come the Rottweilers!!" Seriously, I know it was a joke (and a good one!) but IF this kind of thing was real I would have to ask you: Why don't you have a dog or a panic button/alarm or a gun to protect yourself from crazy, dangerous people? Don't be a sitting duck! An alarm you can trigger with an loud outside horn will work great. (FYI: The sound of a shotgun "pump" will make any criminal run.) If you're worried about safety or have small kids around, you wouldn't HAVE to keep it loaded. The sound alone is VERRRRY effective. Just don't yell "It isn't loaded!"

Old 04-17-2008, 09:55 PM

2 posts, read 6,398 times
This is interesting. I wouldn't leave my windows open all night but for awhile I like to feel the breeze. There have been intruders in my area so I play it safe. They always look for that open window. But you really can't spend your whole life playing it safe either. A special note to you with doggies. My dog was poisoned by a would be break inner. They slipped the dog a treat soaked in anti freeze. So, make sure they only take food from you or there bowl. If you have a doggy door close it at night because they just through the food over the fence and then wait until it kills the dog. Lucky for me they couldn't enter because I was locked up with no windows open. But, you could see where they tried to enter. I live in a nice area too. I guess it's just the luck of the draw. The police said it happens all the time. They open a window or door throw the treat in and come back or wait. So, be careful giving those pooches that much guard duty, people who break in to your house do it for a living. lol Beautiful weather right now though, but a lot of dust!!!!

Old 04-17-2008, 10:46 PM

8,327 posts, read 13,462,277 times
I don't care, if the weather is nice, I'd want to leave the windows open but then again if I lived in a single story house, I'd have one, possibly two mean dogs (none of that stupid toy dogs that all they do is eat, sleep and poop).

Also even since I was kid, I had a niche for creating boobie-traps and that is exactly what I would do, create (set) various evil traps all around possible entry points and don't forget the motion activated cameras. Then wait for some cool videos to upload to YouTube.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:57 AM

338 posts, read 1,625,263 times
Quote:

That is pretty funny. I got a chuckle out of it. It is kinda creepy though too that a sicko like that is lurking around your bedroom window.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:

Gross! But if you found a spoon... perhaps he was being honest...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area